Friday's games

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
So, who is attending which games on Friday?

Surely we've got some people planning on attending some high school action this weekend.

CAK at Cherokee should be a good game. Its two teams that are polar opposites, Cherokee huge physical and runs the wing T, CAK whos small,fast and runs a mixture of the West Coast and Spread Offense. Both teams will be playing into each others weaknesses, so it should be a great game. CAK should take care of business though

Marshall County at Hickman County. I will let everyone know how Don'ta Hightower looks.

I'll be in the press box at my old stomping grounds at Farragut. I'm helping announce the game over the loud speakers at the stadium.

Can you tell us about either team timbdp?

white house is one of the favorites to win the 3a state title this season
white house returns most starters off last years team
white house has rogers gaines is one of the best linemen in state he is 6'7 360
portland is still rebuliding after losing there head coach to mt juliet last season
portland returns some starters on last years teams that lost to white house 31-14
the score does not show to how much portland was not the in game
this a very big rivalry game for each town you can expect over 5,000 people at the game each year and some times the game can reached up to 10,000 because most of tennessee knows how big of the game it is when these two play but some people think its not big game anymore because there not same region it is still
white house will make the trip to east tennessee and play at alcoa on 9/7

I'm going back to Knoxville for the holiday weekend and will be attending my high school alma mater's game, Karns High vs. Morristown East. Go Beavers!

I will be following my Campbell County Cougars to Powell Friday...Powell is suppose to be down and we are always down....so maaaaybe we can start 2-0....GO COUGS!!!! :rock:

Just got back from Lebanon @ Gallatin. This is going to be a long season for the Green Wave. Lebanon basically just lined up and ran it down our throats all night. They also scored on a blocked punt and were able to burn the Gallatin secondary for a 70 yard td.

Lebanon 24, Gallatin 10

Just getting in from AC-Clinton. Game went as expected. AC wins 23-6. Clinton will probably be 2-8 or 3-7 at best. The Mavs meanwhile will struggle to have a winning record.

just got back from Karns-Morristown East.. actually turned out to be a pretty good game. M'town East wins 13-7. Karns had the ball with less than 3 minutes to go with a chance to win and couldn't put it in the end zone.

CAK dominated 4A Cherokee 42-21. It could have been worse but CAK turned it over on downs twice inside Cherokee's 5 yard line, and they scored two of their TDs against our bench. It was a great win for us over a big school. We need to get ready for Loudon next week.

Hickman beat Marshall Co. 14-6. Marshall Co. missed opporitunities to score with turnovers in the red zone. Hightower wasnt much of a factor in the game and seemed to be playing more to impress the scouts than as a team player.

LaVergne beat up on Hillwood 35-6.

Was 35-0 on the first play after halftime, then the clock ran til the last minute when Hillwood scored on the 2nd team.

My Cougars got drilled by Powell....It was 14-0 game with 8:00 minutes to go...went 3 and out and quit...Lost 35-0...Hey Tennesseefan07 how is everyone liking the Prices down there coaching at AC...wished we could have them at CC...They know football...they are pretty good friends of mine!

I was at the ER-Central game. Phillip Jurick sat directly in front of me. That dude is freaking huge.

VN Store

Back