Friday weigh in thread (suns out guns out challenge 8/30/24)

249 /-4.4 (-16.4 since restarting diet 2 weeks ago)
I started at 257.4 in Feb , now at 198.2.
Which is just under 3 lbs per week.
16 pounds in 2 weeks is extreme and unsafe unless you are under doctors orders. I think 4 pounds and under should be the goal the next month. What are your calories consumed the last two weeks if you do not mind me asking?

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD and volwindy
I pushed hard this week since it was leading up to the 4th and I’ll be doing a little drankin on the boat. I’m really done losing but I’m going to try and get a 1-2 lb buffer since we leave for vacation in 2 weeks. I want to come home at 160.
down 40 lbs since December 1st. Lost 8.5 inches off my waist. I feel incredible. I can’t wait to start bulking a little. Side note, people really get on my effin nerves with the “oh you’re getting too skinny, you need to gain weight.” Own 2 pairs of shorts and 3 shirts that fit appropriately. Good times lol.

I started at 257.4 in Feb , now at 198.2.
Which is just under 3 lbs per week.
16 pounds in 2 weeks is extreme and unsafe unless you are under doctors orders. I think 4 pounds and under should be the goal the next month. What are your calories consumed the last two weeks if you do not mind me asking?
I am being supervised by a weight loss doctor, being prescribed an appetite suppressant called phentermine. I’ll post the diet that I’m on. I’d say it’s close to 1000 calories a day.
27D5E83A-D56E-403A-B6CB-DB8B45EA3761.jpeg

I pushed hard this week since it was leading up to the 4th and I’ll be doing a little drankin on the boat. I’m really done losing but I’m going to try and get a 1-2 lb buffer since we leave for vacation in 2 weeks. I want to come home at 160.
down 40 lbs since December 1st. Lost 8.5 inches off my waist. I feel incredible. I can’t wait to start bulking a little. Side note, people really get on my effin nerves with the “oh you’re getting too skinny, you need to gain weight.” Own 2 pairs of shorts and 3 shirts that fit appropriately. Good times lol.
I weigh about 30 lbs more than you and honestly couldn’t get to 160 if I wanted to. However, it also annoys me when people say to me “hey skinny.” I lift weights and don’t appear frail at all. I guess they were just used to me being fat all of the time, it just annoys me.

I weigh about 30 lbs more than you and honestly couldn’t get to 160 if I wanted to. However, it also annoys me when people say to me “hey skinny.” I lift weights and don’t appear frail at all. I guess they were just used to me being fat all of the time, it just annoys me.
That’s exactly me. I lift heavier now than when I did at 200. I squat nearly twice my body weight. I can do 15 pull ups and nearly 20 dips, 6 months ago I couldn’t do one. I have definitely gotten a lot stronger. People don’t understand that I had to get my BF % in a reasonable area before I could attempt a lean bulk. First time in my life I can actually see the definition of my muscles. People don’t realize that calling someone skinny is just as rude as calling someone fat.

Attachments

• 5B77AFF6-18A6-46FC-A7ED-1FD52A81F4B5.jpeg
    5B77AFF6-18A6-46FC-A7ED-1FD52A81F4B5.jpeg
    462.8 KB · Views: 2
@mad4vols that seems way to lean on calories.
I agree with you. And people need to be careful, there are a lot of scammy weight loss places. But I’m going through Tampa General Hospital which has one of the best programs in the country, it’s a teaching hospital that is connected to The University of South Florida.

I am being supervised by a weight loss doctor, being prescribed an appetite suppressant called phentermine. I’ll post the diet that I’m on. I’d say it’s close to 1000 calories a day.
View attachment 290255

If you don’t mind me asking, was the plan and script for phentermine given due to health concerns? In other words, was this something the doctor told you you needed to do for health reasons, or did you approach this physician asking for help losing weight?

Reactions: SDV and MAD
If you don’t mind me asking, was the plan and script for phentermine given due to health concerns? In other words, was this something the doctor told you you needed to do for health reasons, or did you approach this physician asking for help losing weight?
I had surgery recently and the surgeon wanted me to lose weight before he would do the surgery. So that’s why I went there initially. Now that I’ve had the surgery I still want to lose more weight so now I went back there on my own.

My wife and parents tell me I'm too thin all the time. I think it's the same thing, I weighed like 215 lbs in college (got down to 185 while in Japan) and put a ton back on when I got settled back here (back to 205 or so).

In the last two years I've dipped as far down as 175 doing mainly cardio, but I don't like that "look" so I've been doing a lot more strength training and am sticking in the 185 range.

VN Store

Back