Former A.D. & HC Doug Dickey has a word about

I respect the coach. And I think the playoff will expand after the first contact is over in 2026. But that isn't going to help Tennessee in recruiting. We can get recruits right now because of the ability for them to start immediately. Eventually, we have to get better talent by showing them we can win.

Right now there are 34 bowl games for the FBS division in college football. Which means 68 teams are making a college football postseason appearance. Why not just have a 32 team playoff using home field advantage for the higher seeds thru the first 3 rounds?

Look man, you have to coach up what you have. Win the games you're supposed to win and show some progress. If you do those things the kids that want to be a Volunteer will come.

I agree the playoff needs to have more teams, it is to political with just four teams, it's all about money anyway. Give some of the good one loss teams a chance, the cream will rise to the top.

Reactions: amorange
I'm still raw about Doug Dickey screwing us for Florida and the way he handled it. That said he was good at what he did when was employed at UT. I've been able to adjust up to this level.

This is nonsense. GA and North Fl are the most football-rich areas of the country for talent. Their high school programs are all top notch. Richt always had talented players. Has nothing to do with the playoffs.

Right now there are 34 bowl games for the FBS division in college football. Which means 68 teams are making a college football postseason appearance. Why not just have a 32 team playoff using home field advantage for the higher seeds thru the first 3 rounds?
That would add 5 more weeks to the season.

And this guy was our best AD?

Yikes

You're dang right he was UT"s best Athletic Director! From how he rebuilt the football program as a coach, he may have been our best coach (since Neyland). This man had the respect of all of the coaches and players in the UT Athletic Dept and more importantly he had the respect of the SEC and NCAA. UT's athletic dept would never have sunk to the depths it has if he had been on the job.

the old days were better when writers and coaches voted who was the best team after all the bowls. Alabama won a title in 72 even after losing their bowl game to notre dame.

VN Store

Back