Freak's Friday before the Super Bowl, admittedly off topic thread

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Since things are fairly slow in the football world right now, I thought we could have a thread to discuss the Super Bowl this weekend.

1580485033899.png

Who's watching? Who are you for? Do we have any actual 49ers or Chiefs fans here?

Me, I don't much care for either one of these teams. I'll definitely watch, but I haven't decided who I'm for quite yet. Maybe someone can convince me one way or the other. lol.

As for former Tennessee players, we have Emmanuel Mosely on the 49ers and Dustin Colquitt on the Chiefs.

Also, I want to hear about everyone's plans and all the great Super Bowl Parties out there. Food menu's, etc.

I hear a lot of people buy new TV's for the Super Bowl and I always wonder if that's true. Anyone taking the plunge on a new one?

Grew up hating the 49ers, but after living there as long as I did the hate subsided. But I am still for the Chiefs.

I want to see Andy Reid win one and I am a big fan of Mahomes.

Reactions: FLVOL_79 and Freak
Playing golf (weather permitting) first half of the day, dinner and drinks to immediately follow. Probably watching M*A*S*H or The Rockford Files reruns the rest of the night. I have zero interest in watching this Super Bowl.

How stupid to buy a new TV for one game; unless you really need it, and if you really needed it, you woulda gotten it at Christmas.

Neither are my team, however, I don't dislike either team either (Patriots always gave me someone to root against).

I've actually rooted individually for players on both sides due to my fantasy roster this year so I just want to have a great game.

Gun to the head decision I'd say I'd rather chiefs win for the story value. First for Reid and first for the Chiefs in fifty years.

Am I bad person if I hope Hurd trips running out of the locker room and falls face first on national TV?

I will watch and keep getting reminded that the Bears could have drafted Mahomes and instead got Trubisky. I look for him to light it up on Sunday

I'll be going for the Chiefs, but I'll probably be in bed watching it in pain with kidney stones. Hopefully they pass by then but I doubt it.
I wanba be mean for all the break a leg comments, but I feel your pain😂. Kidney stones suck, hope they pass.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N

VN Store

Back