Freemasons

Past Master of Red River Lodge #537 here. We have several younger men joining our Lodge. I am teaching a FC his lecture now. It is a great organization-you get out of it what you put into it.

The journey through the chairs is an experience you’ll never forget.

At my home lodge we are in the middle of a big youth swing with 8 being raised. I recently moved to Sanford, NC so finding another lodge is my first step to getting active again.

The average age of the Masons I know is somewhere in the upper 60s.
Several years ago I checked into a hotel in Florida to be greeted by a lobby full of walkers and canes supporting the annual meeting of Masonic Officers. Not sure whether the guy in the next room had his wife or Hooker in the room with him but he had her moaning for 2 straight hours....if that’s one of the Mason secrets, maybe I should join

Several years ago I checked into a hotel in Florida to be greeted by a lobby full of walkers and canes supporting the annual meeting of Masonic Officers. Not sure whether the guy in the next room had his wife or Hooker in the room with him but he had her moaning for 2 straight hours....if that’s one of the Mason secrets, maybe I should join
x9dUvCu.jpg

Reactions: tbh and Wireless1
I have a ton of Masonic material and literature going back a century or more. It came from a family member who at one time was the head of the Scottish Rite for TN. Much of it is composed with their odd little cipher so I have no idea what it says.

Grandfather was. Grandmother was part of Eastern Star.

Had Grandfather’s bible for many years but gave it to my sister who is more the religious type than I am.

I have reason to believe it wasn’t a woman but a goat....

Reactions: Wireless1
What got you guys interested?

Was it family, the traditions, or just plain ole curiosity?

The journey through the chairs is an experience you’ll never forget.

At my home lodge we are in the middle of a big youth swing with 8 being raised. I recently moved to Sanford, NC so finding another lodge is my first step to getting active again.
You in Sanford? Just down the road a piece. If you play golf, you should seriously play Tobacco Road. One of the best courses and most fun I have had on a golf course in a long time.

The one big event I remember for the Lions Club was that in Maryville, every year they would do the Lions Club horse Show. I got to work the concession stand a bit when I was maybe 10 or 11 years old. Had my first taste of beer and my first kiss there (not at the same time). My dad's bank was always the big sponsor of it and he was one of the organizers of it.

You in Sanford? Just down the road a piece. If you play golf, you should seriously play Tobacco Road. One of the best courses and most fun I have had on a golf course in a long time.

Yes I am moved here for my wifes job and so far its been a great move for us. Ill have to look into that for sure I am not very good but i day or two of golf is better than working anytime. Thank you for the suggestion!

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
The one big event I remember for the Lions Club was that in Maryville, every year they would do the Lions Club horse Show. I got to work the concession stand a bit when I was maybe 10 or 11 years old. Had my first taste of beer and my first kiss there (not at the same time). My dad's bank was always the big sponsor of it and he was one of the organizers of it.

Had my first visit to the shrine temple in Charlotte around the same age. We were there to honor one of my good friends and the FOP before he passed away from cancer.

Learned early on you liked beer that much? lol

Had my first visit to the shrine temple in Charlotte around the same age. We were there to honor one of my good friends and the FOP before he passed away from cancer.

Learned early on you liked beer that much? lol
I did. But now, I pretty much hate beer. It makes me sick to my stomach. Liquor too. The only thing I can drink nowadays without getting sick is Jagermeister.

I did. But now, I pretty much hate beer. It makes me sick to my stomach. Liquor too. The only thing I can drink nowadays without getting sick is Jagermeister.

To be able to stomach Jager and not beer or Liquor is a feat in itself. I dont drink as much as i used to when i was young to many hard lessons learned and to long to recover these days.

To be able to stomach Jager and not beer or Liquor is a feat in itself. I dont drink as much as i used to when i was young to many hard lessons learned and to long to recover these days.
Yeah, I just sip Jager in a little cup. It's kind of like my after dinner drink. It's not like I pound Jager shots all night lol. Maybe 2 shots of Jager fit into my cup and I'll just sip on it for an hour or so.

Yeah, I just sip Jager in a little cup. It's kind of like my after dinner drink. It's not like I pound Jager shots all night lol. Maybe 2 shots of Jager fit into my cup and I'll just sip on it for an hour or so.

Respect to that for sure. That’s all I do anymore is enjoy a beer or two. These young cats provide all the entertainment drag race drinking

Reactions: VolInNorthCack

VN Store

Back