Fran Fraschilla on the Vols

Volfan2432

On his chat on ESPN.com one question was asked. The question was "Do you think Tennessee has the necessary components to be a legitimate Final Four team?"

His answer was
"Yes. They might be playing as good a half-court team defense as anybody right now in college basketball. The chip on his shoulder that Bruce Pearl always carries with him has certainly rubbed off on his team. Scotty Hopson and Cameron Tatum are anchoring the offense and Melvin Goins is one of the best on-ball defenders right now"

I think this is the year we go to the final four

On his chat on ESPN.com one question was asked. The question was "Do you think Tennessee has the necessary components to be a legitimate Final Four team?"

His answer was
"Yes. They might be playing as good a half-court team defense as anybody right now in college basketball. The chip on his shoulder that Bruce Pearl always carries with him has certainly rubbed off on his team. Scotty Hopson and Cameron Tatum are anchoring the offense and Melvin Goins is one of the best on-ball defenders right now"

I think this is the year we go to the final four

i believe there are too many questions to be answered and a whole lot of basketball to be played yet, to say we will go to thec final four. how many of those 8 games in the sec do we win ? how will hopson play all year. how about injuries, team togetherness and other things ? i hope we do go to the final four and yes we have a shot but it's just too early to predict this.

i believe there are too many questions to be answered and a whole lot of basketball to be played yet, to say we will go to thec final four. how many of those 8 games in the sec do we win ? how will hopson play all year. how about injuries, team togetherness and other things ? i hope we do go to the final four and yes we have a shot but it's just too early to predict this.

I think we win 7 and maybe 8 of them. This team has Pearl's back. They know crumball Slive shouldn't have made him sit out 8 games in the SEC. The Vols will use this.

That Kansas shot was worth it itself.

No it wasn't we hadn't lost the game yet. And he was just making up for nearly losing us the lead during his previous play where he was "attempting" to play defense.

It's embarrassing to our program that TV announcer still call him a star ever since the shot vs. Kansas. No one considers him anything close to that - they'll be referencing that shot till he graduates.. but the shot only stopped the Kansas run - didn't win us the game.

McBee is very underrated with his defense. He did a great job vs. Pitt.

I would hope so - because most posters here think he's the worst defender to ever put on a Tennessee uniform. Tyler Summitt plays better defense imo.

McBee is very underrated with his defense. He did a great job vs. Pitt.

:good!:

McBee is only a soph and needs time to mature. Pearl has seen something good in the kid or he wouldn't log the minutes he is getting. Everybody doesn't come in playing excellent ball right off the bat like Harris.

GBO

I would hope so - because most posters here think he's the worst defender to ever put on a Tennessee uniform. Tyler Summitt plays better defense imo.

Apparently you didn't watch him vs. Pitt. Bilas even said that Pitt players figured there would be a big drop off from Goings to McBee, but McBee was very solid.

It's hysterical to read peoples opinions and thoughts about goins in that thread. Wow some people were just way off base with their opinions. This is a perfect example why you do not rush to judgment of a player.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Apparently you didn't watch him vs. Pitt. Bilas even said that Pitt players figured there would be a big drop off from Goings to McBee, but McBee was very solid.

I watched him - he got his ankles broken every time his man had the ball - it would have been down right embarrassing if they hadn't brought the center up every time on his man to seal off his right hand.

McBee gives his all for Tennessee, hustles and plays with heart, that's why he gets PT. He isn't the most skilled player he does some things well and plays to those skills, with all he's got. Bruce loves that and personally I do as well IMO that's what college basketball is all about. Remember Dane Bradshaw, Jordan Howell, Adam Morrison, Tyler Hansborough... the list goes on and on
O yeah, Steven Pearl
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back