For everyone saying Heupel should not have...

IBlvNTmWrk

Dawn of a New Day
taken the foot off the gas, if Hooker would have thrown a pic, or fumbled on a sack, most if not all of the same people would have been complaining that he should have stuck to the run on the last drive.

We won...

Florida got nearly every possible break this game...

We have arguably the best overall coaching staff we've had in 15 years...

Let them grow and learn... good times are ahead!

Last edited:
And I forgot to include as a bullet...

I don't think I've ever seen more blatant holding by Florida, that wasn't called, on their last two drives. Maybe someone could find the play, but at one point one of their OL had our guy completed wrapped up from behind like he was giving him a big ole bear hug as he was trying to get to Richardson.

taken the foot off the gas, if Hooker would have thrown a pic, or fumbled on a sac, most if not all of the same people would have been complaining that he should have stuck to the run on the last drive.

We won...

E5877C6B-C5D3-48ED-A184-8D8C96B58487.gif

taken the foot off the gas, if Hooker would have thrown a pic, or fumbled on a sac, most if not all of the same people would have been complaining that he should have stuck to the run on the last drive.

We won...

1664064331498.gif

It’s not so much about taking your foot off the gas. Heupel made a colossal mistake by not kicking that field goal late in the game. By not doing so, it gave Florida a path to win and almost pulled it off.
Thats assuming the kick is made and not blocked. And either way they need 2 TDs. With 0 TOs. 3 yards win the game. It was the right call.

We won...

For the last 50 years I would agree with that statement, BUT, with a defense this bad and an offense this good I can't see slowing it down. Make them stop you, keep the defense watching from the sideline.

For the last 50 years I would agree with that statement, BUT, with a defense this bad and an offense this good I can't see slowing it down. Make them stop you, keep the defense watching from the sideline.

Exactly. Defense looked like they were celebrating win with 4 min left. Can’t allow that to happen. I’m happy for the win but I’m concerned with the lack of discipline and focus, especially when UF has done whatever they wanted to your Defense all game.

I certainly believe Heupel “should” have kept the normal O rolling…….it was basically all game.

However I get it. You gots a 17 point lead then an 11 point lead will not a ton of clock left. Forcing them to use TO’s while burning clock yourself “looks” to be all you need to do.

Florida got some more miracles…….but the decisions still worked out for Heupel…….we will never know what “would” have happened if Tennessee’s O had just kept going……I “think” Tennessee probably scores again but we don’t know……could have been a turnover or something or less clock used……we will simply never know.

We do know Tennessee won……hard to really fault Heupel……..17 points with 7 minutes to go. Then 11 points with what 4 minutes to go……….not to mention……it worked in the end (maybe not how we would have liked….but it held).

Thats assuming the kick is made and not blocked. And either way they need 2 TDs. With 0 TOs. 3 yards win the game. It was the right call.

No, at 11 they needed a td, a 2pt and a fg. At 14 they need two tds to tie and that last possession is to tie and not to win, assuming everything else played out the same.

The odds of getting a fg blocked are very low. It was a relatively short fg too, not a 50+ yarder. All not kicking the fg did there was give them the ball in the spot it would've been in anyway without a chance at 3 extra points.

I don't think I've ever seen more blatant holding by Florida, that wasn't called, on their last two drives. Maybe someone could find the play, but at one point one of their OL had our guy completed wrapped up from behind like he was giving him a big ole bear hug as he was trying to get to Richardson.

I saw the plays you are referring to, and yes I thought there was holding as well. Not to mention the two horse collar tackles on Hooker that were not called.

I thought Heupel got fairly aggressive on the 4th down short pass, but FL made a good defensive play.

Perhaps the only thing I would have changed is I would have had Hooker fake to Smalls and keep the ball on one of the runs. Florida was heavily keying in on Smalls as everyone new we were going to run the ball... Hooker could have gone for a good 10 - 20 yards!

20220924_192024.jpg

taken the foot off the gas, if Hooker would have thrown a pic, or fumbled on a sack, most if not all of the same people would have been complaining that he should have stuck to the run on the last drive.

We won...

Yeah I see what you're saying but a TD on the last drive would have sealed it. IMO never stop!!!!!!!!

I certainly believe Heupel “should” have kept the normal O rolling…….it was basically all game.

However I get it. You gots a 17 point lead then an 11 point lead will not a ton of clock left. Forcing them to use TO’s while burning clock yourself “looks” to be all you need to do.

Florida got some more miracles…….but the decisions still worked out for Heupel…….we will never know what “would” have happened if Tennessee’s O had just kept going……I “think” Tennessee probably scores again but we don’t know……could have been a turnover or something or less clock used……we will simply never know.

We do know Tennessee won……hard to really fault Heupel……..17 points with 7 minutes to go. Then 11 points with what 4 minutes to go……….not to mention……it worked in the end (maybe not how we would have liked….but it held).

They got away with it but UF had the ball and a score gives them the win on the road, can you imagine the depth of losing in that fashion? If you are going to play a prevent defense it needs to prevent something, scoring, passing, time off the clock, anything. That defensive plan did nothing. I think the coaches have no confidence in the players ability to rush or play man to man.

Well I would think this game pretty much laid out who you are as a team. I'll wait to see if the coaching reflects that going forward. In short your strength is O so go for first downs and ice the game. It's iffy to rely on your D, though they averted a disaster they haven't in the past.

I

We won...

Completely understand your stand point....but u can only do that when you have elite defense. We still have lot to do get there. We need lean on offense win the game not defense....

But.

Wins a win....so I'm celebrating

VN Store

Back