Four things I'm waiting to see Game 1.

I'm gonna try and keep from over-analyzing these first few games.

I don't think we'll will find out who and what we are until after we start SEC play

My oops. Trevor Daniel. Not matt Darr.

Good catch, ladies.

1a. Will the concessions have lemonade?

1b. Price of hotdogs.

2. Will I get caught sneaking booze into neyland?

3. What the penalty is for #2.

Reactions: 7 people
App state will force us to throw so I'll need to see Dobbs the receivers and the Line prove they have taken steps forward. All 3 have to, and should, be better than 2015.

I'm most looking forward to Shoop's defense. I don't think it will be too complicated, but I am very excited to see our team speed being used to fly around and attack the ball

1. Shoop's effect on the D

2. Dobbs and the downfield passing game

3. Special teams (always)

4. The women of Appy State thread ("The women of" thread is always a winner, no matter the opponent.)

1. Richmond handle the pass rush
2. Barnett Abuse Appy's T's
3. Hurd break a long run and not be caught
4. McKenzie is unstoppable

Reactions: 1 person
1. Shoop's D
2. Offseason improvement by Dobbs, McKenzie, and P Williams
3. These newcomers we keep hearing about: Kongbo, Byrd, Warrior....

Reactions: 2 people
1. A win.
2. A big fat win.
3. A big fat monstrously impressive crush 'em kind of win.
4. No injuries.

Does everyone feel that CBJ will go vanilla on App State? I think the passing game will be tested, but the ground game will be our meat and potatoes to open up the passing game. On the Defensive side, again, will Shoop show our blitz packages? I just don't think UT will show the whole play book on the first game...........VT will be the real deal. Not looking ahead of App State, but we will see the base packages versus anything else.....jmo.

Go Vols............excited for Thursday.

1. Sacks. The word about Shoop is aggressiveness. With all our talent, we should feast in this game.
2. Turnovers. We have been awful at creating turnovers. I expect that to improve, hope it starts this game.
3. Fast start from DB. If he's going to break the record, he needs to get going in game 1 instead of starting slow. Hope he gets 2 or 3 sacks thursday.
4. The newcomers. Excited about seeing Kongbo, Warrior and others. Especially excited about Byrd and what he adds to the passing game.

Reactions: 2 people
1. Passing game downfield. Hope to see if we can get a big reception from preston williams or another WR that opens the defense.
2. Shoops Defense. I want to see how we dominate all 4 quarters with our depth especially at D-line.
3. Newcomers like Kongbo Warrior and Byrd. I want to see how much time the coaches give them.
4. Finishing the game strong. I want to see if we improved our finishing games this year. It seems like we were a great team for 3 quarters last year, I want to see us do all 4 quarters.

Defense speed and rotation of players

O Line opening massive holes for run game

Tyler Bird catching at least 2 passes over 30 yards each. But we may have to wait a few weeks for that

Preston Williams

1. Win convincingly. No coming out of the gates wobbly. This is App St. Do not play down to the level of the competition.
2. No injuries.
3. Dormandy pitches clean up all 4th quarter.
4. D should shut them out. If they score more than 10, it better be because the 3rd string was in.

From the perspective of an App State fan:

1. Better passing protection than we had last year vs Clemson
Our offensive line got murdered by theirs last year. Our defense played exceptional early on, they just got worn out because we couldn't move the ball at all. We have to give our (really good) QB time to throw in order to make plays.

2. At least one first half touchdown
Scored zero vs Clemson last year

3. Balanced offense
We have one of the best backfields in all of college football. Great QB and three-headed monster at RB, we need to keep the Vols on their heels. Normally the run sets up the pass for us

4. New WR core
We graduated three starting receivers last year. Honestly, the ones that are replacing them have considerably more raw talent than the ones we just lost but it's still gonna be the most some of these guys have ever seen the field. Besides Shaedon Meadors, we really don't know who's gonna step up there

5. More defensive stops early
We have an exceptional defense, I expect Tennessee to struggle moving the ball early before eventually pulling away as we tire out

VN Store

Back