Fortner/Landers wouldn’t “go there” on Holly.

These commentators aren't going to dig deep and go into that. Why would they? They're just there to move the broadcast along in between halftime fluff pieces and games. It's almost like when Ellen interviews someone, she's not getting into something heavy or serious, it's all softball questions and niceties. That's how women's sports commentators perform; nothing too hardball, say nice things about everybody, nothing too controversial, etc.

Andy's been subliminally killing Holly all-tournament if you pay close attention.

Last night after the MO/Kentucky game( The game that followed Tenn/MSST)...They were interviewing the MO HC at the table. Andy Landers said...."And this is Coaching, all of the MO players play within themselves. They don't hurt you. Every once in a while they will make a bad decision, but they don't hurt you"...........I believe that was a direct shot at Holly.

If Holly stays attendance will drop further, and at this point what is the point with her staying. She has had 7 years and one could make a strong case we are going in the wrong direction just about in every phase of our play. Going further down this same path only takes the program to further lows, it doesn't take much watching our team the very basics of basketball have never been stressed or learned under Warlick.

Send this to PF

Reactions: Nute Gunray
Andy Landers rarely ever has anything positive to say about UT lady basketball. Could be that Pat owned him and everyone else in the conference for years.
I don't think he would say anything outlandish anyway, but I do not think he liked Pat or Tennessee basketball. He is the only coach I ever saw Pat purposely try and humiliate. She did it a few times, but most obvious was a beatdown in Knoxville when she had the Meeks. It was clear she was trying to humiliate him that day. I don't know their story, but I always thought he was one of the only SEC or annual opponent coaches that Pat obviously disdained.

The bigger question is : is this a legit issue outside of the world of vol nation . Just because that’s the overwhelming feeling here doesn’t make it true . The only media I have heard acknowledge it is John Adams . Never ever by a media person on air ......

Apparently you haven't listened to Nashville radio. They feel like she's a goner and some seem to acknowledge it's been past time and had to fight back the idea they wanted to see them lose just to get it over with.

Getting a coaching job at UT is like finding the golden ticket.....perform mediocre and hell, they'll give you a contract extension with a big raise then all you have to do is basically show up to the games, under perform, get canned, and sit back and watch the money windfall of the contract buyout. Getting any form of a coaching job at UT is basically the equivalent of hitting the Powerball. Get paid a shitload to do jack ****. Sad part is when Holly gets canned, she'll still be laughing all the way to the bank.....piss poor.

Reactions: teacherdean
A regular poster in recruiting forum wrote this:

This shouldn't suprise anyone but my wifes friend rents a home that Holly Warlick and Holly's mother own off of Northshore. Evidently, Holly knows that when the season ends, she is on her way out.

🤞

The bigger question is : is this a legit issue outside of the world of vol nation . Just because that’s the overwhelming feeling here doesn’t make it true . The only media I have heard acknowledge it is John Adams . Never ever by a media person on air ......

A lot of times it is how announcers talk about the Lady Vol issues, without mentioning Holly's name. Many of them still respect the house that Pat built and deep inside I feel that many want the Lady Vols to get their mojo back. I think many of them are sadden by the fall of the Lady Vols, because lets face it, if not for Pat, the women's game would not be where it is. The big issue is, will Tennessee's administration have the balls to do what it takes to rebuild the program. At this point it needs to start by giving Holly her walking papers and picking a coach who can right the ship.

Reactions: BUBear
A lot of times it is how announcers talk about the Lady Vol issues, without mentioning Holly's name. Many of them still respect the house that Pat built and deep inside I feel that many want the Lady Vols to get their mojo back. I think many of them are sadden by the fall of the Lady Vols, because lets face it, if not for Pat, the women's game would not be where it is. The big issue is, will Tennessee's administration have the balls to do what it takes to rebuild the program. At this point it needs to start by giving Holly her walking papers and picking a coach who can right the ship.

You’re correct. If not for Pat, none of them would have a job. She was such a pioneer in driving the push for televising women’s games.

Y'all are crazy. Hopefully the university PR department learned a thing or two from the football debacle or else this looks like Gruden 2.0 in the making.

You think not? Then just wait until the selection show and see how many times “Tennessee” and “Lady Vols” are mentioned, whether they receive an invitation or not.

It has been a decade since Tennessee has been a legitimate contender for the Final Four, and many (ncluding your guy) have labeled the program “irrelevant.” But I’ll be darned if that irrelevant program doesn’t STILL garner a great dealof attention year after year. It must irritate the heck out of fans of other programs for an unranked, irrelevant team to always still manage to be one of the top stories — one way or another! — every dang year.

I always find myself laughing about it with friends every year as we watch the NCAA Tournament, about how it must chap the rears of Connecticut fans that they can go undefeated and win multiple consecutive national titles, but STILL people want to talk about Tennessee! 😂 It’s the only thing that makes the Lady Vols’ decline even remotely tolerable, that people still talk about them and give the program respect even when they seriously svck. 😂😂😂
Sorry....but Connecticut fans couldn’t care less. The opposite is, however, true. It’s bitter fans like you who try to draw Connecticut into the conversation when there’s no need and it’s irrelevant to do so.

Sorry....but Connecticut fans couldn’t care less. The opposite is, however, true. It’s bitter fans like you who try to draw Connecticut into the conversation when there’s no need and it’s irrelevant to do so.

We can all see how so very little Connecticut fans care about Tennessee by the ongoing threads over on the Boneyard.

But really, I wasn't even talking about Connecticut fans when I made my post, but women's college basketball fans in general. Have you really not noticed how often the painfully irrelevant Lady Vols have come up in conversation/analyses among TV commentators in the past few years? I don't see how you couldn't notice.

But go ahead and pretend if that's what you need to do. You might want to put your TV on mute for the NCAA Tournament, though, 'cause Tennessee is going to be a hot topic with all the people who "couldn't care less."

We can all see how so very little Connecticut fans care about Tennessee by the ongoing threads over on the Boneyard.

But really, I wasn't even talking about Connecticut fans when I made my post, but women's college basketball fans in general. Have you really not noticed how often the painfully irrelevant Lady Vols have come up in conversation/analyses among TV commentators in the past few years? I don't see how you couldn't notice.

But go ahead and pretend if that's what you need to do. You might want to put your TV on mute for the NCAA Tournament, though, 'cause Tennessee is going to be a hot topic with all the people who "couldn't care less."
Sadly, you can be both irrelevant and a hot topic, especially if the topic is how shockingly irrelevant you are becoming.

Of course people who care about women's basketball are talking about the fall of the LVs this season. It's a big story with an emotional set of circumstances. But don't worry, if we stay on the current trajectory we won't be worth a mention anymore soon enough. Folks do move on.

No doubt some rival fans are enjoying our misery, we beat alot of people repeatedly for a very long time. Sports fans always love to see the mighty fall, exactly the way we'd enjoy the heck out of it if it was happening to someone else (Connecticut).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1reVOLver
Sadly, you can be both irrelevant and a hot topic, especially if the topic is how shockingly irrelevant you are becoming.

Of course people who care about women's basketball are talking about the fall of the LVs this season. It's a big story with an emotional set of circumstances. But don't worry, if we stay on the current trajectory we won't be worth a mention anymore soon enough. Folks do move on.

No doubt some rival fans are enjoying our misery, we beat alot of people repeatedly for a very long time. Sports fans always love to see the mighty fall, exactly the way we'd enjoy the heck out of it if it was happening to someone else (Connecticut).
I also think part of it is that there's not much to talk about with WCBB. When UConn had their winning streak, that was the only thing to talk about. This year, they show Arike's game winner more than they show current game highlights. Frankly, Tennessee's decline is probably the most interesting thing going on in WCBB right now, and that probably not a good thing...for Tennessee OR WCBB.

I also think part of it is that there's not much to talk about with WCBB. When UConn had their winning streak, that was the only thing to talk about. This year, they show Arike's game winner more than they show current game highlights. Frankly, Tennessee's decline is probably the most interesting thing going on in WCBB right now, and that probably not a good thing...for Tennessee OR WCBB.
Yes and the sad thing is Holly could be given another year and the decline will probably continue depending on transfers.

Sorry if I misquoted you but somehow when you state

SS

VN Store

Back