Freak's Friday before the Super Bowl, admittedly off topic thread

remember Len Dawson...I was a big Chiefs fan back in the day, especially when they played the Raiders...I guess I'll have to go with the Chiefs, but either way I'm good with whomever wins...I was/am a Steelers fan even before the Chiefs or any other team though...

PS. almost forgot...it's my birthday too...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Happy B-Day Roller.

Baseball is almost here.

In the highest scoring Super Bowl ever played...

Kansas City Chiefs 42
San Francisco 49ers 38

Will be watching at home with Crown and Coke and some wings... I was in Vegas last year for the most boring Super Bowl ever played. This one should be much better.

Reactions: sport3500
I am a Falcons fan who is still upset about losing that huge lead to New England in 2016 when Shanahan was the offensive coordinator in that Super Bowl.

Am pulling for Kansas City.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
I don't want the niners to win because then their obnoxious fans will be like we won the most superbowls, blah, blah, blah and we're 6-0 in superbowls.

Reactions: StarRaider
I’d like to see Kansas City take it. Andy Reid has always had good teams and just fell short of the rings he probably rightfully deserved. Jimmy G is ok but Pat Mahommes is different kind of cat and I like that. Qbs like him are changing the basics of the position and therefore changing the game.

I’m pretty torn because I like the way both teams play, but I want to see Andy Reid get a Super Bowl.
Plus here’s 13 year old Andy Reid at the punt, pass and kick competition which is kind of amazing

978A8C8D-AB43-4689-A8F8-1B1C899A5466.jpeg

Reactions: StarRaider
I’d like to see Kansas City take it. Andy Reid has always had good teams and just fell short of the rings he probably rightfully deserved. Jimmy G is ok but Pat Mahommes is different kind of cat and I like that. Qbs like him are changing the basics of the position and therefore changing the game.
I agree with your assessment of Mahommes but these types of players tend not to have the longevity of the more traditional drop backers.

I agree with your assessment of Mahommes but these types of players tend not to have the longevity of the more traditional drop backers.
I agree for the most part. However The quarterback that’s most like Mahomes is Aaron Rodgers and he’s Been starting since 2008. It’s hard to say whether they would last given the fact that I personally only know of them 2 with the kind of skill set in the history of my existence. Maybe you could throw Steve Young into that conversation as well?

Reactions: utchs81
I’m pretty torn because I like the way both teams play, but I want to see Andy Reid get a Super Bowl.
Plus here’s 13 year old Andy Reid at the punt, pass and kick competition which is kind of amazing

View attachment 258077

Holy smokes he was huge! I weighed something like 90 pounds when I was 13.

from wikipedia

In 1971, at age 13, Reid appeared live on Monday Night Football during the Punt, Pass, and Kick competition;[5] he was already so large that he wore the jersey of Les Josephson (6'1", 207 pounds).[6][7]

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Been blessed to see everyone of the Super Bowls and many championship games before they started the Super Bowl....I followed the Chiefs back in the Hank Stram.....Len Dawson...Willie Lanier...Otis Taylor...Buck Buchanan etc days. Back in those days I'd say I was more of a Minnesota Vikings fan....Tomorrow I'll pull for KC.

Stopped going to Super Bowl parties a few years back....Just enjoy staying home on my couch and not around all the people talking where I can't hear the TV.....And at my age I might fall asleep during the game, so I save myself that embarrassment if I'm around a lot of people.;)

So I assume the FOX app is broadcasting the game in 4k?

VN Store

Back