Former Bulldog Aaron Murray on Jeremy Pruitt

Yes because Murray knows all about being a coach......funny thing is he was singing praises about Kirby Smart before he ever coached his first game so why does Pruitt have to “prove his worth” being a first time HC and Stubby in Athens was already the greatest? It’s UT hate at its finest, that guy is an idiot.

Just saw this after multiple pages written on the thread...What the heck does Aaron Murray know about being a head coach....or what the heck does he know about CJP? Nothing...just as you said UT hate. UT could have the NE Patriots roster and georgia alums like him and pollack are going to spin it. What I would'nt give to hear a Marcus Spears or a Dari Noka call em on it and point out they just hatin, no grounds for their statements.

Reactions: 2 people
All the things he mentioned, mostly legit concerns, can be mitigated by two words. Phillip Fulmer

What other school has an AD who is a former National Champion and who is as invested in the football program( even though he can’t really come out and say it although he’s hinted around) holds the football program to a higher standard and is willing to put more time and energy into football more than any other sport ( sorry public relations) than our guy?

Reactions: 1 person
Doesn't have a lot of talent? Wrong.

If you look at the average star ratings for our starting offense and defense, I would say that there will only be 3 or 4 teams on our schedule that will be more "talented."

You could say that they were not coached correctly and that would be fair. But to say that Tennessee doesn't have a lot of talent is just pure ignorance on his part.

Well the talent that you speak of hasn't played up to their level and that lies on SOMEBODY. Butch and crew most likely. Right now nobody is on the talent level that UGA and Bama are presently. It's the sad truth, we're all playing catch up.

Last edited:
Yeah 2007 was completely horrible. Lol. You make it sound like Fulmer fell off a coaching cliff. He didnt. Yeah 2008 was rough. But Hamilton screwed up big time by pushing him out. You can say it was time for him to go all you want but you would be wrong.

You mean when his OC left after the 07 season to be the HC of Duke and it became clear in 08 who was really putting in the coaching work that earned those wins.

He does not sound like a good leader of men.

The stats on the wiki page did not show wins and loses by year. Unimportant stat for this guy.

I know we all put on the OR glasses around here. And I appreciate that. Plus, I hope Aaron Murray is dead wrong about this.

But, that being said. It's refreshing and at least a little bit interesting to hear someone (in the know at least a little) who will tell the truth about how they actually feel. Overall AM is 100% correct conceptually about head coaching. Plus, it's actually the #1 concern about Pruitt. Zero HC experience. Now, Murray may be as dead wrong as can be about Jeremy. But, there's no way to explicitly say he's wrong.

Only 3 or 4 years will tell. By then we'll have been through so much pain or so much euphoria, that nobody will remember Aaron Murray's statements. He'll be as forgotten as a clipboard holding QB.

Bulletin board material... I'm pissed too, and that should register with the team in some positive manner.

Yep, if we get a shot at KC then our defense will meet Aaron Murray across the middle ... of the bench. :birgits_giggle:

Bulletin board material... I'm pissed too, and that should register with the team in some positive manner.

We're gonna need that unique crane to come back to Knoxville to erect a bulletin board massive enough to hold all this gold material. It just keeps on coming when your team is cellar dwelling.

I would be more apt to take his opinion seriously had he played for Pruitt, but the fact that he didn't makes his opinion a bit comical.

This whole sentiment really comes from when Pruitt showed up drunk at Richt's house on a Sunday morning after a game aka after closing time on Saturday night and cussed him out. The UGA athletic admin and big time boosters had a lets just say...less than favorable view of him. I hope for yalls sake he learned from his mistakes. (oh don't forget the whole sleeping with college co-eds at FSU too).

This whole sentiment really comes from when Pruitt showed up drunk at Richt's house on a Sunday morning after a game aka after closing time on Saturday night and cussed him out. The UGA athletic admin and big time boosters had a lets just say...less than favorable view of him. I hope for yalls sake he learned from his mistakes. (oh don't forget the whole sleeping with college co-eds at FSU too).

FSU doesn't mind. Their coeds take care of everybody.

Reactions: 3 people
So Murray is out of football now ? And Bray is still in ?

Do you really think bray was a better college quarterback than Murray? Stafford has been in the league longer than Tebow, but I’d still take Tebow all day. As for the comments, probably just sour grapes from Pruitt’s fallout with richt. I personally think Pruitt will do well.

With all respect to the man, Fulmer still thought he was up to it in 2008. Remember, "we didn't forget how to coach"? His opinions are not infallible.

Fulmer's big mistake in 2008 was hiring Clawson to be OC. While Clawson's offensive scheme wasn't necessarily bad, it was very complex, from what I understand much more so than Cutcliff's, and typically would take teams 2 or 3 years to really understand it. That clearly showed with the terrible offensive performance that year. This is OK for a poor team that hasn't won much in past years since you can give them a little time to build, but UT was a team with a winning tradition. Except for the bad year in 2005 (5-6), they had won at least 8 games every year since 1989. I think at that point Fulmer should have been given another year to try to straighten things out, but that is history. Of course then AD Hamilton had a long history of bad personnel decisions, arguably one of the worst UT ADs ever, which has led to where we are now (and then they hire his protege Currie, unbelievable). At any rate, Fulmer is a true Orange Vol, and I believe he will make his best effort to get the Vols back where they belong. Can't say I thought that about the last 2 ADs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Well in my opinion, if what Murray says is true at any extent, then I believe we have the right AD in here to pick up any slack. Fulmer is really good at all of that "other stuff".

This this this!

It’s not just Pruitt. It’s the Pruitt/Fulmer combination that gives this program such high potential.

VN Store

Back