For those thinking that UGA offense isn't that good........

DickeyD

see below:
stolen from a Ga site

Jake RoweSTAFF
Posted on 19 hrs, , User Since 155 months ago, User Post Count: 84743
  • 19 hrs
  • 155 months
Just a few tidbits here that I found interesting...
***Right now, UGA is averaging 10 yards per pass attempt, on the nose. That leads the league and right now UGA is one of six offenses in the past four years to average double-digit yards per attempt.
2018 Alabama, 2019 Alabama and LSU, and 2020 Alabama and Ole Miss are the other ones.

***With 36 pass plays of 20 yards or more, UGA ranks No. 4 in the SEC. But UGA has done that with 216 pass attempts (fewest in the SEC). BTW, only 23 pass attempts for Georgia in the fourth quarter through 9 games. That's lowest in the SEC by 26 attempts.

Ok, so back to 20+ yard plays per pass attempt.

UGA is averaging a 20+ yard play every 6 attempts.

Alabama is averaging a 20+ yard play every 7.6 attempts

2020 Alabama averaged a 20+ yard play every 5.9 attempts

2019 LSU averaged a 20+ yard play every 6.4 attempts

***UGA is also third in the SEC in pass plays of 30+ yards with 17. Tennessee is No. 1 with 20 and Ole Miss is No. 2 with 18.

Reactions: OptimisticFan
Lol. Who said UGAs offense isn’t any good? Just because they not put up 30 again but UK? People need to remember, UGA has been without their top 3 WRs for most of the season. That would be like us being without Payton, Jones and Tillman.

UGA is #1 because of a really good offense and a possible historic defense.

Anyone who thinks UGA's offense isn't excellent is daft. UGA looks to me to be the best team in the country and is uniformly excellent but led by its defense.

Nevertheless, UT has played well this year for the most part. UT took down a UGA squad that was likely the best team in the country in 2007 at home. I am skeptical we can duplicate that magic, but maybe, just maybe, we can.

It's going to be extremely tough on our Dline to hold up on the run and get pressure on their QB. I hope we bring the corner blitz, a lot. Little Bennett is shifty but we need to contain him and force 3rd and longs.

It's going to be extremely tough on our Dline to hold up on the run and get pressure on their QB. I hope we bring the corner blitz, a lot. Little Bennett is shifty but we need to contain him and force 3rd and longs.
We need +5 turnovers. Score on every one em. A small lead with 3 minutes left to make Kirby have to actually coach. Winner

Reactions: DickeyD
Dang! It sounds like a UGA man posting about their offense. No one has said anything about Georgia’s offense being any good, that I’ve read anywhere. 🤔

Lol. Who said UGAs offense isn’t any good? Just because they not put up 30 again but UK? People need to remember, UGA has been without their top 3 WRs for most of the season. That would be like us being without Payton, Jones and Tillman.

UGA is #1 because of a really good offense and a possible historic defense.

To me they are utilizing the classic strategy of if their defense dominates, the offense will follow. Their offense may not be flashy but they'll score because of the opportunities and dominance by their defense.

Dang! It sounds like a UGA man posting about their offense. No one has said anything about Georgia’s offense being any good, that I’ve read anywhere. 🤔
LOL, I'm really trying to figure out why there are no posts on the board other than our offense vs their defense. Nothing about how best to stop their offense. no defensive game plans, thoughts, matchups, etc....

How do we go about stopping their run game? How about stopping their passing game? Hell, special teams, anyone?

see below:
stolen from a Ga site

Jake RoweSTAFF
Posted on 19 hrs, , User Since 155 months ago, User Post Count: 84743
  • 19 hrs
  • 155 months
Just a few tidbits here that I found interesting...
***Right now, UGA is averaging 10 yards per pass attempt, on the nose. That leads the league and right now UGA is one of six offenses in the past four years to average double-digit yards per attempt.
2018 Alabama, 2019 Alabama and LSU, and 2020 Alabama and Ole Miss are the other ones.

***With 36 pass plays of 20 yards or more, UGA ranks No. 4 in the SEC. But UGA has done that with 216 pass attempts (fewest in the SEC). BTW, only 23 pass attempts for Georgia in the fourth quarter through 9 games. That's lowest in the SEC by 26 attempts.

Ok, so back to 20+ yard plays per pass attempt.

UGA is averaging a 20+ yard play every 6 attempts.

Alabama is averaging a 20+ yard play every 7.6 attempts

2020 Alabama averaged a 20+ yard play every 5.9 attempts

2019 LSU averaged a 20+ yard play every 6.4 attempts

***UGA is also third in the SEC in pass plays of 30+ yards with 17. Tennessee is No. 1 with 20 and Ole Miss is No. 2 with 18.
No one cares. UGA is a better team talent wise and depth but UT will have a shot. Either way UGa will not win the NC as usual

Reactions: VOLED
Breaking news....UGA is good.

Minus the mustard bottles, I have been pleasantly surprised at UT fans this year for the most part being more reasonable about expectations. If any of us have tried to say that UGA's offense isn't good, they're dumb. Does that mean they can't have a bad day, make mistakes and have an opportunistic defense make them pay for it? Not at all, you play the games on the field and not on a stat sheet.

If you look at UGA's opponents to this point, they have beaten everyone handily. The one thing we have going our way is our offense is different and so much faster than anything they have seen yet. Clemson to start the year, would have been the closest but they are a mess. Our hope, is that this becomes a shootout and whoever has the ball last has a chance to win.

We need +5 turnovers. Score on every one em. A small lead with 3 minutes left to make Kirby have to actually coach. Winner

Biggest part of coaching is recruiting.....Kirby does this.
Saban even told them that if they think he's a great coach, he isn't. But he is a great recruiter.
We have to have a strong showing to help sway some players our way or either away from ga, imo.

Reactions: DougVol
Georgia is good, but they haven't really beat anyone either. Their schedule averages out to opponents with almost 4 losses each. If we had a better defense, this game might end in a different story and I bet we'll put some points up on them.

Reactions: tngivm6
Let's be honest, the reason most people perceive Georgia's offense as being less capable than they actually are (besides being overshadowed by the defense) is that their quarterback is 5'11 190 lb former walk-on regardless of what's actually happened on the field this year.

LOL, I'm really trying to figure out why there are no posts on the board other than our offense vs their defense. Nothing about how best to stop their offense. no defensive game plans, thoughts, matchups, etc....

How do we go about stopping their run game? How about stopping their passing game? Hell, special teams, anyone?
I think 99% of the universe understands we’re probably gonna lose. No sense in analyzing simple math.

Reactions: Volatility
Anyone who thinks UGA's offense isn't excellent is daft. UGA looks to me to be the best team in the country and is uniformly excellent but led by its defense.

Nevertheless, UT has played well this year for the most part. UT took down a UGA squad that was likely the best team in the country in 2007 at home. I am skeptical we can duplicate that magic, but maybe, just maybe, we can.
Anything can happen in college football .. which is why, unlike last Saturday against Mizzou, I ain't going hunting during this game. I will sit with my nerves racked watching til we have a result one way or another

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land

Did you see our defense Saturday night? Did you see how we couldn’t tackle anyone? I don’t know how we are going to stop their offense. I wish I had answers, but I don’t. Stack the box? No? Spread our defense out, and the cb’s, safety/safeties play deep? Either way they’re going to find a way to drive the ball. They’re to good. The only way to do this I guess, is to get 5 or 6 guys swarming to the ball and they do their best to wrap up. I still don’t know?

Reactions: Orange Raid
Did you see our defense Saturday night? Did you see how we couldn’t tackle anyone? I don’t know how we are going to stop their offense. I wish I had answers, but I don’t. Stack the box? No? Spread our defense out, and the cb’s, safety/safeties play deep? Either way they’re going to find a way to drive the ball. They’re to good. The only way to do this I guess, is to get 5 or 6 guys swarming to the ball and they do their best to wrap up. I still don’t know?

I hear ya, brother, no need in discussing anymore. Guess, I'm giving up as well. Seeing as how we can't stop them defensively and we won't score everytime we have the ball, why do we even bother....

True. As I've said elsewhere, I hope the uga AD send a few of our posters a 1099 for the effort they have put in praising and advancing that trash program. Don't care if they beat us by 50, no respect, no praise. Never have, never will.

I'll tell you about Georgia (I'm good at it). Kirby dumb ass was so bad at making decisions and calling games he went out and bought himself an nfl offensive coordinator. Monkin, who was (wait for it)... The Browns old O coordinator. Monkin likes to use his 8 foot tall freshman TE. He pops him out when you aren't looking thinking he's sneaky, and that kid will lumber 40 yards because he is too big to bring down. Just expect it. The good thing is coach hype has a plan, and he strait told you in the presser, and if you can't figure it out, you are probably a georgia fan.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I hear ya, brother, no need in discussing anymore. Guess, I'm giving up as well. Seeing as how we can't stop them defensively and we won't score everytime we have the ball, why do we even bother....
Just come out and play. See what happens, right?

Reactions: DickeyD
Breaking news....UGA is good.

Minus the mustard bottles, I have been pleasantly surprised at UT fans this year for the most part being more reasonable about expectations. If any of us have tried to say that UGA's offense isn't good, they're dumb. Does that mean they can't have a bad day, make mistakes and have an opportunistic defense make them pay for it? Not at all, you play the games on the field and not on a stat sheet.

If you look at UGA's opponents to this point, they have beaten everyone handily. The one thing we have going our way is our offense is different and so much faster than anything they have seen yet. Clemson to start the year, would have been the closest but they are a mess. Our hope, is that this becomes a shootout and gwhoever has the ball last has a chance to win.
Lol. Why do you think we can get into a shoot out with a team that gives up 6 points a game? I’m hopeful we will do better than any team so far this year. Maybe 21 or 24. I think they will end up in the 40s just by wearing our defense down.

VN Store

Back