For all the naysayers

The difference with Evina and everyone that you mentioned is, none of them trashed the program on their way out. Most of us won’t have a bad word to say about Jaz or Zaay when we play them. As a matter of fact Jaz made it known that Kellie and her staff were great but she needed a change of scenery. Again, Evina is not some sort of victim. Her and her mother have trashed the school and program every chance they get.
I hear what your saying, and it does have merit in the sense of negativity back and forth between the two parties which at best is immature. Putting her down, does nothing to lift us up. My point has always been that this kind of negativity and sometimes worst does not make UT the most inviting place for a program and game changing recruit. Once again, we are not winning the recruiting battles against UCONN, SC, BAYLOR, ND, OREGON, and the like. I dare say that any parent or perspective high talent player reading and witnessing this back and forth would have to seriously think if they want to subject themselves to this environment. EW is gone, we wish her well, but lets turn the page and transform that energy into positivity for this team.

We also have to remember that we played UConn far better this year...leading at the end of the 3rd quarter and only down by 2 with 34 seconds left. And that we lost a starter to transfer which shifted primary PG responsibilty to Horston and backups.

Ideally, we'd be 12-0 right now with a win over #s 3, 13, and 15 and tied for first in SEC. But that would require all starters to play really well each game, and we're just not there yet. And we knew that coming in. But we are better than last year without the luxury of the top-ranked recruits that we used to rely upon every year.

Yeah, if we had pulled off the upset, it would have gotten more attention (although still not as shocking ad CO upsetting Stanford). But any recruit having any interest in us might be impressed with how close we played the premiere team and might give us a closer look now.

Exactly.

There will be a lot of interest now in how UConn does against Arky.

If, say, Crystal Dangerfield had transferred from UConn and signed with Tennessee, you don't think Connecticut fans wouldn't have a special focus on her if they played Tennessee? Of course they would. You know why? Because we hate each other. That's what those rivalries are about. Yankees-Sox. Lakers-Celtics. Auburn and Alabama - what, you think they're somehow all buddy buddy? No sir. Hate hate hate. Oh sure, you may make nice nice at the concessions stand line, but as soon as your back is turned they're muttering a "damn Vol" just as fast as you're coughing up a "damn Husky." These programs share a long history together, one filled with dunks in Hartford and punches in Knoxville and a shared failure to recruit Alana Beard. It may not be the rivalry it once was -- though I reject Auriemma's assertion that it's no rivalry at all -- but it is still _the_ rivalry and rivalries are about hate and snarky comments and occasionally helping each other figure out what section their tickets are in at the Final Four but just that one time and I'll never admit it in public.

Anyway, again, she hit the doors to join our most intensely disliked rivals. Then their coach took a few thinly veiled (and some naked) shots at Tennessee, complaining that the rules were unfair and of course it was Tennessee's fault. Of course people are chirpy.

Last edited:
Well its going to take awhile for facts and truth to come back in style. But just like those who say Davis "disappeared", anyone who says EW is not a vastly improved player is just being silly. Or didn't actually watch EW back when the folks in the lower rows of TBA were ducking her errant passes.

Coaching has clearly worked wonders for her. Exactly why I can't be mad at her. All kids deserve a chance with real coaching. Glad she finally got some.[/QUOTE]

Nice to see an adult weigh in. I wonder how many Westbrook haters would feel the same way about her if she had left for a program other than UConn?

Reactions: glv98
Does Kellie get some credit for the impressive improvements in Rae this season? Can Kellie develop players?
I thought the same thing, but was afraid to say it. Not bc haters would hate on it, but bc we probably just jinxed Rae by saying it out loud! She's way too important to us right now to take any chances.

We sure blamed Holly for every (many many) lack of development case so only fair to give this coach credit for improvements, right? Whether she had anything to do with it or not LOL. It's not the first either, Jazz made a huge, unexpected improvement last year after a dismal frosh year under you know who. A trend? Let it Be!!!

I was thinking last night that Rae is now the player Jamie Nared coulda shoulda been. Am I right that Rae and Rennia are the last two players to have also played under Holly? Did Kasi ever play for her?

Last edited:
I thought the same thing, but was afraid to say it not. Not bc haters would hate on it, but bc we probably just jinxed Rae by saying it out loud! She's way too important to us right now to take any chances.

We sure blamed Holly for every (many many) lack of development case so only fair to give coach credit for improvements, right? Whether she had anything to do with it or not LOL. It's not the first either, Jazz made a huge, unexpected improvement last year after a dismal frosh year. A trend? Let it Be!!!

I was thinking last night that Rae is now the player Jamie Nared coulda shoulda been. Am I right that Rae and Rennia are the last two players to have also played under Holly? Did Kasi ever play for her?
Yes Kasi played for Holly as well

That’s not true. We’ve never missed a tournament and Re, Kasi, and Rae all have tournament experience. Evina’s tournament experience was in a UT uniform🙄.
I should have said experience past the sweet sixteen. That is when the games get so much harder.

If Ucon is indeed the team that you have cited them being,then I say that our Lady Vols are right in the conversation. To my old eyes,had two of our top three shown up with their usual games,our Ladies would have won. But we all know about ifs and buts. This Lady Vol team is getting better and better. Good game,Ladies,keep playing hard.

My observation as well. All I kept reading was about how we were going to lose badly..... Last night should have opened some eyes. I know the current thing is to throw Tennessee under the bus for losing and some of our Nega's excel in that but I believe the game proved Tennessee should be ranked. No question about it. If they beat Kentucky and are not ranked next week, it will be more about punishment for the fall than about anything else.

Last edited:
swarms of South Carolina fans on twitter believe that we should fire Kellie Harper for this loss and that we should have never fired Holly Warlick .....a big part of their fanbase dont like Kellie I wonder why???? The always seem to have an opinion on OUR coaches...Kellie must have been the right hire if they want Holly back so bad
Who cares what the Gamecocks fans think

IF Sc fans miss holly so much hire her. Hell we may need to hire her as a recruiter now that i think of it LOL

I think Holly could be a great program ambassador. Hosting events and fundraisers for the program in memory of Pat. I don’t think she should ever be involved in day to day operations of the team ever again. That didn’t go well.

I believe it was primarily Jolette Law handling the recruiting at that time as well. We see what she’s done at South Carolina. Think you’re after the goose and not the gold assuming Holly spotted them.

If UCONN is #3 then we’re definitely Top 10. So we’re better than people assume and their not as good as people project as usual. Give us UCONN in our bracket in March I’ll be confident we can handle them !
I hope you are right. The answer, I think, is going to become clear in the way that we handle the next three games, especially KY tomorrow night. If we can play with the same energy and focus as we had against UConn then we are for sure going in the right direction. If not, and we play without the same fire and cohesiveness then we are going to end up with the same record we had last year..

Reactions: VolBall09
Precisely. In fact I still love a lot of those players. Meme Collins as well.

I have ZERO respect for Evian. You don’t get to trash the program, ask for a new coach on national television right after laying an egg in the NCAA tournament and then transfer to our greatest rival of all time. And then expect everyone to just smile and wave at you? No. She and Geno are made for each other.

He poked Pat with a stick every time he spoke to her and then couldn’t figure out why she didn’t like him! Maybe because you’re a jacka** and Pat never had time for nonsense?

Evian is still slow. She’ll never play more than a season at the next level. If that. She has no WNBA stock and that knee is done.
Facts

Reactions: VolBall09
4v60ef.jpg

Reactions: glv98
swarms of South Carolina fans on twitter believe that we should fire Kellie Harper for this loss and that we should have never fired Holly Warlick .....a big part of their fanbase dont like Kellie I wonder why???? The always seem to have an opinion on OUR coaches...Kellie must have been the right hire if they want Holly back so bad

They're probably still mad at having been embarrassed so many times during the Meek years. For that matter, before and after the Meeks as well.

VN Store

Back