Fulmer and UTC

Maybe you're not familiar with their playoff history over the last three years. They've been knocking on that door pretty consistently for a school that's "not committed to winning championships."

Well then Fulmer will find some other excuse. I swear some of you take this stuff too literally. :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
Does he still have the fire? Yes
Does he still have the energy? Don't know
Has he kept up with changes in how the game is played? Yes
Is he willing to adapt? Yes
Will he recruit well enough? Yes
Will he recruit too well and hurt UTK? No

66 is an age, when coaches usually retire, not get back into the game. Perhaps he would be better suited as an AD/assistant coach for the Mocs.

Perhaps he would be better off as an OL Coach/Assistant Head Coach for UTK. CBJ could really benefit from having someone on his staff with better game day experience.

We really need someone to teach the OL how to "Block like Heck!"

CPF, Pittman and Coach Barry IMO were/are the three of best OL coaches around.

I think they are all still in Knoxville area.. but I didn't read story. pretty certain the other two are around his home.. daughter living there not a reason to go IMO

Son is in northern Mid state area also.

He has more than 1 daughter so where are all of them? He can't move closer to all of them unless they all live in Chattanooga. I think this is Wamp trying to get publicity for his home school. The athletic department can sell to coaches to take the job as it's so good a Hall of Fame National Champion coach was interested in it.
You mean a politician is full of **it ! NO WAY! :no:

Love some of the reasoning in that article. Why would a retired 66 year old worth 7 figures take on a full time job just 75 miles away to be closer to family? Wouldn't it be easier to stay retired and just drive down there whenever he wants?

If he does it, it will be to set himself up for the Knoxville gig in 2-3 years. No other reason for him to do it. A coach that has won big at the highest level isn't going to be content at the Chattanooga level for very long.

Zach Wamp wrote an opinion letter to Breaking News - Chattanoogan.com based off David Blackburn getting advice from Fulmer on the search. It looks like they blew it way out of proportion. I'm hoping Jamey Chadwell is named the new Mocs coach. He is a rising star.

I think they are all still in Knoxville area.. but I didn't read story. pretty certain the other two are around his home.. daughter living there not a reason to go IMO

Thanks. I figured that reason was a farce.

Better go back and check your stats on the teams he didn't lose to........there's 1 there that doesn't belong, and it happened in 2005 in Neyland in the same nite Peyton's number was retired.

Old Ball Coach's first year... And had it not been for Fumblin' F'n Foster we wouldn't have lost a heartbreaker on a 49 yd FG.

Fulmer had really 1 bad year and that was in 2008.

2005 was a product of a few things, especially the Ainge head case situation, Fumbles back to back weeks with BAMA and USCe would have made this 5-6 campaign a 7-4 campaign with a possible 8-4 finish. We went to South Bend that year, and not once did I think we couldn't compete with a very good ND team. Hence why I spent money to go up when I was in college and didn't have it to spend.

In 2008 it was like a year long wake after the UCLA game.. You knew it was coming, just didn't know how it would happen.

We have UTC on the schedule in 2019 I believe... That would be interesting.

The players that played for Fulmer didnt "idolize" him but he didnt lose to Vanderbilt, kY or usc. But your right, he wouldnt get this new style football. He didnt run a BS zone read offense that rarely passes downfield and he didnt run defenses that regularly gave up 40 points to Vandy. I guess he just wouldnt get it in today's Vol football program.

Im glad people like you and Butch bring us back to the reality of accepting garbage in this new age football landscape where we take double overtime to beat App State and get embarrased by Vandy.

And I am glad we have people like you who have selective memories of the final 5 years of the Fulmer era. I am not exactly hopeful with where Butch will take us, but thinking Fulmer is an upgrade? Man, if he was all that and a bad of chips, somebody would have hired him.

Reactions: 2 people
Vs Vanderbilt

CPF - 17-1
CBJ - 2-2

TN Coaching record

CPF - 152-52
CBJ - 29-21

Not even close. Check the stats

Yeah, but you are leaving out that Fulmer is the primary reason (along with Kiffen and Dooley) that Jones' record is such!

Yeah, but you are leaving out that Fulmer is the primary reason (along with Kiffen and Dooley) that Jones' record is such!

Whatever. Fulmer has nothing to do with CBJ's record. It's time to stop finding ways to blame Fulmer and defend CBJ.

Yeah, a guy that was ousted almost a decade ago is the reason. Let's just blame Wade Houston for the current state of the basketball program, too.

I think it is a decision Coach Fulmer needs to make (if he is offered) and what we think doesn't matter... Good Luck Coach on making the right decision for you.

Go Vols!

I would say opinions vary more than you realize.

And I am not so sure current players idolize Fulmer the way some of you do.

But honestly? I think you just asked an ignorant question. That is about like Packers fans wanting Lombardi, Steelers fans wanting Noll, or Dolphins fans wanting Shula back. Even if they were all alive, the game has changed.

If you want Fantasy Island, buy the damn DVDs.

I prefer Bluray

Old news... next.

New Mocs head football coach Tom Arth building coaching staff....

VN Store

Back