Former Vol Julio Borbon Called Up By Texas Rangers

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Former Tennessee baseball All-America performer Julio Borbon was called up to the Major Leagues by the Texas Rangers Monday. A standout centerfielder for the Volunteers from 2005-07, Borbon was drafted 35th overall by the Rangers in the 2007 MLB Draft and has been starring this summer for the Class AAA Oklahoma City Redhawks of the Pacific Coast League.

More...

Discuss. :)

He is a good kid and grew up with alot of my brother-n-law's friends in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. He always goes back in the off season and never forgets where he came from which is good. I wish him luck! Funny, but I just saw some of his high school pics the other day on my friends facebook page. I was tell my friend Guaroa "who is one of Julio's best friends" that I was a big Tennessee Fan and that Julio had went to school there for college. Go Vols! :dance2:

Julio just got his first hit, RBI, and run tonight in his first AB of that game. He came in as a pinch hitter and drove one up the middle. Then took second on the throw. Great hustle!

I love Julio!

That single and the base running by Julio last night was something. You could tell that the 1st base coach was like omg, he just ran through my stop sign. Too bad he doesn't play for my favorite team.

VN Store

Back