Football over baseball for Johnson

Greazy up in this thread in 3-2-1 ...

Excited @ Brandon this year. I hope he took full advantage of the Xtra off season to put on some muscle. Guys got pretty good skills and could be a staple this year.

Reactions: bigorange
Greazy up in this thread in 3-2-1 ...

Excited @ Brandon this year. I hope he took full advantage of the Xtra off season to put on some muscle. Guys got pretty good skills and could be a staple this year.
I think Brandon could have a break out year this season. Opportunity will definitely be there.

is it true that pete rose once claimed he had wanted to be a Vol and play football?

(no betchnas, please)
Yes. In an article by Mark Wiedmer of the Chattanooga Times Free Press in 2009, Pete Rose is quoted as telling the Athens Chamber of Commerce, "You know, I almost played football there (Tennessee). They were ready to fly me down and everything. But at the last minute I decided I was going to stick with baseball. I probably wouldn't have gotten in anyway. I wasn't real strong academically."

His father couldn't hit or he would have probably been remembered as an all time great. He was incredible behind the plate.

His father couldn't hit or he would have probably been remembered as an all time great. He was incredible behind the plate.
I had to look at his hitting stats. .245 avg. 167 HRs and 570 RBIs over 11 years in MLB. I remember him being one of the better catchers in the 90's and expected better numbers. You're right, he was a human backstop behind home plate.

Reactions: sjt18
so we have had Benito Santiago's son here and today I found out Charles Johnson is Brandon's dad. Cool. Who else have we had at UT. Anthony Munoz's son. Sorry to hijack thread.

Reactions: Mccage
so we have had Benito Santiago's son here and today I found out Charles Johnson is Brandon's dad. Cool. Who else have we had at UT. Anthony Munoz's son. Sorry to hijack thread.

Bret Saberhagen's son Drew pitched for the Vols off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.....

I dont know why my brother Charles never put a baseball in his hands. I think he could have been a great baseball player. Now my brother regrets it. Lol

VN Store

Back