For the Masses Wanting Freeze

Time will tell dip d**k

What's wrong, snowflake get your feelings hurt? People like you are constantly with the "source?" "How do you know?" Blah, blah, blah b.s. You're on the f'n internet look it up

Freeze and his offense is the only one on the market that has beaten Saban twice. Something not many have been able to do. I'd rather have him here than let Saban hire him and wax us for 10 more years.
Bama had 5 turnovers in one of those games. Just saying.

Reactions: MustafaRasta
Think this thread has the 5 steps to acceptance
1. Denial.........Freeze is coming its all or nothing
2. Anger..........why is it taking so long to hire a OC
3. Bargaining..U know Lindsey and Enos are just as good maybe better fit
4. Depression.. We are going to be the bridesmaid again
5.acceptance....Well its not what we wanted but I trust CJP and think we will be better off in the long run

Reactions: MEDVOL
While I mostly agree with the OPs opinion here I do feel if we hire Freeze (not necessarily endorsing him mind you) he would and could adjust his offensive scheme to fit what CJP wants and to the strength of his personnel. Having said that I have a family member who played for Hugh and they have some major reservations about him as well. I personally think he has repented, been forgiven, and as the Apostle Paul admonished “Forgetting what lies behind I press forward toward the goal etc”.....Let’s let CJP do his job and hire his own OC!!!

Supposedly Freeze is going to Bama now. Apparently Saban is comfortable with Freeze's offensive scheme.

OP hasnt a clue about much of anything it seems! Pruitt wants to build UT into Bama, well lets look at Bama's offense. Its a RPO offense. This year they were really close to 50/50 on pass/runs with a little more runs, however LAST year they had a lot more runs compared to passing EXCEPT their leading rusher was their QB. Pretty sure that means they ran a RPO where hurts ran the ball alot. This year Tua has ran a little less but he has also been hurt. Even Saban has seen that 3 yards and a cloud of dust is moving away and has been moving his offense more towards RPO, so i guess his offense wouldnt fit at UT. I mean 3 seasons ago Hurt led the team in rushing, so for 2 straight seasons the QB led Nick Sabans offense in rushing.... hmmmmm

Dissecting Hugh Freeze's Hurry Up No Huddle
Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

I've stayed quiet for numerous reasons. The biggest is everyone one has latched on to the Idea Freeze is the answer and won't settle for anyone else and any hire if not Freeze is a bust. THE MAN'S SYSTEM DOESN'T FIT WHAT CJP WANT'S HERE. Ok, let that sink in. He runs a hurry up RPO. which requires the exact kind of players CBJ was recruiting to run his offense. The biggest reason I don't want him here is recruiting violations. If the man repented then I'm behind him but sanaction aren't anything I'm looking for at UT. We are recruiting OL to run a smash mouth in your face offense. If and a big IF, we were to hire Freeze as our OC then our recruiting would have to be totally undone and more under sized OL and back to where we were with Butch.

Leave the hiring to CJP, he knows what he wants and I for one trust his vetting of an OC coach. If I had to bet, it's already a done deal and just waiting for the coaches season to end. I understand that's an open statement but the coach is either in the playoff's or in the NFL.

How about you clueless people just let CJP pick his OC and bow out of all your attacks on our coach. I place more faith on him than I do any arm chairs here.

P.S. I've been through a coaching change in college and it sucked but we hired a gem. Clam down and let CJP do his job, judge him after the 2019 season. You chicken little's kill me.

I agree with much of your post, but don't bang on us fans for being fans. That's why we get on this website to talk and grip about our Vols. We piss and moan, but in the end we all want the Vols to WIN!!!!

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

Clam down and let CJP do his job, judge him after the 2019 season. You chicken little's kill me.

All we've got to go on for now is the 2018 season, and that does not bode well for the future. Haven't seen anything to indicate he will be able to get the job done. Maybe, hopefully, he will, but I don't see anything to be optimistic about at this juncture. If, as a DC, he does not let the OC run the offense, he isn't likely to be successful as a HC. With a conservative OC, he will show marginal improvement in 2019, maybe 6 wins because USCe, UK, MO, and Vandy won't be as good and because the OL and secondary should improve noticeably. He will trend up in 2020, but if he doesn't get 9 wins in 2021, he's toast. With a new starting QB, I don't like his chances.

All we've got to go on for now is the 2018 season, and that does not bode well for the future. Haven't seen anything to indicate he will be able to get the job done. Maybe, hopefully, he will, but I don't see anything to be optimistic about at this juncture. If, as a DC, he does not let the OC run the offense, he isn't likely to be successful as a HC. With a conservative OC, he will show marginal improvement in 2019, maybe 6 wins because USCe, UK, MO, and Vandy won't be as good and because the OL and secondary should improve noticeably. He will trend up in 2020, With a new starting QB, I don't like his chances.
"but if he doesn't get 9 wins in 2021, he's toast." I did not realize that you have oversight responsibilities over Phillip Fulmer and the UT administration.

Bear, If you want Freeze then so be it, but remember this, we don't have the athletes to run his offense which our recruiting class shows. Open you're eyes sir,,,,,,,,, You're one of the few that I have't ignored on this site but OUR recruiting class would have to change for a freeze hire.

Square Peg meet Round Hole!!! Won't fit.

I wanted Freeze in the beginning but now lets just see if we can get a NO NAME O.C. and him amaze us. At one point, Cutcliffe was a NO NAME and he ended up doing a good job as our O.C., not once but twice.....

Get the good OC and then recruit the players that fit. Period. We've seen the sh!t that happens when you try to do it the other way around.

On the Tony Basilio show today, it was reported that Saturday Pruitt had a contract ready to present to Freeze but was told he couldn't do it by Fulmer.
source: The Tony Basilio Show
If this is true, Fulmer should be shown the door as summarily as was his predecessor because he would deserve it just as much. I know it won't happen but there's just no excuse for this b.s. If Freeze had charges pending against him, that would be one thing; if he were currently under investigation by the NCAA, that would be one thing; if he even had been vetoed or discouraged by Sankey, I could see that to some degree. But considering he has paid his penance and is completely clear now to be hired, and beyond that considering what he did - speaking in terms of what is proven, what the NCAA acted on, not unsubstantiated allegations from decades ago that were never pursued by the school or anyone else - pales compared to a myriad of coaches and players all across the landscape of college and pro football, and lastly and most of all, considering he's going to be hired somewhere else if we don't hire him, and it will probably be a program ten levels better than us right now, and he'll improve said program noticeably on offense so that they curb-stomp us even more than they already have been, this is just inexcusable. He has accomplishments as a coach far beyond any other candidate that is even rumored to be in the mix, and if our HC wants him, he should be able to hire him. The time for those entrusted with UT football to play games with the future of the program a la Haslam, the administration, etc. is over. It needs to stop now.

When only one well-known and reputable journalist was reporting Fulmer was the snag, I withheld judgment and assumed there might be some truth to what Matthews has said. Now that two established journalists who cover the Vols full-time are reporting the same thing, there seems to be a lot of smoke. Somebody above Phil needs to tell him to get the hell out of the way.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I love Philip Fulmer and was glad he was made AD. But I agree with what you said. I vomited last night after hearing what Basilio reported. The whole "grudges" and fear that the NCAA would investigate. If anything, he'd be the last one investigated because their last investigation of him showed he promoted a culture of compliance.

Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

I've stayed quiet for numerous reasons. The biggest is everyone one has latched on to the Idea Freeze is the answer and won't settle for anyone else and any hire if not Freeze is a bust. THE MAN'S SYSTEM DOESN'T FIT WHAT CJP WANT'S HERE. Ok, let that sink in. He runs a hurry up RPO. which requires the exact kind of players CBJ was recruiting to run his offense. The biggest reason I don't want him here is recruiting violations. If the man repented then I'm behind him but sanaction aren't anything I'm looking for at UT. We are recruiting OL to run a smash mouth in your face offense. If and a big IF, we were to hire Freeze as our OC then our recruiting would have to be totally undone and more under sized OL and back to where we were with Butch.

Leave the hiring to CJP, he knows what he wants and I for one trust his vetting of an OC coach. If I had to bet, it's already a done deal and just waiting for the coaches season to end. I understand that's an open statement but the coach is either in the playoff's or in the NFL.

How about you clueless people just let CJP pick his OC and bow out of all your attacks on our coach. I place more faith on him than I do any arm chairs here.

P.S. I've been through a coaching change in college and it sucked but we hired a gem. Clam down and let CJP do his job, judge him after the 2019 season. You chicken little's kill me.
Bama runs a pro style and spread offense and they have not had to shrink their offensive lineman to do it.....

Reactions: OneVolNation

VN Store

Back