Frohes Neues Jahr aus Deutschland!

Guten Rutsch, DeusEx!

Side note: I've convinced a number of people here into not only *watching* American football but actually supporting the Vols. :) I taught some friends the rules (Germans love rules) during the UGA game --unfortunately they had to learn the one about fumbling through the end zone-- but by the time the USCe game rolled around they were really into it. We had a viewing party every week at my place afterward, and I'm already looking forward to next year's schedule!

Grüße aus Potsdam!

One of the funniest times was listening to my German cousin try to explain to his buds an American HS football game he just watched. I tried to explain using beer mugs, salt and pepper shakers as props. It was like the Andy Griffith comedy routine about seeing football the first time.

Years later he figured out the basics, comparing it to a combination of Chess and Gladiators. He quickly converted to being a Vol, still wears the Cotton Bowl T-shirt when we beat Arkansas in the '90's. Crowning moment was when he visited and tried to tangle with bama fans in Knoxville when Peyton was a Freshman. Every weekend in the Fall I get E-mails from him about the games.

Once you can get them to understand the game, they bring the passion of the World Cup and they stay loyal. Even with the last few years, no sign of jumping ship.

Schönes Neues Jahr!! GBO!!

Reactions: 1 person
One of the funniest times was listening to my German cousin try to explain to his buds an American HS football game he just watched. I tried to explain using beer mugs, salt and pepper shakers as props. It was like the Andy Griffith comedy routine about seeing football the first time.

Years later he figured out the basics, comparing it to a combination of Chess and Gladiators. He quickly converted to being a Vol, still wears the Cotton Bowl T-shirt when we beat Arkansas in the '90's. Crowning moment was when he visited and tried to tangle with bama fans in Knoxville when Peyton was a Freshman. Every weekend in the Fall I get E-mails from him about the games.

Once you can get them to understand the game, they bring the passion of the World Cup and they stay loyal. Even with the last few years, no sign of jumping ship.

Schönes Neues Jahr!! GBO!!

That's great

VN Store

Back