Former Vol Dale Carter barely remembers playing football

BornonRockyTop

I was always a huge fan of his growing up and he had some awesome years for the Chiefs in the NFL but in this interview he seems pretty dire.

He comes on at the 8 minute mark and, according to this hosts, this is his first interview since retiring from football in 2005.

https://youtu.be/fRVEx7aCzEQ?t=483

I was always a huge fan of his growing up and he had some awesome years for the Chiefs in the NFL but in this interview he seems pretty dire.

He comes on at the 8 minute mark and, according to this hosts, this is his first interview since retiring from football in 2005.

https://youtu.be/fRVEx7aCzEQ?t=483

Dang....in 1990, his kickoff return to open the second half against Gators was awesome! Vols won that one 45-3.

We b bad 2 da bone!

Reactions: 6 people
Sounds like Dale Carter has moved on from being a football player since he retired in 2005. He said he was living in Georgia with his daughter spending time with her. I can see how he might think other things are more important in life now than football.

Reactions: 2 people
How, exactly, does he sound "dire"? All he said is that he doesn't watch tons of football since he retired. When you retire from your job as a plumber, do you want to spent your time watching someone unclog toilets?

There was nothing AT ALL sad or out of place in this interview. Quit trying to manufacture problems that don't exist.

Reactions: 31 people
Sounds to me like Dale survived the many years of hard knocks as a Vol and a Chief just fine. Works with intercity kids, spends time with his daughter. That's OK by me.

Reactions: 5 people
I remember him and Carl Pickens were defensive and offensive NFL Rookies of the Year the same year. Back in the glory days of Tennessee Football

Reactions: 7 people
How, exactly, does he sound "dire"? All he said is that he doesn't watch tons of football since he retired. When you retire from your job as a plumber, do you want to spent your time watching someone unclog toilets?

There was nothing AT ALL sad or out of place in this interview. Quit trying to manufacture problems that don't exist.

Doctors don't watch doctor shows, Lawyers don't watch lawyer shows and Vets don't watch veterinary shows.

.....as a general rule.

I'm not sure about Football Players, maybe a bit different.

With a history of substance abuse, domestic violence, bankruptcy etc its not out of this world to assume that there is a reason that he is far removed from football that do not include just taking care of his daughter.

I remember CJM saying Carter was someone you wouldn't wan to meet in a dark alley. Always thought that was an odd comment to make about one of your players.

Hell, I wonder if the OP even listened to the interview. DC sounded just fine but has moved on from football. Nothing "dire" or dramatic to make of it.

One thing I remember about him was he would knock the piss out of you.

I remember CJM saying Carter was someone you wouldn't wan to meet in a dark alley. Always thought that was an odd comment to make about one of your players.

Pretty sure majors said much worse about him. Maybe even at halftime one game

I thought the thread was about him having such severe brain damage from football that he couldn't remember much about playing.

Reactions: 3 people
GREAT! player for the Vols and in the pros! One of the most exciting players to ever wear the orange! Great interview. Glad to hear that he is so settled in life now. So many guys never adjust to life after football, but obviously he has and good for him!

Reactions: Ryan Rocky Top
With a history of substance abuse, domestic violence, bankruptcy etc its not out of this world to assume that there is a reason that he is far removed from football that do not include just taking care of his daughter.

And this would be the problem with your whole statement.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back