Former UT LB Steve Poole passes away

They called him "Sess Poole". A great nickname and a.good.andfunny.guy.Honored.to.have known him and sorry for the loss.of.life.

I found out because my mom and his sister were childhood friends. His sister announced it on Facebook. RIP

I hate to hear of Steve's passing. I grew up with and graduated with his youngest sister and the whole family was good folks.

Last edited:
Reactions: badkarma
From Lakeview High in Ga I believe. He was a yr or two ahead of me in high school.

From Lakeview High in Ga I believe. He was a yr or two ahead of me in high school.

Yes, and Rick Honeycutt was the QB on his HS football team. He also went to UT as a baseball player as well as the late Jay Bass who also went on a football schollie but never played due to a heart defect they found in camp.

Reactions: wmcovol
I pray that you and Andy are now together with God, my friend and teammate. You were special; Sess and Meathead with Harleys parked in your room at Gibbs. Always with me.
It's hard to lose a teammate and a friend. Been there, done that. Prayers!

Yes, and Rick Honeycutt was the QB on his HS football team. He also went to UT as a baseball player as well as the late Jay Bass who also went on a football schollie but never played due to a heart defect they found in camp.

I played baseball with Rick Honeycutt in the Tri-State amateur baseball league, Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia.
At one time, the league included many ex pro’s and current college players of the day.
I have allot of fond memories playing baseball in the Old “Engle Stadium” in Chattanooga

Reactions: Visiting Dawg
It’s dismaying to learn of the passing of a Vol who matriculated with me. Peace be upon you, Steve.

VN Store

Back