Former 5-star WR and USC transfer heading to Tennessee.

Didn't live up to the hype at USC, but is the best player at Tennessee. Makes sense
Velus Jones was arguably our best player on the team last year.
Did nothing on offense at USC. Just got drafted 3rd round to the Bears.

So yeah...it's entirely possible and not farfetched at all.

So because one kid from USC did good (2 if you count Malik from a few years ago), it's gonna happen again? Again, not taking away from the kid, but let's hold off on the praising

Hooker got him the ball no?
Tillman was trash I guess.

I'd say we have plenty of talented kids on the roster.

Not saying he isn't good, or won't "live up to the hype" here, but let's not anoint the kid.
I wouldn’t qualify anything from this board as anointment. 😏

Reactions: Orange_Crush
I wouldn’t qualify anything from this board as anointment. 😏
You never know around here lol

Look, I hope he tears it up here. I just don't want to have over eager expectations (though if he can live up to the billing with Hooker as his QB...)

Hooker got him the ball no?
Tillman was trash I guess.
No Hooker did not get him the ball on returns in which he was best in the conference.
He also compiled those receiving stats with Tillman and deep threat Payton catching passes.

Nobody's anointing anybody. You however seemed determined to put the kid in the trash bin before he takes a snap for the Vols!

The fact that you even brought up Tillman and called him trash in argument to Jones's impact shows how irrational you are in general. Actually, no. It's just stupid. They both complied stats because they took pressure of each other.

Last edited:
Just to reference his potential.
Bru is ranked in the Top 10 of ALL-TIME in Texas (longhorns) recruiting history.
Thats damn impressive.

Ranked higher than Cedric Benson, Roy Williams, Justin Blaylock, Malik Jefferson, Malcom Brown.

This offense makes things easy for a WR. With a veteran QB returning that is tops in efficiency, and a beast like Tillman returning on the other side, don't be surprised for his potential to become production sooner rather than later.

No Hooker did not get him the ball on returns in which he was best in the conference.
He also compiled those receiving stats with Tillman and deep threat Payton catching passes.

Nobody's anointing anybody. You however seemed determined to put the kid in the trash bin before he takes a snap for the Vols!

The fact that you even brought up Tillman and called him trash in argument to Jones's impact shows how irrational you are in general. Actually, no. It's just stupid. They both complied stats because they took pressure of each other.

I guess I need to use blue font for you...

Just to reference his potential.
Bru is ranked in the Top 10 of ALL-TIME in Texas (longhorns) recruiting history.
Thats damn impressive.

Ranked higher than Cedric Benson, Roy Williams, Justin Blaylock, Malik Jefferson, Malcom Brown.

This offense makes things easy for a WR. With a veteran QB returning that is tops in efficiency, and a beast like Tillman returning on the other side, don't be surprised for his potential to become production sooner rather than later.
Bryce Brown
James Banks
Daniel Brooks (RIP)

Never said he won't be good, just to temper expectations.

1. Last college football offseason, B/R college football writer Brad Shepard put together his list of the 10 biggest recruiting busts of the last 20 years.
    That original article is worth a read, and here's the list of 10 he settled on:
    • 1. RB Bryce Brown, Tennessee

Last edited:
I believe McCoy is going to be an extremely valuable weapon this season. CJH uses the quick WR perimter screen to set up just about everything we do on offense, including the pace.....

McCoy is going to demolish small CB's blocking for whoever catches the screen. Teams will probably counter by placing a safety him. At 225, he shouldn't have any problems with safeties either.

He's going to be a problem on those quick passes to the outside.

Almost guaranteed to break the first tackle.

Then we have all those speed WRs playing inside that can run wheels, seems, flag-post and never have to worry about the CB under cuttting them.

I like this team.
Ala Robert Meachem in 06

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Yes, one of the best UT games I ever watched.
Inky Johnson interception in that game always a good memory.
Hardesty with that great TD run was an exciting play.
I was at this one as a student and it was one of those games that sticks with you. The moment I got into Neyland that afternoon it felt different . Everyone in the place was ready to go.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Underachieved for sure, like so many of our teams of the era.
I think we had some bad luck with Ainge going down when he did with that ankle. One of the dumbest calls Cut ever made was calling that QB draw…With Erik Ainge. I repeat with Erik Ainge.

We had Florida beat. If Ainge is healthy versus LSU I think we win. I think the mindset is completely different going into that Arkansas game if we beat LSU and Ainge was playing. Not saying we win, but the mindset of the team is completely different for that game.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back