Former Vols - Josh Dobbs update

What a Class Guy!!! Don't think we realized at the time how Lucky TN was to have him here!!!

Butch should give him 2/3rds of his buyout!!!

Speak for yourself. If anybody couldn’t see how special JD was while he was here, then shame on them.

They don’t give those engineering degrees away and he was a great player who carried an abysmal coach. Plus, his character and community service were impeccable.

The absolute, total package and model student-athlete.

JD is a unicorn--he's just one of those people that project positivity and I think people just gravitate towards him. His humbleness is such an inspiration and his parents must be so proud. Great article--thanks for posting.

Pittsburgh is going to have open competition for the 2nd string QB in training camp.
Should Dobbs lose out to Rudolph, I am concerned Steelers will cut Dobbs

When JDs mom would speak in public, you saw where that young man was developed. Great kid, great family. VFL. Wish we had given him a better coach.

Reactions: sccshortstop
If Dobbs is cut, it will not affect him at all.He after all has a degree in Aerospace engineering. UT-Neyland Stadium.jpgAstro touched all the bases with his scholarship!!

Reactions: coffeecountyvol
If not for Dobbs, Butch wouldn’t have gotten UT to any bowl games.

Josh Dobbs is a fabulous, fine young man and very smart.

He also happens to play footVol and we were lucky to have him and I'm thankful for that.

He's been doing great things like this since he hit K town and he keeps on no matter where he is.

I hope he keeps playing better and better and ends up as a starter in the NFL.

May God bless him and keep him safe.

VFL...GBO!!!

Since there are so many outstanding players who bring more than just football accomplishments to UT history, I thought many would enjoy this article on Josh and his efforts in the community. [Originally shared on nfl.com]

Bringing 'a warm feeling' with him
Man, if that doesn't bring some tears to your eyes, you're just cold-blooded. Thanks for sharing!

VN Store

Back