For those demanding fans realize what Tennessee is...

VaBornVol

The last non-PHD on the internet
Do you also demand their interest and passion levels to remain the same? Reality is UT Football is an uninteresting, poorly ran source of sports entertainment in a flooded market. If everyone accepts that, we’re done. Apathy is setting in and a generation has already been lost. Regardless of what the administration says, I’d bet they’d be much happier taking their annual SEC and Nike money, and let the football program become Syracuse. The only thing standing in the way of that fate is a high level of fan interest and passion

Do you also demand their interest and passion levels to remain the same? Reality is UT Football is an uninteresting, poorly ran source of sports entertainment in a flooded market. If everyone accepts that, we’re done. Apathy is setting in and a generation has already been lost. Regardless of what the administration says, I’d bet they’d be much happier taking their annual SEC and Nike money, and let the football program become Syracuse. The only thing standing in the way of that fate is a high level of fan interest and passion
It's time from the sound of things for you to find another team to root for.

200.gif

Reactions: Sara Clark

I think of couple of you guys may be missing the OP's point a bit.

He's saying, basically, "go not gently into that good night, but burn and rave at the close of day, rage, rage against the dying of the light."

He's doing the polar opposite of looking for another team to root for. He's saying we need to rally and continue to have high expectations for this program.

I agree.

I don't necessarily like the imagery he uses to paint our current picture (it is rather distasteful to Vols fans), but I like the sentiment.

... Regardless of what the administration says, I’d bet they’d be much happier taking their annual SEC and Nike money, and let the football program become Syracuse ...

What evidence do you have to support this? The performance of past administrations can just as easily support incompetence as it does indifference. Further, the fund raisers are beholding to the donors. Do you think the donors are indifferent to the success of the football program?

It will always be in the financial interest of the university to have success in athletics. For a list of reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: VFL-82-JP
For the Under 25 crowd, you've grown up on mediocre to failing football most of your life. For the +25 you've experienced the mountain top live and want those moments back. Sad reality is our highlights on the jumbotron have not been updated with players born after the national championship.

I"m ok with this, heck it's been like this for over 12 years......and your point?

Reactions: VaBornVol
It's time from the sound of things for you to find another team to root for.

View attachment 346323
Honest question: if someone has an unpopular opinion, why must he/she automatically gtfo? I don't understand it.

You may not like what is being said but you don't have to read it and they aren't forcing you to try to think the way they think.

Sure, maybe what they're saying has been said a thousand different ways. We should all be able to vent without other people telling them to GTFO.

The bottom line is in 2021 when a program wants to pay 4 mill per year you are going to be average at best. It's crystal clear the powers that be don't want to be a power again. They want to save $ on the front end and are satisfied with a ceiling of 8-4 ish. If you are ok with that then UT is your program. Fact is they don't deserve us anymore

Reactions: VaBornVol
Dooley, Butch, Aight and now a quirky offensive guy that can't recruit and hasn't built a program. I don't know what to tell you guys who think this admin is trying or cares about football. There is NO proof that is true. This a JOKE hire, just like the last 3.

Yawn. What a tiresome load of crap. Since you have figured this out, what exactly is your point in continuing to post whiny, super-negative drivel? You've told us - it's over - admin doesn't care - we'll never be good again. So why hang around? Miserable people are miserable, and seem hell-bent on making everyone around them miserable. Kind of like a raging 2-yo pitching a fit because his mom won't buy him a candy bar, all the while oblivious to how ridiculous and pathetic he looks.

I think of couple of you guys may be missing the OP's point a bit.

He's saying, basically, "go not gently into that good night, but burn and rave at the close of day, rage, rage against the dying of the light."

He's doing the polar opposite of looking for another team to root for. He's saying we need to rally and continue to have high expectations for this program.

I agree.

I don't necessarily like the imagery he uses to paint our current picture (it is rather distasteful to Vols fans), but I like the sentiment.

Liked for a Dylan Thomas poetry reference on a football forum!

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back