For Memphis fans

We wont be a #1 seed , dickens is right about that .

The fellows in orange were watching from their dorm rooms , no wait they'd lost long before that pretty bad to the Cardinals ( so they had time for a final four party like the rest of us ) . So they were probably at CBP's enjoying the game .:ermm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u7xwUI4p54

This says it all !

Last edited:
You talk a lot of trash to a team that has been to 3 straight elite 8's, especially for a program that has never been to the elite 8. Why don't you pull up the Laettner video for all the Kentucky fans, cause I'm sure they'd trade the heartbreak of that loss for our awesome program. Let's hang a banner that says something other than Sweet 16 before we start calling out other programs who are clearly better than us.

Memphis does have a lot of tradition, but I would reserve 'awesome' program description to KY, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Kansas (oops sorry to bring them up again), and the like.

Honestly, the only thing I care about is National Championships. Memphis has won how many in basketball? Yes, their ranking and seeding this year is undoubtedly bolstered by Conference USA scheduling. If they were in the Big East or ACC, there is no way they would be close to where they are ranked now.

Honestly, the only thing I care about is National Championships. Memphis has won how many in basketball? Yes, their ranking and seeding this year is undoubtedly bolstered by Conference USA scheduling. If they were in the Big East or ACC, there is no way they would be close to where they are ranked now.
You have no way of knowing that. You should hear about the old saying "keep your mouth shut and nobody will know how dumb you are, open it up and you'll remove all doubt"...

My goodness, some Vol fans can be downright retarded.

Yeah good job Cletus....let's make fun of a team for making the national title game and losing a heartbreaker, since we've made it to the Championship game so many times. Oh wait...we haven't. But at least we have all those Final Four appearances....whoops. But we can lean on those Elite 8s....uhh....

Please get a clue. You're a freakin' idiot for trying to trash talk Memphis as we've got absolutely no room to talk. I don't care what stinkin' conference they are in, they win in the tournament. What's next....making fun of Kentucky...oh wait we've done that around here too. Way to make fun of a team that beat the absolute snot out of us twice this year. As bad as they are we couldn't get within 18 of them.

You have no way of knowing that. You should hear about the old saying "keep your mouth shut and nobody will know how dumb you are, open it up and you'll remove all doubt"...

It is very easy to know that. Stop being a Memphis homer.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It is very easy to know that. Stop being a Memphis homer.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Does it matter? Again, they make it to the Elite 8 and on. I don't care what conference they are from, they get far in the tournament. If they were only good because of their bad conference, wouldn't you think they'd get exposed in the NCAAT? Funny how that doesn't seem to happen.

This "if they were in the ACC/SEC/Insert Conference" is nothing but a bunch of sour grapes. If they suck so much, why didn't we beat them this year?

Sure you have a way of knowing that. What were the Tigers seeded in tournaments before Cincinnati, Louisville, DePaul and Marquette left C-USA?

Sure you have a way of knowing that. What were the Tigers seeded in tournaments before Cincinnati, Louisville, DePaul and Marquette left C-USA?

Where have these other teams been since they left would be a better question .

Cal was just getting us up and running at that point . Now we're up and running to the elite eights , final fours , NC game . These " said " teams had their opportunity to try to get to these games but LOST trying .

The only way to know it is if you're clairvoyant. You telling me you know what might happen regarding something that's not gonna happen? Besides, how high have those schools you mentioned been seeded and have any of them been to the elite eight or final four in the last three years?

Where have these other teams been since they left would be a better question .

Cal was just getting us up and running at that point . Now we're up and running to the elite eights , final fours , NC game . These " said " teams had their opportunity to try to get to these games but LOST trying .
:yes:

And yet they've made 3 Elite 8s in a row and made the championship game last year. So apparently other teams forgot to expose them as frauds.

If you think Memphis has been a fraud with their accomplishments in the past few years then that tells me what your level of CBB knowledge really is . They weren't lucky to hammer those teams on there way to the NC game.

If you think Memphis has been a fraud with their accomplishments in the past few years then that tells me what your level of CBB knowledge really is . They weren't lucky to hammer those teams on there way to the NC game.
I think he's agreeing with you (he was being sarcastic I think)... :whistling:

VN Store

Back