*****Freak's night before the Ole Miss game, admittedly off topic thread

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I'm excited that we aren't playing at noon this week. The atmosphere should be rocking in Neyland at night. This isn't a game many predicted we would win heading into the season, but it would be a huge step for our program.

Who's heading to the game this weekend? How far are you traveling to get here? Any tailgating plans?

For those watching on TV, are you watching at home or out at a restaurant/bar? If you're at home, what's on the menu? Watching with friends and/or family?

What other games are you looking forward to this weekend? Are there any college/pro/high school games that you're particularly interested in? I'll be honest, I've been so focused on this game, I haven't even really paid much attention to the schedule. I see the Braves play on Saturday night during the Tennessee game, so I'll be missing that.

As always, use this thread to talk about anything that's on your mind, Vols football-related or otherwise. Also, don't forget to enter this week's pick contests before noon tomorrow.

WOOOOOOHOOOOO...must be time to pack up the work from home desk and call it a week !!!

Nothing planned this evening (for the first time in a long while), so just kicking back and relaxing.
Probably do a ton of yard / barn / farm cleanup tomorrow while listening as IU hosts Mich St here locally .
Knock off in time to throw a couple of burgers and a few Brats on the grill and watch what should be an electric game in Neyland.

My wife and I will be headed up in the morning from Gallatin. Family get together, 18 of us scattered across sections P, O and Q. Meeting a bunch of friends too. I wasn't too excited about this game earlier in the season; but now I think we have a great shot and expect Neyland to be Loud! We'll be in White tomorrow! Go Vols!

If you're one of those folks who likes to play drinking games like "drink whenever a team scores," a word of advice for tomorrow - don't.

Also, we discussed this in another thread earlier this week but please please please please please please please please Pride of the Southland please play this song tomorrow -

Low key tonight. Saving my voice because I plan to lose it tomorrow. I am sitting in a white section tomorrow and just got back from buying a new white sweatshirt for the game since it will be a little chilly; I've literally got a closet full of orange gear but not much white. The car is already packed and ready for an early morning getaway from Nashville to get to campus in time for the Vol Walk and all the pre-game festivities, including a tail gate. I hope I-40 eastbound is a Big Orange Caravan like it used to be.

Reactions: IndianaVol
I’ll be watching at home alone. My husband has duty so it will just be me and the kids. I’m not sure what I’m making yet or if I will even cook lol. May just order some take out. I’ve been so excited for this game I haven’t paid much attention to who else is playing but will probably check in on the KY/UGA game just to see if the cats can even manage to score 😂

Left Voorhees, NJ, just west of Philly, last night at 7:30 with two of my sons. Got to our hotel in Kingsport at 4 this morning. Doing a little “working from home” today. This is our 4th trip down this year. We’ll be tailgating bright and early tomorrow morning. Right after the game we’re headed to Atlanta for game 2 of the NLCS. Hopefully we’ll be headed there after a big W!

I’ll be watching at home alone. My husband has duty so it will just be me and the kids. I’m not sure what I’m making yet or if I will even cook lol. May just order some take out. I’ve been so excited for this game I haven’t paid much attention to who else is playing but will probably check in on the KY/UGA game just to see if the cats can even manage to score 😂
I have to work right up until game time, so I was thinking about Doordashing Zaxby's or ordering pizza.

I’ve got some nervous anticipation for this game that I haven’t had for a while. I’m hoping for a major arse whupping tomorrow but I’ll settle for a one point win.
I can’t wait to see how loud and obnoxious Neyland is tomorrow night !!

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
If you're one of those folks who likes to play drinking games like "drink whenever a team scores," a word of advice for tomorrow - don't.

Also, we discussed this in another thread earlier this week but please please please please please please please please Pride of the Southland please play this song tomorrow -

I think that would only work if the Jumbotron showed the lyrics.
here they are:
layla song lyrics - Google Search

Vols colors, less one.

168103_main

Reactions: vollygirl

VN Store

Back