Fulmer debate extravaganza (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lay down the crack pipe.

Back away slowly .

Gruden is making 4.5 million per year on MNF and is the hottest name out there.

He can pick and choose where he wants to coach NFL or NCAA.

Universities have not been beating Fulnwrs door down with job offers.

I haven't heard Fulmer name brought up for anything in the NFL

You fail big time trying to compare
Phil to Chucky.

Really, could you please post their all time HC records. Thanks in advance.

I cant believe what a lot of fans are saying about Coach Fulmer. I guess our memories have be high jacked. Remember He's the only coach to win us a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP since 52. 2 SEC Championships (1997 &98). The Vols made three other SEC Championship game appearances in 2001, 2004, and 2007 losing all three. I know he had some decline over the last several years of his career, Fulmer's winning percentage was still among the top in the country for coaches who had over ten years' experience.
So He's still better than what we have now. I understand if we dont bring him back. But why do we continue to slander a great Coach who LOVES Tennessee? Are we that un-Grateful?:banghead2:

Because there is no one on this board willing to admit they are wrong.

Reactions: 3 people
Ive said it here before and will say it again.
The Volnation will never return to greatness until all of the Fulmer haters repent and admit they were wrong.
We define "snakebit" as a program since the complete disaster and mishandling of the CPF departure.
I'm begging the haters to please turn in your fan card or repent for your sins!

"We can do better, we are Tennessee" thats what all the haters said back in 08. Now we will be heading into the 5th season of "We can do Better"

So please one of you Fulmer hating Einsteins tell me exactly how long the rest of us will have to wait until "We can do Better?"

Anyone who gets on here and continues to bash CPF is a disgrace to the orange. Grow up! Admit you were wrong or please move along..Its obvious to the entire world except you that you were wrong.

Do not waste your time.

fulmer went downhill---it was time for a change, but kiffin and dooley were not the right choices. the AD blew both hires.

OK. I'll agree with this. BUT....The bashing? Seriously? Unless there is someone on here old enough to have remembered General Neyland, CPF is the best coach we (living fans) have ever had here. IT CANNOT BE DENIED. SPIN IT, DIS IT, CRACK FAT JOKES TILL THE COWS COME HOME, BUT IT CANNOT BE DENIED.

Reactions: 3 people
Lay down the crack pipe.

Back away slowly .

Phil to Chucky.

If you would bother to do some research you'll find out that Phil has another job, like Gruden, and is a part owner in a company. Its also documented that he said he wanted to stay near his family which includes his daughter, son in law (another former Vol), and his grandchild. Whether others schools declined to offer him a job or not, we dont know. Whether he was offered too little, we dont know. Whether he said no to a school, we dont know. All that is known is that he isnt desperate enough to pack up and move all over the country just for a paycheck.

I know its hard to comprehend between shots of Ensure and reruns on the Game Show Network, Gramps, but there's more to the story that just the one side you want to believe. Money is great but money isnt everything to some people. Some value family more. Extra prune juice might help your disposition.

Reactions: 2 people
If you would bother to do some research you'll find out that Phil has another job, like Gruden, and is a part owner in a company. Its also documented that he said he wanted to stay near his family which includes his daughter, son in law (another former Vol), and his grandchild. Whether others schools declined to offer him a job or not, we dont know. Whether he was offered too little, we dont know. Whether he said no to a school, we dont know. All that is known is that he isnt desperate enough to pack up and move all over the country just for a paycheck.

I know its hard to comprehend between shots of Ensure and reruns on the Game Show Network, Gramps, but there's more to the story that just the one side you want to believe. Money is great but money isnt everything to some people. Some value family more. Extra prune juice might help your disposition.

I am second to no one in my support of CPF, but Gramps is a solid person. Please stay classy. You too Gramps. lol

Because there is no one on this board willing to admit they are wrong.

Ok, I was wrong. Let's bring back Phil. How do we start?

images

Reactions: 2 people
So please one of you Fulmer hating Einsteins tell me exactly how long the rest of us will have to wait until "We can do Better?"

Admit you were wrong or please move along..Its obvious to the entire world except you that you were wrong.

It is long past time for the Haters (Gonna Hate) to admit they were wrong.

I'm sure when Gruden arrives though they will be saying, "SEE! SEE!" But the truth is, we were one mediocre defensive performance away from having Derek Dooley for our coach for a few years yet.

Reactions: 1 person
It's taken 4 years, but this thread is ready to rest and bring on Fulmer Extravagenza II......compared to Gruden VIII...

Hi Phil, good to see you...

Lay down the crack pipe.

Back away slowly .

Phil to Chucky.

Hard to compare the two with one being all college and the other pro. But,

Chucky-100–85–0 (Overall)

Phillip-152–52

Reactions: 1 person
I know he recruited nationally and was able to get Burnett, Simon, & Foster out of Cali, but did Fulmer, toward the last 5 -10 years piss off a bunch of high school coaches in Tennessee? I know there was more good players in TN signing with Auburn than UT.

I'll hang up and listen

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back