Frustrating Loss + idiotic Fans = goodnight VN

Fans aren't embarrassing their university nearly as much by posting on a message board as the b'ball team did tonight by losing on it's home floor to a team from the Summit League. That was just pathetic.

I'm sure this team will still win plenty of games along the way and make the tournament at the end of the year, but tonight was still a pretty bitter does of reality after some big wins to start the year. Any sort of delusions that we have an elite team this season are out the window for good. That still doesn't mean we can't have a decent season though.

This is an extreme over reaction to one loss. Oakland is a good team. We didn't play with the intensity needed tonight to beat a good team. We have the same opportunity to be an elite team that we had prior to this game. Hopefully, this game will be a lesson to this team that they have to be ready to play every night if they truly want to be elite.

This is an extreme over reaction to one loss. Oakland is a good team. We didn't play with the intensity needed tonight to beat a good team. We have the same opportunity to be an elite team that we had prior to this game. Hopefully, this game will be a lesson to this team that they have to be ready to play every night if they truly want to be elite.

I don't think it's an overreaction at all. An elite team doesn't lose to Oakland. Wright St. beat them for god's sake. Oakland is a decent team, but I think your standards for "good" are a little low. This still has the potential to be a decent season for UT hoops, but the bottom line is elite level teams don't lose on their home floor to teams from the Summit League.

It's a little disappointing to see this team for what they really are for the first time after riding high for a couple weeks, but that's just reality. They're going to be limited on the offensive end at times, especially if a couple guys get in foul trouble, and it'll likely cost them several games along the way. I don't think anyone really went into this year thinking we were going duplicate last year's tourney run. At the end of the day it's really just that "They are who we thought they were", a team that will make the tourney for sure, but whose ceiling is probably the Sweet 16.

Fans aren't embarrassing their university nearly as much by posting on a message board as the b'ball team did tonight by losing on it's home floor to a team from the Summit League. That was just pathetic.

I'm sure this team will still win plenty of games along the way and make the tournament at the end of the year, but tonight was still a pretty bitter does of reality after some big wins to start the year. Any sort of delusions that we have an elite team this season are out the window for good. That still doesn't mean we can't have a decent season though.

You must not have been around the game for very long. This team is much better than decent and has a great chance to be elite. You simply have no clue as to what you are talking about. Decent season??? :birgits_giggle:

I don't think it's an overreaction at all. An elite team doesn't lose to Oakland. Wright St. beat them for god's sake. Oakland is a decent team, but I think your standards for "good" are a little low. This still has the potential to be a decent season for UT hoops, but the bottom line is elite level teams don't lose on their home floor to teams from the Summit League.

It's a little disappointing to see this team for what they really are for the first time after riding high for a couple weeks, but that's just reality. They're going to be limited on the offensive end at times, especially if a couple guys get in foul trouble, and it'll likely cost them several games along the way. I don't think anyone really went into this year thinking we were going duplicate last year's tourney run. At the end of the day it's really just that "They are who we thought they were", a team that will make the tourney for sure, but whose ceiling is probably the Sweet 16.

This team has every opportunity to have a great season. You can't base the season outcome on one game. I could take the other approach and say they will go undefeated the rest of the way and win the national championship based on the Pitt game. It's a long season. I really don't think any team will go through the season and not have an off night and lose a game here and there. If we go on a 3-4 game losing streak, then your analysis may actually have some merit, but I don't expect that to happen.

VN Store

Back