Fulkerson

Tennman

VFL and a week
First let me say, I love Fulkerson. His dedication to UT has been phenomenal. I know some are upset with RB comment about Fulky needs to play better or get out of the way. I think Coach Barnes explained that comment very well today. I hope everyone saw it. He basically said Fulky has been practicing hard and says he's feeling fine. Coach just wants him to do the same during the game. I think he also wants Fulky to admit if he's really not feeling so fine with the COVID hangover. Its not uncommon and I know people who its taken a loooong time to fully recover. Coach also reminded the reporters very quickly, he never says anything in public without already talking to the player before hand. It wasn't a "throw under the bus" statement. How quick we are to forget how the media loves to flame the fires. GO VOLS Come on Fulky, feel better, we need you !!!

First let me say, I love Fulkerson. His dedication to UT has been phenomenal. I know some are upset with RB comment about Fulky needs to play better or get out of the way. I think Coach Barnes explained that comment very well today. I hope everyone saw it. He basically said Fulky has been practicing hard and says he's feeling fine. Coach just wants him to do the same during the game. I think he also wants Fulky to admit if he's really not feeling so fine with the COVID hangover. Its not uncommon and I know people who its taken a loooong time to fully recover. Coach also reminded the reporters very quickly, he never says anything in public without already talking to the player before hand. It wasn't a "throw under the bus" statement. How quick we are to forget how the media loves to flame the fires. GO VOLS Come on Fulky, feel better, we need you !!!

Good grief! A poster who considers the entirety of a comment rather than just the part that justifies or supports his or her point. Overdue.

Barnes loves his players and most of his players will go through walls for Barnes. A loss or two in basketball, especially to two top 25 teams, should not cause a fan base response of panic and run. This team is young, talented and still evolving. If it finds its leader - a true alpha - it will be fine. If not, it probably won't achieve its potential. For the team to succeed, Barnes can't be the alpha. It has to be a player or two. I think it will likely develop. Barnes' teams usually do.

Fulkerson has never been a super talented physical phenom, but he is a very capable college player -ask North Carolina or Arizona. Fulkerson appears to be very stubborn - see, his entire career. Fulkerson is probably not fit right now, but my money says he will be back and so will the team. I think Fulkerson is the player most well positioned by way of effort and experience to take over this team. But, he has to be healthy.

Good grief! A poster who considers the entirety of a comment rather than just the part that justifies or supports his or her point. Overdue.

Barnes loves his players and most of his players will go through walls for Barnes. A loss or two in basketball, especially to two top 25 teams, should not cause a fan base response of panic and run. This team is young, talented and still evolving. If it finds its leader - a true alpha - it will be fine. If not, it probably won't achieve its potential. For the team to succeed, Barnes can't be the alpha. It has to be a player or two. I think it will likely develop. Barnes' teams usually do.

Fulkerson has never been a super talented physical phenom, but he is a very capable college player -ask North Carolina or Arizona. Fulkerson appears to be very stubborn - see, his entire career. Fulkerson is probably not fit right now, but my money says he will be back and so will the team. I think Fulkerson is the player most well positioned by way of effort and experience to take over this team. But, he has to be healthy.

Dude, you've hit the nail square on the head.......spot on! It's unfortunate we have some fans that always want to play the blame game after each loss. A shooting lull right now means we may not have one later in the season.

This could be a situation like we've seen in football where we are practicing against our own players. Perhaps measuring the barometer is a challenge.

My take on Fulky and the team overall (this year and last) is that they are too inconsistent. Fulkerson has been that way his whole career. They'll rise up and win some great games. But then there will be many games where you just have to scratch your head. The key, IMO, is if Chandler at Point Guard really starts clicking and runs the show. He can get everyone going. If not, look for a short run in both the SEC tournament and NCAAs (seems to be standard for us).

coach barnes is the man who put the players on the floor and if fulkerson is not doing the job and has a better player on the bench he should bench fulkerson and play the better player and keep his big mouth shut about fulkerson. coach barnes did the same at texasfor afew years before they found out it not always the player and fired coach barnes.

I love Fulk, he's given his all to UT. With that said he is a role player. He's not the alpha male to take the team on his shoulders night in and night out and lead them to championships. He's just not.
He is what we see, huge games and games he is nowhere to be found.
Hopefully Barnes understands this and has not placed his bets on Fulk leading the team.

I like Fulky but wish he had hit the weight room a little more in his 6 years on the Hill

So we like Fulky again?😉
I have a feeling we may see a responsive John Fulkerson, in our next game.
GBO!!

Fulkerson is 2 games removed from 24-10 vs Arizona. I’ve gotta think having Covid again is affecting him since then. Barnes is going to have to figure out what’s going on with him though as he is a liability right now on the floor.

Reactions: Lurker
Fulky is who he is. He’ll occasionally take over games and carry the team, and sometimes disappear and be a non factor. My guess is it’s related to match ups and how other teams choose to defend him.
Either way, the guys poured his heart and soul into being a Vol and I appreciate the effort and how he has represented the program.

From what I understand, very hard worker but seems to be injury/illness prone. Isn't this the second COVID positive in 2 years, not to mention various injuries? Somebody tell him to take lots of vitamin D and Zinc to try to stay healthy.

Reactions: KHVol
We need to hope he gets back to his playing level. A more inside game should take away some the 3 point shots being taken now which would also be a good thing.

I don’t think people should read too much into what he says either way. Proof will be in the pudding. Will Fulkerson rebound? Will his minutes get cut?

Reactions: cardvolfan
Never ever thought we might get to the point where Uros might be taking some of Fulky’s minutes

I watched Fulky at the beginning of the Ole Miss game run up and down the court 3 times, then at a dead ball, he went in front of Schwarz and patted his chest, which of course is how they indicate they need a breather. I just think he is still not well….not at all.

Reactions: Lurker
Same here. But, honestly, if Uros can give us the effort and production he did against LSU, he deserves more minutes.
If he will just dunk everything, I will be happy. Actually, the fact he had a pretty decent game against some big, athletic guys gives me a little more hope. My guess is that Plavsic starts and Fulky comes off the bench. Just truly a hunch and nothing more.

Reactions: cncchris33

VN Store

Back