**Freak's night before south Alabama game, admittedly off topic thread

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
I can't believe @Notorious B.E.N hasn't picked up the slack here! It should be a give me game, but I'm looking forward to grilling ribeyes, and watching football. First Saturday I'm off in I can't remember, and get to watch my kids swim meet in the morning! Got my chores at home done, and watching football now!

too many Dickel's in...at this point...

I'm glad the game's at 7pm...gotta wait outside Virginia ABC Store in the morning for "Special Releases"...

ALSO known as...Government Run Liquor stores been hoarding the good stuff...and finally making them available....

Limit One Bottle per person...who wants to come sit with me?

1637375237215.png

enjoying some limited Boulevard Brewing Co (Kansas City) special stout releases as i grudgingly prepare to leave STL for home in Sabanloosa after two plus weeks with son, his wife and their 3 children, ages 5, 3, and almost 1
Kansas Citian here. Love Boulevard.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Packing for hiking trip in WV. Gonna be cold as a witches....... well you know. Go Vols!!!

I am having Old Fashion's with Makers Mark. Goes down smooth. For the game tomorrow I plan to watch it with my 84 year old Father-in-Law. He has seen a lot of TN football in his years. I am not sure what we are having for dinner but I suspect we will cook catfish and hush puppies and drink ice tea.

Reactions: nalliszing
Listened to Upperman Bees (putnam co.) play Redbank. No playclock, visitors locker room 100 yds. from field. I know remember why they are called redneck!!
Don't anyone tell Volly I said that.... :)

Kansas Citian here. Love Boulevard.
Have been spending a lot of time in STL the past 20 years. Son introduced me to Tank 7 (draught) more than 10 years ago. Then discovered Bourbon Barrel Quad (my DIL;s go-to brew) the Sixth Glass and Whiskey Barrel Stout. We found ourselves enjoying four of this winter's releases throughout our stay here the past 2 weeks.

Fortunately, we are now able to buy some of the more popular Boulevard offeringse in Alabama. and I keep frig stocked with Missouri and Michigan brews.. Come next spring son and I hope to catch a Royals game and take a Boulevard tour.

Last edited:
Just finished cutting up wings and letting them air dry in the fridge overnight, will smoke half on the grill and of course my wife wants some cooked a different way tomorrow. Looking forward to the basketball game and then football.... what a great day planned watching the Big Orange!

So is Vandy a must win after we get upset tomorrow
blog-blasphemy.jpg

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back