Freak's Friday night before the Auburn game, admittedly off topic thread

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Just rolled in and realized we didn't have an off topic thread tonight. Where the heck is @Notorious B.E.N when you need him? And out of the rest of you, no one stepped up in a time of need? Have none of you heard the phrase next man up? :)

Anyway, let me know in this thread what everyone is up to tonight and tomorrow. Plans for the game? Tailgating? Food menu? Other games you're looking forward to? Etc. Also, anyone on here actually going to the game?

If things get bad at Auburn tomorrow, don't forget that we're only five days away from basketball season!

Go Vols!

Fixed it for you Freak

Pick the Score Contest

Previous Winners
>South Carolina: @Augustus McRae [card sent]
>Missouri: @AllVolinGA [card sent]
>Georgia: @Hunerwadel [card sent]
>Kentucky: @IMALLVOL22 [card sent]
>Alabama: @strongj81 [card sent]
>Arkansas: TBD
>Texas AM: postponed, will redo the contest when it happens. give_him 6 [picked COVID would win]

Rough days around here. I'm gonna grill and watch most likely, but hard to enjoy. Wife is in the hospital with a blood infection (has health issues from lupus and having her bladder removed), and she's pretty sick from that. Then tonight she got her covid-19 results, and that's positive. She's a tad better today, but could use some prayers if any of you would.

*Don't mean to ruin the thread, just could use the prayer

Rough days around here. I'm gonna grill and watch most likely, but hard to enjoy. Wife is in the hospital with a blood infection (has health issues from lupus and having her bladder removed), and she's pretty sick from that. Then tonight she got her covid-19 results, and that's positive. She's a tad better today, but could use some prayers if any of you would.

Absolutely will do, Joe. I'm so sorry to hear you guys are dealing with all of that. Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

Prayers sent

Prayers sent brother

Prayers!

Just rolled in and realized we didn't have an off topic thread tonight. Where the heck is @Notorious B.E.N when you need him? And out of the rest of you, no one stepped up in a time of need? Have none of you heard the phrase next man up? :)

Anyway, let me know in this thread what everyone is up to tonight and tomorrow. Plans for the game? Tailgating? Food menu? Other games you're looking forward to? Etc. Also, anyone on here actually going to the game?

If things get bad at Auburn tomorrow, don't forget that we're only five days away from basketball season!

Go Vols!
I was busy earlier, thought about it but got caught putting a heater together.

Reactions: Freak

🙏🏻

My daughter, a senior in HS, left today for Auburn. She is doing some college visits before making her final decisions. She was in Knoxville last weekend, but will at least get to see the Vols on Saturday. No pressure, but a Big Orange win may help sway her college decision!!!

Dinner consisted of sour apple american ale, pizza, and watching the newest episode of Mando & baby Yoda.

Not too eager for tomorrow. Apathy is higher than I think it has ever been before. Nevertheless, that orange flag will be flying.

Dang bud, sorry to hear that. Praying for her.

Praying for your wife joevol33. I'm just getting over Covid myself. My wife has been quarantined with me and I've been trying to keep my distance for obvious reasons. I'm sure your wife's getting great care, but prayers never hurt. All the best...

@joevol33 Prayers sent up for you and yours brother...speedy recovery !!!

Watched the Mando episode and somehow ended up on an app showing old episodes of Sanford and Son...my goodness, haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Supposed to rain all day tomorrow, so probably catch the IU game, take a nap, eat, and watch the Vols light it up on the plains !!!

VN Store

Back