For the Diehards....

Well said. It’s going to take immense fan support to get this thing where we want to be. Honestly, this board has been a breath of fresh air. I’ve been watching Vol baseball for a long time but never really had enough hope for the sport to want to post about it. I’ve mostly stuck to the basketball forum. But this board, it’s like Nirvana. The football forum and the recruiting forum is filled with a lot of bickering and trolling and hating, but here outside of some negativity last night when the chips were down, it’s a great community. We still get some trolls who want to see the Vols lose but for the most part it’s a great place to both celebrate and commiserate with like minds. Looking forward to doing more celebrating on the way to Omaha.
It's nirvana because we're winning. The football board is just beaten down and frustrated. They know the depth of hole they're in and that it's gonna be a very, very dark and long road back to even respectability. Seems almost like it will never happen again at UT.

In baseball, we're led by a supernova of a coach. All we have to do as a program is to hold onto him and let him rocket us to the top. We feel like it's inevitable and that nothing can stop what coming from UT baseball. Talk about polar opposites. I tend to ignore the malcontents over there. My first game was in '65 so I've seen us at all the lows and highs. Most of the younger and more emotional posters still haven't gained perspective so I kinda cut them a lot of slack.

Now to have both mens basketball and baseball to be at such levels is really special and I'm enjoying the hell outta it.

I think this season and this era of UT baseball is for everyone who wears orange. Not just the diehards. It's hard for college baseball to get the buzz it needs to grow as a sport. How many hard core football and even basketball fans just haven't gotten the exposure to the baseball team they need to hop on board. Some may even be be big mlb fans. Welcome aboard!!

Frankly, I don't care if someone goes back to the 70s like me or if they just jumped on board this year. This program hasn't even been IN the backseat when it comes to the pecking order among the sports at UT. I say the more the merrier. We need all the fan support we can muster in order to get the baseball program where we want it to be considering the sharks we have to deal with in this league. We've lucked into a coach who can make us elite if we can get the support. Any fan of any age or any duration on any message board is welcome and appreciated by this old fan.
This program certainly needs and should welcome the new interest. But that doesn’t mean the long suffering fans don’t deserve a toast…they do. Cheers

Spent a lot of time at LNS with 3-400 others and fantasized about times like these. The love of baseball combined with the love of my alma mater....green grass*, brown dirt*, and orange everywhere.

Stay right here, 'cause these are the good old days.

Remember when food and music were talked about as much as baseball in the game threads?

Good times, that I don't want to return.

That and complaining UT won’t stream the game, 😬, for like...years...

Sometimes I find myself missing it then I say to myself, “dumba$$, you asked for it, not so politely, a million times...it’s here, anyone can watch a college baseball game of their choosing...

Well, poor PAC.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
I’ll be honest, I’ve never really followed until this year. Always been a big baseball fan, but never really followed college. But man this is a fun game.

I'm the same. But now I'm hooked. This is very good quality baseball. Good pitching, defense, etc. And it's fun, win or lose.

Reactions: Element01
Grew up in Memphis. My Dad always talked about that game.

It was a wild one. UT won in a high scoring affair. The UCLA coach accused the refs of stealing it for Tennessee. He said, "Playing Tennessee in Memphis is like playing Notre Dame in Rome." That was a funny line. Probably less true today.

VN Store

Back