For all the naysayers

Moral Victory U!
Even quicker than I thought someone would say that.

Fine, you want magical assentation back to glory, Final Four this year or nothing! Unfortunately rebuilding doesn't work that way, it's a process. Sometimes a slow one with almost no forward momentuem. Tonight was definitely forward mo. Doesn't mean it won't go back again, doesn't mean we're settling in any way to stop here. But you gotta bend over and kiss yer own arse big time not to see tonight's game as progress for this team.

Last edited:
We also have to remember that we played UConn far better this year...leading at the end of the 3rd quarter and only down by 2 with 34 seconds left. And that we lost a starter to transfer which shifted primary PG responsibilty to Horston and backups.

Ideally, we'd be 12-0 right now with a win over #s 3, 13, and 15 and tied for first in SEC. But that would require all starters to play really well each game, and we're just not there yet. And we knew that coming in. But we are better than last year without the luxury of the top-ranked recruits that we used to rely upon every year.

Yeah, if we had pulled off the upset, it would have gotten more attention (although still not as shocking ad CO upsetting Stanford). But any recruit having any interest in us might be impressed with how close we played the premiere team and might give us a closer look now.

Obviously, even slightly better PG play and we win this game. If Jordan is off, we really need Walker to step up. While both played some good defense, combined 2-20 shooting and 7 t.o.s is not going to get it. That we played UConn right to the wire anyway is amazing. If you'd told me those stats earlier I would have said we lose by 30.

Walker and Salary must provide at least steady backup in these situations, hope both can continue to improve.

Oh Jordan, poor Jordan. Her improvement process is fits and starts and its very, very frustrating. Obviously even moreso for her. No doubt she is one sad young lady right now, must hurt big time to have this happen on the big stage. She plays awesome D right out of the gate but those early fouls and trips to the bench seem to really cripple her rhythm. She has struggled with her shot all season, but had a really good game against Bama. She's inconsistent, but bursting with potential.

It would be crazy to give up on Horston now, she's still young. Her psychie probably needs tending to right now. It's important she bounce back and just keep working hard on decision making and consistency. When she gets there, we'll get there so I'm definitely cheering for it to happen.

She has a 2-1 assist/to ratio this season. She could always play; the problem was that she played for Hollie.
Nah she’s a senior she’s suppose to get better. Let’s not make it seem like Geno has turned her into an all American POY candidate now . I didn’t see anything different tonight from her days as a LV. She did average 15 PPG with Francis remember?

Nah she’s a senior she’s suppose to get better. Let’s not make it seem like Geno has turned her into an all American POY candidate now . I didn’t see anything different tonight from her days as a LV. She did average 15 PPG with Francis remember?
Believe what you will, but she's shooting over 50% from the floor and turning the ball over way less. She's playing way better now than she was at Tennessee, and that's largely because she's not playing for a clueless coach anymore.

Davis was practically a ghost.
11 pts 9 rebs 3 assists 1 block zero t.o.s. Ghost?

She didn't shoot great, 4-12, but stuffed the stat sheet otherwise.

I think folks wanted her to "take over" the game late. She was well defended, really was the whole game but still made some big plays. Obviously not enough, but to say she "disappeared" or "failed to show up" is just silly. Without the contributions she did make we lose handily.

Remember, there are only so many shots to go around. Rae put up 17 shots, and JH and Walker put up 20 between them. Poor Rennia was lucky to get her dozen up.

Believe what you will, but she's shooting over 50% from the floor and turning the ball over way less. She's playing way better now than she was at Tennessee, and that's largely because she's not playing for a clueless coach anymore.
Or because she’s played at this level for almost 4 years while having a season to watch visually. She didn’t show me anything she didn’t display at Tennessee like I said. Let’s revisit this discussion after the SC game maybe?

Well its going to take awhile for facts and truth to come back in style. But just like those who say Davis "disappeared", anyone who says EW is not a vastly improved player is just being silly. Or didn't actually watch EW back when the folks in the lower rows of TBA were ducking her errant passes.

Coaching has clearly worked wonders for her. Exactly why I can't be mad at her. All kids deserve a chance with real coaching. Glad she finally got some.

Well its going to take awhile for facts and truth to come back in style. But just like those who say Davis "disappeared", anyone who says EW is not a vastly improved player is just being silly. Or didn't actually watch back then when the folks in the lower rows of TBA were ducking her errant passes.

Coaching has clearly worked wonders for her. Exactly why I can't be mad at her. All kids deserve a chance with real coaching. Glad she finally got some.
EXACTLY! Holly was terrible for Tennessee. Terrible for EW. Terrible for Re. Terrible for Rae. Terrible for Jazz. Terrible for Te’a. TERRIBLE FOR HAYES. She sold out culture for “talent” and “happiness”

Last edited:
Well its going to take awhile for facts and truth to come back in style. But just like those who say Davis "disappeared", anyone who says EW is not a vastly improved player is just being silly. Or didn't actually watch EW back when the folks in the lower rows of TBA were ducking her errant passes.

I’ll wait til the season has concluded before I make this type of assumption . She looked good tonight and against Villanova & now she’s a totally different player? Goodnight america lol

Yeah, if we had pulled off the upset, it would have gotten more attention (although still not as shocking ad CO upsetting Stanford). But any recruit having any interest in us might be impressed with how close we played the premiere team and might give us a closer look now.
Someone commented during the game it was a fun game to watch. So important that the LVs be fun and interesting again. Helps recruiting, helps networks want to have our games on, etc.
We also have to remember that we played UConn far better this year...leading at the end of the 3rd quarter and only down by 2 with 34 seconds left
Exactly. In spite of subpar PG play, in spite of a good defensive coaching adjustment by them in the second half, in spite of getting behind by 9, they absolutely hung in. Very, very encouraging. We definitely have the pieces. We just have to have a few more of them hang together down the stretch.

I’ll wait til the season has concluded before I make this type of assumption . She looked good tonight and against Villanova & now she’s a totally different player? Goodnight america lol
It’s been all season... you don’t just wake up and shoot like that and she’s leading them in ast/to ratio

It’s been all season... you don’t just wake up and shoot like that and she’s leading them in ast/to ratio
I’ll wait til the end of the season . Mainly after the SC game since they won’t have much competition this year . The Arkansas game will be an illusion as well due to their defensive woes . UCONN will score 90

Reactions: VolFuture2k22
If Ucon is indeed the team that you have cited them being,then I say that our Lady Vols are right in the conversation. To my old eyes,had two of our top three shown up with their usual games,our Ladies would have won. But we all know about ifs and buts. This Lady Vol team is getting better and better. Good game,Ladies,keep playing hard.
Until we can learn to bust a zone and eliminate turnovers, we’re merely fodder for the great teams.

Coach Harper is getting there, but she needs another class or two of her players.
What she needs is to get a true point guard and if they drag on defense when because they are not playing well on the offensive end sit them on the bench

Reactions: 007Racer
11 pts 9 rebs 3 assists 1 block zero t.o.s. Ghost?

She didn't shoot great, 4-12, but stuffed the stat sheet otherwise.

I think folks wanted her to "take over" the game late. She was well defended, really was the whole game but still made some big plays. Obviously not enough, but to say she "disappeared" or "failed to show up" is just silly. Without the contributions she did make we lose handily.

Remember, there are only so many shots to go around. Rae put up 17 shots, and JH and Walker put up 20 between them. Poor Rennia was lucky to get her dozen up.
When Davis disappears, Rae is there. When Davis shows up, Rae is diminished. Kind of a zero sum game between them. Noticed the 'club' joined you. He-man club.

VN Store

Back