Fulmer debate extravaganza (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked all the references I could think of - ESPN, SEC website, college football data warehouse, CBS, wikipedia, etc.. and amazingly not one single team had an * with the reference "backed in championship". Interstingly, this isnt limited to the SEC. There are no schools that are noted to "backed into ____" conf championship, bowl game, or even national championship

I checked all the references I could think of - ESPN, SEC website, college football data warehouse, CBS, wikipedia, etc.. and amazingly not one single team had an * with the reference "backed in championship". Interstingly, this isnt limited to the SEC. There are no schools that are noted to "backed into ____" conf championship, bowl game, or even national championship

Of course you didn't find an asterisk, and of course you know what is meant by the terminology. Or......maybe you don't. It isn't really that academic. Pretty simply understood,

Last edited:
why wouldn't any school hire fulmer after he got fired by ut?

Same reason no team has hired Gruden. Oh, but that's right, you won't agree with that cause you're too busy kissing his ass. But, since you really asked, the most logical and probably most accurate is that he's been getting paid to do nothing, has another job, and gets a lot of time with family and golf. But of course, you'll find some way to spin that.

Reactions: 3 people
Ranked #5 then. Should be ranked #65 now.

Well let's see.

2007 (year one)

Fulmer had a ruff year and he played a lot of young players.

year 2

We gave them to Kiffen. How many didn't fit into his program. wouldn't be the first time players were left out in the cold by a coach who didn't recruit them.

Year 3, 4 & 5 (5th yr seniors)

Now let's hand them to Dooley. Great idea there.

How about you go pick out who you believe to be the best in the nation. Recruit them, get to know them and their families. Then we will hand them off to a couple of dumb a**s and lets see how they turn out in 4 or 5 years. If they don't live up to expectations you will take all the blame.

Fair enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Well let's see.

2008 (year one)

Fulmer had a ruff year and he played a lot of young players.

year 2

We gave them to Kiffen. How many didn't fit into his program. wouldn't be the first time players were left out in the cold by a coach who didn't recruit them.

Year 3, 4 & 5 (5th yr seniors)

Now let's hand them to Dooley. Great idea there.

How about you go pick out who you believe to be the best in the nation. Recruit them, get to know them and their families. Then we will hand them off to a couple of dumb a**s and lets see how they turn out in 4 or 5 years. If they don't live up to expectations you will take all the blame.

Fair enough.

You're off a year. 2007 was year 1.

Eric Berry, Denarius Moore, and Gerald Jones did alright.

Most of the guys were gone before Dooley arrived.

Kiffin had nothing do with with such superbusts as Kenny O'Neal, Brent Vinson, Chris Donald. Creer has himself to blame for leaving. He didn't like being down on the depth chart. Langley and Melancon were gone before Kiffin iirc.

This was supposed to be a class to build championships with and it wasn't.

If Hart can't get Gruden, Petrino or Stoops, I would take Fulmer back over any other candidates I can think of.[/QU You mean you would take mediocre football at Tennessee at best over potential championship team?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

And what guarantees that statement? Hmm? Nothing. There's no real legitimate proof that those will win championships and Fulmer wouldn't, and vice versa. I seem to recall a certain "savior of UT football" only winning 7 games, and now greatly underachieving with a crap ton of talent out west. Yet again, what you call "mediocre" happened a lot throughout the history of this program, not a new occurrence under Fulmer, minus the NC.

You're off a year. 2007 was year 1.

Eric Berry, Denarius Moore, and Gerald Jones did alright.

Most of the guys were gone before Dooley arrived.

Kiffin had nothing do with with such superbusts as Kenny O'Neal, Brent Vinson, Chris Donald. Creer has himself to blame for leaving. He didn't like being down on the depth chart. Langley and Melancon were gone before Kiffin iirc.

This was supposed to be a class to build championships with and it wasn't.

your right I'm off by a year, but I still don't think you can blame Fulmer for their bust. He only had them one year.

your right I'm off by a year, but I still don't think you can blame Fulmer for their bust. He only had them one year.

2 years. Remember. You're off a year.

Whoever is to blame, the class was a bust. Trying to pimp the 2007 class as some great Fulmer accomplishment is kinda silly.

Shoulda stayed with Fulmer. I was ready for him to go as well but at least we would not be going through all this. We would still be losers granted but dignified losers, not a team no one wants to coach.Here's to shooting for winning half our games the next five seasons.:crazy:

PS Meanwhile MTSU and Vandy headed to bowl games.

fulmer stopped recruiting and stopped winning---why would you want him back now?

And who do you guarantee will come in here and win.

Myers, Saban, Miles and Spurrier. 6 teams in the top 10 from the SEC. If you ask me we jumped from the pan and into the fire. You have no one guaranteed wins in the SEC and I don't want to bet on someone unproven or who has done good for 3 years. Fulmer had 17 years, he's forgotten more than most will ever know.

Reactions: 1 person
he forgot how to recruit and win games.

Great answer!!!

Who would you hire?
You don't just forget how to win lol.

Add a bad hire, recruiting regulations set by Hamilton. His hands were tied for a while.

Do you understand that UT set the standards to get into UT higher than NCAA and SEC regulations required. Heck it is easier to get into Vandy than it is to get into UT.

Damn Hamilton started all this stuff and football is now suffering. Take a look around we are getting left behind.

And the worst part is Fulmer was the only coach to fight Hamiltons little plan. He got fired for it with the help of a foolish fan base. Now people are looking around all confused with a lost look in their eyes. Why because the coach that was trying to save the program and inform people about what going on got fired.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back