Forget us, what about Tommy?

bignewt

The Scoffer Kid
Lab Rat
Do you guys really think Tuberville is going to lose 2 home games in a row? Wouldn't the fans just crap a brick if that happened? I would love to see some miraculous victory but there is no way he will let that happen, especially against such an inferior coach. I expect Auburn to come out mad and tough, I think we will come out mad. Doesn't take much to figure out the result of that one.

this is the type of game Tubbs has historically lost and Fulmer has historically won, regardless of what conventional wisdome says.

i for one won't be surprised one bit if TN wins a close one.

I think the Vols win this one. Somewhere around 20-17, as Jake said Fulmer has always found a way to win these types of games.

that might be correct, this would be considered a bad loss for Auburn and Tubbs.

oh well. sucks for him.

yeah I think the vols can win this one. an extremely close one but a W none the less.
with both teams struggling on offense it will likely be a low scoring game.

yeah I think the vols can win this one. an extremely close one but a W none the less.
with both teams struggling on offense it will likely be a low scoring game.

The only difference is their defense is more solid and they have not struggled on offense to the extent we have.

Could we beat Auburn? Yes. Do I think it is likely? Hell no. This team is giving me no reason to believe in it right now.

The only difference is their defense is more solid and they have not struggled on offense to the extent we have.

Could we beat Auburn? Yes. Do I think it is likely? Hell no. This team is giving me no reason to believe in it right now.
Not to much this team does well currently. Not much room for optimism.

there is no legitimate football reason i can present as to why we should beat Auburn Saturday.

it's purely based on the situation and history of how CPF and his teams react to adversity, and how Tubbs and Auburn will lay eggs at home to teams they probably shouldn't.

You guys really think the vols stand a chance?

INSANE

I hope you are right though. If we win, I will definitely go to the UGA game. I don't want to try to sell my 12 tickets this late.

im going to UGA game regardless, already bought my plane ticket. :mad: im kinda pulling for them to beat bama this week though so we can at least have a microscopic chance at spoiler oct. 11!

Exactly! What has this team done to warrant any type of belief in us winning. Our oline cant block, our runningbacks fumble every possession, our QB plays like hes in middle school, and we have the worst coach in football. Now I hope we win with every fiber in my body but we are not going to beat Auburn. We will get outplayed and out coached.

I think the Vols win this one. Somewhere around 20-17, as Jake said Fulmer has always found a way to win these types of games.

That's what everybody was saying about last weeks game. Don't mean to be negative but i just don't see UT winning this game.

That's what everybody was saying about last weeks game. Don't mean to be negative but i just don't see UT winning this game.
not really.....i mean that sentiment was there, but i think after the first two games, a lot of peoples optimism about the Florida game, self included, went out the window. my sense was there was a lot of trepidation regarding the FL game.

the only thing im sure of is that someone is gonna have a couple touchdown lead EARLY. we have become a team that either plays great early or it gets outta control on us. Auburn has always given us a tough time including beating us up twice in 04. both games they jumped out to big leads and we were forced to abandon the run and play catch up. we have to run the ball better than we have to this point. im just hopin we have a chance to win at the end. go vols.

that is a great avatar.:eek:lol:

Thanks. One of my favorite movies.

I actually see this one one being very similar to the last game ya'll played in Auburn in 2003. I have no idea who will be on which side but I actually see 28 - 21 type of ball game.

Our young secondary is going to give up some big plays I suspect.

Thanks. One of my favorite movies.

I actually see this one one being very similar to the last game ya'll played in Auburn in 2003. I have no idea who will be on which side but I actually see 28 - 21 type of ball game.

Our young secondary is going to give up some big plays I suspect.
you get pressure with your front, it won't matter. the only thing we've proven at the qb spot so far is that he will make enough mistakes to keep any team in the game.

why in the hell did this get moved out of the Tennessee Vols forum? Its about the TENNESSEE GAME!

The last time au played ut in 2004 we put up
599 yards of offense so beware ut fans
auburn is due to have a big game should of beat lsu we will beat ut

35-6 maybe ut will score 2 field goals

The last time au played ut in 2004 we put up
599 yards of offense so beware ut fans
auburn is due to have a big game should of beat lsu we will beat ut

35-6 maybe ut will score 2 field goals

Im not saying that you won't win, but what is world does a game in 2004 have to do with 2008?...

VN Store

Back