Frustrating Loss + idiotic Fans = goodnight VN

allvol21

Not trying to make a generic hat postgame report just trying to break this down into points because I have alot to say:

On The Game -

1. Call it a trap game if you want but pearl and company knew they had a good and tested opponent coming into TBA tonight.

2. The vols played 34 minutes of good basketball. Then you know what the other 6 minutes were.

3. Really thought Melvin Goins played very well tonight running the offense in the half court distributing the ball and scoring himself. He is the only one I can speak highly on their performance.

4. Steven pearl hurt us badly coming down the stretch fouling a team with the lead 90 feet from the basket would get you removed from the coaches boy club, its pure stupidity.

5. Coaching wise I can't put this one on pearl. I think the staff had this team ready to play and you could tell that early in the game. They hit shots down the stretched we got good looks and couldn't finish them. From a coaches standpoint there is nothing you can do about that.

On The Fans:
1. For the people that hide quietly in the corner chomping at the bit to get on here and start a thread when tennessee loses on all you are after is attention. You don't even have the gumption to stand by your post and back up your opinion with legitimate or valid points. It's like when my 6 your old Niece sais " I told you so!" thats not an insult to her intelligence its the truth about yours.
2. For these fans you are embarrassing to the university and to the rest of the fan base and probably to your own mothers.

Not trying to make a generic hat postgame report just trying to break this down into points because I have alot to say:

On The Game -

1. Call it a trap game if you want but pearl and company knew they had a good and tested opponent coming into TBA tonight.

2. The vols played 34 minutes of good basketball. Then you know what the other 6 minutes were.

3. Really thought Melvin Goins played very well tonight running the offense in the half court distributing the ball and scoring himself. He is the only one I can speak highly on their performance.

4. Steven pearl hurt us badly coming down the stretch fouling a team with the lead 90 feet from the basket would get you removed from the coaches boy club, its pure stupidity.

5. Coaching wise I can't put this one on pearl. I think the staff had this team ready to play and you could tell that early in the game. They hit shots down the stretched we got good looks and couldn't finish them. From a coaches standpoint there is nothing you can do about that.

On The Fans:
1. For the people that hide quietly in the corner chomping at the bit to get on here and start a thread when tennessee loses on all you are after is attention. You don't even have the gumption to stand by your post and back up your opinion with legitimate or valid points. It's like when my 6 your old Niece sais " I told you so!" thats not an insult to her intelligence its the truth about yours.
2. For these fans you are embarrassing to the university and to the rest of the fan base and probably to your own mothers.

I totally agree 34 min may be a bit too high but great points esp #4 SP kills us offers NO value feels up NO stat line in 15+ min each game wasted

I totally agree 34 min may be a bit too high but great points esp #4 SP kills us offers NO value feels up NO stat line in 15+ min each game wasted

yea probably so to make it more accurate I would say we played 34 minutes well enough to win the basketball game

On The Game -

On The Fans:

+ 1

The McBee/Pearl combination certainly doesn't strike fear in the heart of the opposing coach.

the one positive thought is we won't have to hear form the gutless fans after tonight for a few weeks hopefully

Hopson needs to be more consistent. He wasn't even in the game tonight. Going from SEC Player of the week to this is awful on his part. A loss is a loss and rankings are just a number. What really matters is what happens in March and I am sure they will come to play.

I got to disagree on a few points. IMO, I thought Melvin played, at best, average on defense tonight. He was a beast on offense but minus a few posessions, he lacked the intensity I've seen all season long.

Also, can't believe all the fans that left TBA so quickly. I understand beating the traffic but we were within a hair and BAM, looked like a bomb scare lol. I believe it was right before Melvin hit that borderline 2.

On The Fans:

Fans aren't embarrassing their university nearly as much by posting on a message board as the b'ball team did tonight by losing on it's home floor to a team from the Summit League. That was just pathetic.

I'm sure this team will still win plenty of games along the way and make the tournament at the end of the year, but tonight was still a pretty bitter does of reality after some big wins to start the year. Any sort of delusions that we have an elite team this season are out the window for good. That still doesn't mean we can't have a decent season though.

They out played us, period. It's not a bad loss, though Oakland's RPI prior to the game was 101

Fans aren't embarrassing their university nearly as much by posting on a message board as the b'ball team did tonight by losing on it's home floor to a team from the Summit League. That was just pathetic.

I'm sure this team will still win plenty of games along the way and make the tournament at the end of the year, but tonight was still a pretty bitter does of reality after some big wins to start the year. Any sort of delusions that we have an elite team this season are out the window for good. That still doesn't mean we can't have a decent season though.

You sir.....are either an idiot or just plain disingenuous. To suggest that a team can't lose an early season game in a close one and then still be an elite team is just uninformed. Guess how many national champions have lost to an unranked opponent early in the season over the years. Most likely well over half of them. Either get over yourself or come up with something that at least has some small tiny inkling of fact.

I got to disagree on a few points. IMO, I thought Melvin played, at best, average on defense tonight. He was a beast on offense but minus a few posessions, he lacked the intensity I've seen all season long.

Also, can't believe all the fans that left TBA so quickly. I understand beating the traffic but we were within a hair and BAM, looked like a bomb scare lol. I believe it was right before Melvin hit that borderline 2.

Blame it on Melvin!! Brillient post!!

They out played us, period. It's not a bad loss, though Oakland's RPI prior to the game was 101

So actually you're saying it was a bad loss. Losing to a team like that on your home floor is inexcusable. The bottom line is that it's pretty clear now that we don't have an elite team this season. Doesn't mean they aren't good, just not elite.

Beyond the starting 5, there's simply not enough scoring threats to put out there when we start to get in foul trouble. There were LONG stretches last night where Scotty Hopson was the only legit scoring threat on the floor. The fact he was the only player on the floor Oakland had to really guard was a big part of why he had such a poor night.

That's the way Pearl plays... unfortunately how good of a game he plays is based on how the refs call it

So is constantly bashing a team and a coach that you say ur a fan of:hi:

You have a disagreement with a family member you love? Are they always right?

The criticism can be constructive or destructive but according to you neither is allowable. Your emotions are getting the better of you on this one.

So is constantly bashing a team and a coach that you say ur a fan of:hi:

So bashing a liar or bad basketball makes a person's mom dislike them?

All these years you hear of a mothers love. Whodathunkit?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back