Forbes names Saban most powerful coach

CubsFanTN

For I Am A Rain Dog, Too
The new issue of Forbes magazine features Alabama coach Nick Saban on the front cover, naming him as the most influential coach in all of sports. Besides drawing record crowds to watch his mediocre football team scrimmage each other, what sets him above other college mainstays such as Pete Carroll and Urban Meyer, or even hoops coaches like Coach K. and Bruce Pearl? Who do you think deserves the title of most influential coach of 2008?

GIVE ME A BREAK! Sometimes I still get amazed! :eek:hmy:
Maybe Forbes missed the opportunity to honor CPF after the 2005 Season?:rock:

The new issue of Forbes magazine features Alabama coach Nick Saban on the front cover, naming him as the most influential coach in all of sports. Besides drawing record crowds to watch his mediocre football team scrimmage each other, what sets him above other college mainstays such as Pete Carroll and Urban Meyer, or even hoops coaches like Coach K. and Bruce Pearl? Who do you think deserves the title of most influential coach of 2008?
Bruce Pearl isn't even the most powerful college basketball coach in the state of Tennessee.

By the way, I didn't mean to imply that Coach Pearl is more important or powerful than Saban, I just think that the term "most powerful coach in sports" lends itself to a certain amount of discussion. If Forbes' definition of powerful stems only from the amount of money one has in their wallet (and I'm sure it does), then yes, I'm sure Saban is the leading candidate. Several years from now this discussion will probably be moot anyways, because Saban will be rich AND successful.

It means he has more control , Bama is desperate to be relevent again and will do anything to get there. i hope we beat em like a drum.

VN Store

Back