Four things I'm waiting to see #5 (Florida)

Bvols48

Last week - Most talked about A. stopping Gurley, went pretty fair for 3 qtrs. and then...... oh well. B. Special teams play, 39 yard punt return set up Dogs 1st TD changed momentum, punt downed on 1 set up fumble in end zone. C. protect Worley, was out of the game for 16 minutes, REALLY glad he came back. OK past is past on to Gators.

Last years game had to be the worst game I have ever watched two teams play in the 1st half. Second half not much better. Game was there for the taking.

Neyland - Can't wait to see the view of the checked board fans being "Loud and Proud". Needs to be rocking for 60 minutes.

Breaks - Had two fumble recoveries with no points, fumbled twice which led to Dogs 7 points on one and Vols losing 3 to 7 points on the other. Need to take advantage this week.

Offense - Seem to be getting better each week. Hurd with breakout game, WR no drops. As Coach Majors always said "Attack, attack, always attack down field."

Defense - Pressure Driskle, keep up the pressure on their WR's for 60 minutes (after a few Cam Sutton hits they will give up). Second half belonging to the Vols.

Game goes either of two ways, Vols win going away, or Vols win close one in the 4th.

Our Vols 27 - Gators 16.

Feel free to add or adjust.

I think our offense needs to score early and take some pressure off our D early. If our D can play loose and Florida is forced to pass, watch out for the Cam Sutton show.

Reactions: 1 person
Hmmmm .... nope .. I can't think of anything I'd change, you did a fine job. :)

Oh yeah ...

WE GONE WHOOP DEY AZZ! It's gone be a lizzard stompin'. They gone be lizzard laigs all over thuh yard and we gone have BBQ'd gator tail all week!

not to take anything away from sutton, dudes a beast as we all know, but mcneil has been bringing the heat too.

not to take anything away from sutton, dudes a beast as we all know, but mcneil has been bringing the heat too.

McNeil plays with a reckless abandon that sometimes lands a big hit and other times he just completely whiffs.

He's been playing well, much better than last year, but he isn't Ronnie Lott back there.

The key is to have some halfway decent playcalling off of turnovers. We cant have that playing not to lose crap if we get a turnover like last week. Turnover, then running 3 running plays when it is obviously not working is not going to win us games.

McNeil plays with a reckless abandon that sometimes lands a big hit and other times he just completely whiffs.

He's been playing well, much better than last year, but he isn't Ronnie Lott back there.

True, agree on that. He is taking much better angles than last year too.

And to add to that, UT has done a tremendous job against DT-QBs this yr. And driskell hasnt been very accurate this season..

The key is to have some halfway decent playcalling off of turnovers. We cant have that playing not to lose crap if we get a turnover like last week. Turnover, then running 3 running plays when it is obviously not working is not going to win us games.

I agree, we need to put teams away when possible.

Honestly we are better on offense and defense. (They gave up over 600 yards to bama)

One thing florida does have is a fast athletic defense. They are always trying to make a play, often to a fault. They jump routes and do a good job of ripping at the football when a ball carrier is behing held up. (They forced 4 turnovers vs Bama, 3 were fumbles.)

If we get right and don't turn it over we should win. They don't make too many play offensively and rely on Driskel's legs to move the chains and keep you off balance.

Cam should lock up the one good receiver they have, and we should load the box otherwise.

Don't beat yourself, or give Florida free momentum and we should win. As we all know though, crazy things happen when Florida plays UT.

I saw the title "Four things I'm waiting to see #5 (Florida)
", and I thought is he really going to begin with number 5? Lol:loco:

1. No big game changing mistakes. Interceptions and fumbles happen, just don't want any of them to give the gators a score.
2. Croom and North in beast mode.
3. Another 100+ day by Hurd
4. An aggressive and opportunistic D.

Rip up their secondary with our WRs and pound the rock with Hurd late to seal the victory. I think we get the W this Saturday.

1. Same intensity and physicality from the entire team as the past 4 games
2. OL continues to steadily improve
3. Another 100+ yd game for Mr. Hurd
4. our D punishing their O and scoring on turnovers

History shows whoever runs the ball more effectively wins this game every time.

This is true, but the way UT uses the short passing game as almost a backup running game may change the actaul numbers.

If UT can run/short pass UF to death and move the ball, it won't matter how the numbers are categorized.

VN Store

Back