FSU/Freeze

Freeze knows how tough it will be to get Tennessee competitive again, don't kid yourself, the Vols are currently going through a Major rebuild and have very little talent on hand.

The Vols represent an uphill battle for any coach and Freeze is fully aware of the tremendous challenge he would face

Reactions: OneVolNation
Freeze knows how tough it will be to get Tennessee competitive again, don't kid yourself, the Vols are currently going through a Major rebuild and have very little talent on hand.

The Vols represent an uphill battle for any coach and Freeze is fully aware of the tremendous challenge he would face

True, but the bar is lower here, too. If Freeze can just make the UT offense respectable, he can then write his own ticket.

If all these schools have interest in hiring him. It may not be Tennessee's fault. He by being patient can drive up the asking price beyond his true worth.
Some Booster from Ohio State prob just called him. They really don't care about optics..Just winning

True, but the bar is lower here, too. If Freeze can just make the UT offense respectable, he can then write his own ticket.

The bar is not lower here. Read this message board. People already saying Pruitt is in the hot seat and time for a change. The expectations here from the lynch mob are off the charts.

If you could choose between OC jobs at UT or Bama - what would you choose? Hummm.....2 years at Bama as OC (loaded with talent at every position) and then off to a multi-million dollar HC job somewhere......OR.......rebuild with a questionable roster in the SEC only to get possibly fired in 2 years or lose your job b/c your HC gets fired...and then back on the street?

That's what I thought - Freeze (if he's offered) to Bama all day long.

Reactions: tcdestiny
The bar isn't that low. If Freeze came here and the offensive output was only somewhat better than last year, there'd be some disappointment. Making the offense respectable is just a baseline expectation and I'm not sure he could write his ticket anywhere if he just made it respectable. The expectation would be for very noticeable improvement. Look at what we just did to Helton. IMO, Helton obviously improved JG's downfield passing ability, and was able to beat 2 ranked teams with zero offensive line, and a decent portion of our fanbase wanted him fired.

Freeze is waiting to see what happens at Alabama. Should be obvious at this point. He wants to go to the place that is going to get him a good HC offer the quickest. Alabama's offense is going to be great next year with or without Hugh Freeze. He wants to go to Alabama, put up incredible numbers with Tua, then see what his HC offers are after that.

The bar is not lower here. Read this message board. People already saying Pruitt is in the hot seat and time for a change. The expectations here from the lynch mob are off the charts.

If you don't think the expectations here (at the present time) versus, say, Alabama are quite different, then there's nothing I can say.

RIp Gulf coast offense

Lasted one season in big boy football arguably 2 with Oregon

FSU said get rid of it or get your gulf coast loving ass out of town

Hope they don’t get him tho

If you don't think the expectations here versus, say, Alabama are quite different, then there's nothing I can say.
The difference between here and Alabama is that Alabama is equipped to meet their expectations regardless of whether or not Freeze is there. They had one of their greatest offenses ever with Mike Locksley as the OC. It doesn't matter who their OC is.

At Tennessee, Freeze is walking into a messy offense overall with a horrendous offensive line and would be expected to make it respectable at a minimum in just a single year. The Tennessee OC job is much harder and could pay less.

Alabama is a perfectly tuned supercar that Freeze would simply have to keep moving down a straight highway. Tennessee is a junker in a ditch that Freeze would be expected to get out of the ditch and then reasonably navigate down a curvy road.

Reactions: overseasorange2
Freeze would be much better positioned at another school, to replace Taggart, than enduring a hell year under him as coach in waiting. Why would he want to go through that? Being part of Taggart's fail would damage his reputation. I think Tennessee is a much better place for Freeze.

Last edited:
I won't be surprised if they did all of this interviewing for the sake of showing "due diligence" and then end up promoting Friend or hiring from the bargain bin as if that was the plan from the start.
I really hope coach Fulmer doesn't allow that to happen. I believe he has more pride in UT than that. JMO

If you don't think the expectations here (at the present time) versus, say, Alabama are quite different, then there's nothing I can say.

Comon man use your head. You know that's a stretch trying to say I think many of our fans have expectations of a championship 4 appearance next season. I never thought or implied that. My point was there's a large group of fans who do have unrealistic expectations even if the standards are much lower here than Alabama.

I think a few fans here have realistic expectations. But mostly what I see here leads me to believe most fans think it's hire High Freeze right now or bust. Many have even stated Pruitt is on the hot seat in two years, maybe even one if this hire fails whoever it may be.

That's absolute insanity. Until we have SEC caliber players on both LOS pushing other teams around at will we're going to be very lucky to have a 6 win season next year, never mind 6+, regardless who our coaches are. I think fans talking about a Pruitt hot seat 2 and 3 years out are crazy out of their minds with unrealistic expectations for the present and near future.

This place kills me. All they can do is make an offer. They can't make someone take the job. If Freeze ends up somewhere else it was his choice.

There's no reason Vols shouldn't have enough talent to win. Wisconsin was a top 5-10 team for years with their past 4 recruiting classes being 35, 34,35,35 in the country. Look how Vandy beats us with 3 stars. Compare to Vols classes the last 10 years. The coaching and development here has been gawd awful. Pruitt brought hope....then it was obliterated with those last 2 games. But the talent has always been there to be better than 4 or 5 wins....for damn sure.

Reactions: Frozevol
There's no reason Vols shouldn't have enough talent to win. Wisconsin was a top 5-10 team for years with their past 4 recruiting classes being 35, 34,35,35 in the country. Look how Vandy beats us with 3 stars. Compare to Vols classes the last 10 years. The coaching and development here has been gawd awful. Pruitt brought hope....then it was obliterated with those last 2 games. But the talent has always been there to be better than 4 or 5 wins....for damn sure.
I live in Madison. I’ve been watching the Badgers for the last 10 years field much better teams than UT. They are elated here to get ANY 4 Stars. They have signed an average of one 5 star about every three years and typically land only three, 4-stars each year. In that time they’ve been to a bowl every year and won more than 10 games 7 of the last 10 years. Hell, even Bret Bielema won here! And I am confident they would never lose to VANDY. Coaching and player development matters.

Reactions: BLUTickbusdriver

VN Store

Back