For the Masses Wanting Freeze

Dissecting Hugh Freeze's Hurry Up No Huddle
Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

I've stayed quiet for numerous reasons. The biggest is everyone one has latched on to the Idea Freeze is the answer and won't settle for anyone else and any hire if not Freeze is a bust. THE MAN'S SYSTEM DOESN'T FIT WHAT CJP WANT'S HERE. Ok, let that sink in. He runs a hurry up RPO. which requires the exact kind of players CBJ was recruiting to run his offense. The biggest reason I don't want him here is recruiting violations. If the man repented then I'm behind him but sanaction aren't anything I'm looking for at UT. We are recruiting OL to run a smash mouth in your face offense. If and a big IF, we were to hire Freeze as our OC then our recruiting would have to be totally undone and more under sized OL and back to where we were with Butch.

Leave the hiring to CJP, he knows what he wants and I for one trust his vetting of an OC coach. If I had to bet, it's already a done deal and just waiting for the coaches season to end. I understand that's an open statement but the coach is either in the playoff's or in the NFL.

How about you clueless people just let CJP pick his OC and bow out of all your attacks on our coach. I place more faith on him than I do any arm chairs here.

P.S. I've been through a coaching change in college and it sucked but we hired a gem. Clam down and let CJP do his job, judge him after the 2019 season. You chicken little's kill me.
With this logic we should not have hired Pruitt. We did not have the right kind of players for that transition.

not we didn't, but the record is the record, which indicates overall, he was on par w/ Jones' record.....and for the record, I don't think they were ever ranked #1....for even 1 week. They did make it to 3 a couple years, which aint shabby.
I stand corrected on ranking #1 versus #3. That said, when's the last time UT was ranked that high? Jones played Freeze once and got beat 34-3. How many times did Jones beat Bama? How many times did he even manage to not get run out of the stadium by them? Saying he's no better coach than Jones is just silly.

You have to recruit to your strengths. That in your face, you can't recruit one way and do a 180 to recruit another way, THINK ABOUT IT. Let the raw emation go fo a second and think about what you're asking for.
If we were worried about recruiting to fit a pro style system we wouldn't have moved Banks to LB because he is the only physical runner we had

The style of Offense Freeze ran at Ole Miss is not a factor, it's his knowledge of the game that matters, develop players, his ability to recruit, and see the defensive scheme and call good plays. Coaches like Freeze will adapt. I will let Pruitt pick HIS guy without complaining as long as the University lets him do so.

Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

I've stayed quiet for numerous reasons. The biggest is everyone one has latched on to the Idea Freeze is the answer and won't settle for anyone else and any hire if not Freeze is a bust. THE MAN'S SYSTEM DOESN'T FIT WHAT CJP WANT'S HERE. Ok, let that sink in. He runs a hurry up RPO. which requires the exact kind of players CBJ was recruiting to run his offense. The biggest reason I don't want him here is recruiting violations. If the man repented then I'm behind him but sanaction aren't anything I'm looking for at UT. We are recruiting OL to run a smash mouth in your face offense. If and a big IF, we were to hire Freeze as our OC then our recruiting would have to be totally undone and more under sized OL and back to where we were with Butch.

Leave the hiring to CJP, he knows what he wants and I for one trust his vetting of an OC coach. If I had to bet, it's already a done deal and just waiting for the coaches season to end. I understand that's an open statement but the coach is either in the playoff's or in the NFL.

How about you clueless people just let CJP pick his OC and bow out of all your attacks on our coach. I place more faith on him than I do any arm chairs here.

P.S. I've been through a coaching change in college and it sucked but we hired a gem. Clam down and let CJP do his job, judge him after the 2019 season. You chicken little's kill me.

People are clueless for sharing their opinion that's different than yours? Got it! What makes these people "arm chairs" is they are doing exactly what the board was created for....talking about UT sports.

Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

Thanks Phil.

Never have thought for a second Freeze was a viable option.

He doesn't appear to run the offense Pruitt wants which....based on what we saw this year...is a variation of the stuff Fulmers teams were running 20 years ago. Pound the ball then try to hit a big pass play.

Hate to break it to them but times have changed. Even Saban has adjusted to it. Guess Pruitt and Fulmer didn't get the memo.

The thing about the typical 'spread' philosophy is they are concept driven and typically QB dependent. Urban run's a wishbone spread , Auburn is the wing T spread , Oregon's offenses were all predicated off zone reads, the Fun and Gun was a balanced 4 vertical spread. They are all dependent on having the right QB for the system or they just don't work reliably . What Pruitt seems to be building is a multiple pro-style offense. Meaning you want to line up and max protect and run under center , can do . You want to go 4 wide and empty set , yes. You want RPO's , check . You want to hurry up , yes. you want to slow down and pound a team to death ? Yes.

If I was an OC , this multiple offense that gives you all of the opinions would be the best option. The only thing you have to give up is the running QB . I think just about any of the OCs mentioned would adapt fine to a pro-set . Recruiting is the big question that makes this type of offense go.

The NCAA microscope that Freeze brings is scary

Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

0CEBDBC3-9341-48A8-8EEA-F0AFDBFBA7B1.jpeg

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
From the Basilio show today: Pruitt wanted Freeze. Fulmer held a grudge against Freeze over the Michael Oher recruiting but using fear of NCAA scrutiny for recruiting and trying to blow up the Briarcrest stuff (was proven nothing there) if Freeze is hired. So all the stuff about wanting to win and turn it around and would support whoever the head coach wanted to hire was apparently a load of BS because Pruitt had wanted to hire Freeze and Freeze was interested. Now make sure you admit you don't want to win on the next video address to the fans and no more talk about wanting to win championships because when the ball is in your court, you refuse to make the shot. And Freeze already said he adjusts the systems to fit the players so OP you were 100% wrong with your accusation.

orange.png

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Bear, If you want Freeze then so be it, but remember this, we don't have the athletes to run his offense which our recruiting class shows. Open you're eyes sir,,,,,,,,, You're one of the few that I have't ignored on this site but OUR recruiting class would have to change for a freeze hire.

Seeing how Tennessee finished 108th in the country in scoring this year, we don't have the players for Pruitt's offense either. I don't see how changing it at this point could make things any worse. For those keeping track at home, that is good enough for last in the conference except for Arkansas.

Frankly, I think Freeze gives us a better chance to win than anyone else being mentioned right now. I would like to give ourselves the best chance to win, how about you?

Hire Freeze and we get to do this again next year after he takes his recruits to Auburn.
Not true. It was reported his daughter has two years of high school left and he told her that he wants to stay at least 2 years.

From the Basilio show today: Pruitt wanted Freeze. Fulmer held a grudge against Freeze over the Michael Oher recruiting but using fear of NCAA scrutiny for recruiting and trying to blow up the Briarcrest stuff (was proven nothing there) if Freeze is hired. So all the stuff about wanting to win and turn it around and would support whoever the head coach wanted to hire was apparently a load of BS because Pruitt had wanted to hire Freeze and Freeze was interested. Now make sure you admit you don't want to win on the next video address to the fans and no more talk about wanting to win championships because when the ball is in your court, you refuse to make the shot. And Freeze already said he adjusts the systems to fit the players so OP you were 100% wrong with your accusation.
How often is Basilio right ? I really do not know how much of an insider he may be but it his hard for me to take any reports like this as gospel with all the garbage information coming out in the last few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: hep
Feel Better?
Has pruitt coached a team that beat saban twice, nearly three times in a row? Has pruitt had one of the best records in the ncaa of winning against top 25 competition? Has pruitt taken a team from the lowest ranking in the sec and made them a top 5 rank within three years? Also, has pruitt done this with consensus three star teams with a few 5 star players? I dont think tennessee deserves hugh freeze. Pruitt should be working for freeze instead of the opposite. Might work out better for freeze in the long run. Maybe freeze will have the chance to beat pruitt on the field one day.

Has pruitt coached a team that beat saban twice, nearly three times in a row? Has pruitt had one of the best records in the ncaa of winning against top 25 competition? Has pruitt taken a team from the lowest ranking in the sec and made them a top 5 rank within three years? Also, has pruitt done this with consensus three star teams with a few 5 star players? I dont think tennessee deserves hugh freeze. Pruitt should be working for freeze instead of the opposite. Might work out better for freeze in the long run. Maybe freeze will have the chance to beat pruitt on the field one day.

Has Pruitt been caught cheating and brought sanctions down on his team?

Reactions: Big Al Orange

Feel Better?

VN Store

Back