Friscilla made a perceptive point...

armchair

about Williams late in the game last night. He noted, when Williams was at the foul line late, that he had shot only 8 free throws all year up to that point--and suggested that with his body and his size, he should be at the line a lot more. So true. Williams has the perfect body for bullying people in the low post and scoring/getting fouled--put your big butt and big body into the defender's body, clearing space, turn and bank a five-footer off the glass--but he just doesn't have an offensive game. Too bad. And Hopson should be a 20-point scorer, but he'll need more fire and toughness to get there. :hi:

Well said, Brian Williams does have a nice butt. I never really thought about that until you mentioned it.

Friscilla?
I like that modified spelling of Fran's name. Makes him sound even more girly.

If Brian could develop some shooting skills, he would be awesome. He misses a lot of layups, but he did have some tip ins. You are correct. If he could shoot better and plow to the basket, he would draw a lot of fouls. Problem is, his free throw shooting. He did make some clutch FTs last night, but is only shooting about 50%, I believe. At the very least, he might get the opponent in foul trouble and get us to the 1 and 1 fast.

Cam Tatum needs to learn to shoot FTs, too. We are going to lose some games because of poor FTs.

why is it that we cant shoot them for the majority of the game but we've been very good shooting FT's down the stretch? Well i guess i'd rather them shoot them well late in the game as opposed to not at all.

Free throws always make me nervous. We have been shooting well in the clutch but would have bigger leads if we could hit around 70% as a team. Even Tobias makes me nervous at the line now.

Considering we never throw the ball inside it's understandable he doesn't get to the line much.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Im not sure I would want a guy shooting around 58% at the line much late. Maybe he doesnt get fouled by design from Pearl?

VN Store

Back