Football tix donation

30K???? I love how people just throw out numbers as if they are correct on here. If people actually look at the facts, then they would see that for the whole year Neyland averaged a tad over 94K. If I do my math correctly 102K-94K is not 30K. But do correct me if I am wrong

But wow, I never knew you even had to have donations that high. How can people afford to have tickets? Where does the donation money go? Do other programs do this?

You are going by announced attendance, not actual. I think he is talking about fannies in the seats which is quite a different number.

You are going by announced attendance, not actual. I think he is talking about fannies in the seats which is quite a different number.

Not to the UT AD. The announced attendance is the number of tickets that they sold. They've got their money, and could care less whether you actually choose to attend the game.

They increased $500 total, not per seat. Sorry for the confusion on that. My tix were in Y10, right over the breezeway. Pretty good seats and similar to what I've become accustomed to. My grandmother worked for UTK for 32yrs, thus my family has had tix in Y7 since 1971 (retired in 03' I believe).

What gets me is in the past 10yrs tix have increased 2x-3x the cost. Avg. Inflation is 3% a year, so I could understand a 30% increase in costs but not 200%-300%.

This is price-gouging IMO. Doesnt UT have one of the highest donation requirements in the SEC for season tickets?

^ Actually UT's donation is pretty low compared to the other "big 6" SEC schools. I know for sure Florida is quite a bit higher.

And you get a two year discount off your donation as a recent grad. My seats are $1,000 a year per pair and my donation the first season after I graduated was $100, then the second year was $500, and has been the full $1,000 from the third year on.

What's your yearly donation for tickets? Mine was $500 last year and have the understanding it stays the same each year I purchase football tickets. I got a call today and they are saying $1,000 is my minimum donation now?! Tix were $30 a pop 10yrs ago.

I just don't understand the bump of $500 bucks. I'm a recent graduate and don't have a ton of cash, but even if I did I would not pay $2-3k a year for tickets. That is just ridiculous and absurd. Thanks Mike Hamilton, I place this on your shoulders as well.

I've had same tickets for over 20 years and donation is all the same and has never changed. thye do deals for recent grads where you get a discount early on but then move up to what the seats go for.

mine are actually cheap for the area they are in based on todays rates. If I turned then in UT would get more than 3 times what my donation is..

it pays off in the long run. I've donated over 6 figures since the program began in 1986 (been a donor every year since the beginning) and I can get tickets to most any event I want to go to.

30K???? I love how people just throw out numbers as if they are correct on here. If people actually look at the facts, then they would see that for the whole year Neyland averaged a tad over 94K. If I do my math correctly 102K-94K is not 30K. But do correct me if I am wrong

you are quoting the announced attendance, which includes all workers etc.

actual butts in seats is way less

First year for donating. I chose the upper deck and my donation for 2 tickets was $100. Might upgrade at a later time, but I have 2 seats right next to the aisle, in PP and I've sat there for games and it's a good angle to see the field.

This is price-gouging IMO. Doesnt UT have one of the highest donation requirements in the SEC for season tickets?

It's very comparable to other schools. Last ime I looked at the pricing for UGA, it was nearly identical to ours.

If you call The Tennessee Fund office and speak to a staffer. You should be able to get all your questions answered.

Not to the UT AD. The announced attendance is the number of tickets that they sold. They've got their money, and could care less whether you actually choose to attend the game.

WRONG!

The announced attendance has nothing to do with tickets sold. The announced attendance is a completely made up number that takes into account fans, players, workers, etc. There aren't nearly 100K tickets sold to a game.

Reactions: 1 person
WRONG!

The announced attendance has nothing to do with tickets sold. The announced attendance is a completely made up number that takes into account fans, players, workers, etc. There aren't nearly 100K tickets sold to a game.

Wrong again. It's tickets sold plus a very specific number of staff credentials and media and concession workers. It's not "made up" at all.

Y'all did catch the part where he said he got the call TODAY, right? So all y'all saying that your donation have stayed the same should stick by the phone. I'm sure the little girl IMG hired to make these calls haven't gotten to u yet. Just sayin...

I feel this thread could be a mega melt down soon...

Wrong again. It's tickets sold plus a very specific number of staff credentials and media and concession workers. It's not "made up" at all.

I promise it is a made up number. At least it was when I was there (90-94). A buddy of mine worked in the AD dept. and he asked me what should the attendance be on Sat. Wash St 1994.

There is no way there has ever been 108 or 109,000 people in that place. I've been there when it was packed and theres no way an extra 4 or 5000 people (whether they are concession workers, security, etc.) can fit.

Last edited:
First year for donating. I chose the upper deck and my donation for 2 tickets was $100. Might upgrade at a later time, but I have 2 seats right next to the aisle, in PP and I've sat there for games and it's a good angle to see the field.

That's a steal. I donated $250 for my one ticket, but it's in the XX's. It's also my first year so I hope everything goes as planned. :crossfingers:

Y'all did catch the part where he said he got the call TODAY, right? So all y'all saying that your donation have stayed the same should stick by the phone. I'm sure the little girl IMG hired to make these calls haven't gotten to u yet. Just sayin...

I feel this thread could be a mega melt down soon...

Come on, Oskie! This Friday couldn't get any worse. I'm telling you. This is my first season. I hope they don't call me up and tell me my donation has been jacked up. :ermm:

I promise it is a made up number. At least it was when I was there (90-94). A buddy of mine worked in the AD dept. and he asked me what should the attendance be on Sat. Wash St 1994.

There is no way there has ever been 108 or 109,000 people in that place. I've been there when it was packed and theres no way an extra 4 or 5000 people (whether they are concession workers, security, etc.) can fit.

In a building that big, 4-5K is not that big of a difference.

A few years ago ('06) I was able to buy a pair in section W with no donation, but I couldn't keep them. If I wanted permanent seats I had to donate. Do they still do that?

It was way after the renewal deadline, maybe in July or early Aug they sent out the offer.

For those of you mentioning recent grads...

There is the Young Alumni program which allows recent grads to sit in the designated Young Alumni section (upper deck, north endzone) and requires a graduated donation based on the years since you graduated. New grads donate $100 for their first year, $200 in their second and so forth up to $500.

But wow, I never knew you even had to have donations that high. How can people afford to have tickets? Where does the donation money go? Do other programs do this?

What crack are you smoking? I went to several games last year and 15-20% of the seats were empty before people got disgusted and left. The entire area under the east skyboxes was EMPTY. The official attendance is the number of tickets sold or handed out, not the number of actual people in the stands. The emptiness of the stadium was glaring.

Owning season tickets used to be an honor, but now it is a burden. A burden I am about ready to give up.

The smart money buys off the street. Less Money and Better seats.

Don't know what they did in the early 90s, but in recent years its been sold+credentialed. Period.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

A few years ago ('06) I was able to buy a pair in section W with no donation, but I couldn't keep them. If I wanted permanent seats I had to donate. Do they still do that?

It was way after the renewal deadline, maybe in July or early Aug they sent out the offer.

what they don't sell as season tickets, they will use to do deals with smaller packages or may do a deal for a lower donation or no donation to get tickets sold. this past season was the worst season in many years for season ticket sales..

they only allocate about 65K of the seats for season tickets..

Go to UTsports.com and click on Tennessee Fund link. You can see a view of stadium with the required donation for each location. Funds go to help fund scholarships so your tax dollars are not required. It is a choice you make, no one is twisting your arm or requiring you to make a donation.

I'm pissed to find out about the recent graduate program. They didn't even mention that last season, considering I graduated in May 2011 it would have been nice to save some cash.

VN Store

Back