Freak: Bad redirect ad?

Orange_Crush

I'm Dr. Rosen Rosen
I'm posting this for Freak's attention, but also to ask if anyone else is seeing it?

Starting this morning, I am occasionally getting redirected from the forum to "performdevelopeduberapplication.cxm" (.com domain defanged for safety). It's making false claims about program problems and asking to install software.

Forum: If you're seeing this redirect, do NOT allow the installation it's requesting! It's most likely malicious!

I'm about to do some malware analysis on my own machine to see if it's local to me, but I don't think it is.

Freak, is it possible that you have a malicious ad in the cycle? Threat intel shows that this domain is tied to malicious ad redirects for other forums recently.

I'm posting this for Freak's attention, but also to ask if anyone else is seeing it?

Starting this morning, I am occasionally getting redirected from the forum to "performdevelopeduberapplication.cxm" (.com domain defanged for safety). It's making false claims about program problems and asking to install software.

Forum: If you're seeing this redirect, do NOT allow the installation it's requesting! It's most likely malicious!

I'm about to do some malware analysis on my own machine to see if it's local to me, but I don't think it is.

Freak, is it possible that you have a malicious ad in the cycle? Threat intel shows that this domain is tied to malicious ad redirects for other forums recently.
@Freak

Thanks for bringing to our attention. Moving to the Help forum so it won’t get buried.

I haven’t seen anything but I’ll let you know if I do. What device are you using?

I just wasnt sure if you were on a phone, pc, Mac or tablet.
Sorry. PC today. Not a mobile platform.

The redirect is going to a webpage that vaguely looks like a MS system warning message (if you crossed your eyes and didn't focus. lol) I'd be willing to bet that the redirects would only be happening with MS OS.

Sorry. PC today. Not a mobile platform.

The redirect is going to a webpage that vaguely looks like a MS system warning message (if you crossed your eyes and didn't focus. lol) I'd be willing to bet that the redirects would only be happening with MS OS.
I’ll see if I can replicate it on my pc.

I've spent several hours on the site via PC this afternoon and haven't had any issues thus far. Just FYI.

VN Store

Back