Full Offensive Staff Announced

OC is also TE coach. Perhaps our TE's will actually see some balls thrown their way going forward? ;)
Now that we have a coach who isn't terrified of slants, crosses, and drags there will be a lot more passing over the middle.

Reactions: VolnJC
I mean Heupel's offense was fine at UCF, but it's rather worrying to have an entirely G5 staff on offense. They are going to see some far more talented defenses this season...
I’m not overly worried about the offense really. I think they’ll be fun to watch. Am extremely worried about defense however

That was pretty good thanks ..looks like he was chewing tobacco I had no idea people still did that...liked where he talked about sometimes going fast created its own opportunities and how important it was to use the series starters to get that initial first down to open up the speed portion and give defense a rest

Reactions: buck_fama
I mean Heupel's offense was fine at UCF, but it's rather worrying to have an entirely G5 staff on offense. They are going to see some far more talented defenses this season...

Recall Oregon's & Chip Kelly's flying ducks that were offensively unstoppable until they ran into an SEC team in the NC game? Oregon is still in search of their first NCAA NC trophy years later.

That was pretty good thanks ..looks like he was chewing tobacco I had no idea people still did that...liked where he talked about sometimes going fast created its own opportunities and how important it was to use the series starters to get that initial first down to open up the speed portion and give defense a rest
You're welcome, a pretty long video glad you enjoyed it!
Yes, I love that. And also the part how they teach the players which ref to give the ball to get it snapped quickly.

Reactions: VolnJC
Recall Oregon's & Chip Kelly's flying ducks that were offensively unstoppable until they ran into an SEC team in the NC game? Oregon is still in search of their first NCAA NC trophy years later.
Auburn won on a last second field goal. If Oregon had a decent defense, Oregon would've won.

My favorite uncle was a tobacco chewer. Died of mouth cancer. What a nasty habit and an ugly way to go.

We love to fall into this trap of sticking with things that we are familiar with. “Coach Bubba won’t know what hit him when he gets to the SEC.” I’m sorry but SEC experience isn’t a prerequisite for coaching football in the SEC. Where did Urban Meyer coach before he stormed the SEC?

Heupel won a big boy National Championship as a player, I promise that he knows what that should look like. His offenses at UCF have averaged over 40 points per game the last three years, and if we’re being honest, probably would have scored 40+ on UT too any of those three years.

Presumably he should have more talent coming in than he did at UCF so does it not stand to reason that he should be able to match the talent jump into the SEC?

This SEC exceptionalism is getting old. UT needs to worry about UT first and get as good as we can get. I’d love to be on the same level as Clemson or Ohio State right now, as would any of you. Our opponents aren’t going to change and football is football. Let’s just get better at football however we have to without considering if someone can “hold up to the rigors of the SEC.” That is quite honestly the dumbest idea I see repeated on this forum over and over again.

UCF with three star athletes kicked auburns ass then almost took down an LSU team with burrows on it the next year.

And it still seems the logical step to ensure that the offensive coaches understand the offense during what will be a difficult transition year. Does it really make sense to go and get the "big name" offensive "gurus" only to have them fall flat because they have to absorb the complicated offense that CJH runs too quickly. A lack of communication ability will make a 5-star coaching staff look like a bunch of baboons come any given Saturday.

And it still seems the logical step to ensure that the offensive coaches understand the offense during what will be a difficult transition year. Does it really make sense to go and get the "big name" offensive "gurus" only to have them fall flat because they have to absorb the complicated offense that CJH runs too quickly. A lack of communication ability will make a 5-star coaching staff look like a bunch of baboons come any given Saturday.

Look at Heupel's salary as compared to other SEC coaches. We are paying him like an SEC bottom feeder. He may not end up that way, I'll await the product he puts on the field to determine who is getting a good deal between he and UTAD. Just know he's being paid like his new AD doesn't have all that much faith in him at the start.

Look at Heupel's salary as compared to other SEC coaches. We are paying him like an SEC bottom feeder. He may not end up that way, I'll await the product he puts on the field to determine who is getting a good deal between he and UTAD. Just know he's being paid like his new AD doesn't have all that much faith in him at the start.
Or maybe it didn't take a huge bankroll for him to want the job. I seriously doubt the new AD would hire someone having no confidence in him. I have a feeling CJH was higher on the HC board than some on here want to believe. It was the typical pie in the sky approach from this sometimes bipolar chat room.

VN Store

Back