For Everyone Pressing The Panic Button...

i just hope oakland didnt design a blueprint on how to beat us. like pack the lanes and force us to shoot 3 all night long. thats not our game this year. but we will benefit from this .

Along the same vein, Austin Peay is on a 21-0 run against Memphis at the moment.

I hardly read any threads anymore because it's just not worth getting mad about this or any other game. Everyone spelled out the doom after the Indy loss and it's been overly stated by me and many others that Pearl's teams have at least 2-3 inexplicably bad losses per year. They also counter with a few overachieving wins. We've beaten Villanova and Pitt. It only makes sense that we lose to Oakland. We have 2 losses that are head scratchers. I for one am glad one didn't count and the other was to a determined, well-coached team that lost to the team that put us out of the tournament last year by 1 POINT! Hope this hope all the bridge divers and chair kickers.

This is a young team trying to find an offense. They don't know how to get the ball to the bigs correctly and no real scoring threat from the outside. They have been getting their points by hook and crook until the last game. The 8 minutes with no basket in the 2nd half killed them. Turned a blow out into a close game then the opposition hit a few prayer shots and the rest is history. I am glad they are out of the top 10 and the undefeated thing is gone. The RPI was helped because this Okland team is playing the entire top 10!

VN Store

Back