Football or Basketball School?

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Over the last several years I think we have shifted to a basketball school. I hope Coach will turn us back into a football school. Talking to my UGA grad friend yesterday he pointed out Kirby was like Saban. You get your seniors to hang around. UGA has five key players on defense that stayed is my understanding and the experience has paid off substantially.

We can and should be both a football and basketball school. However football will always be the key revenue driver. Kansas found out this year what power you have as a basketball only school.

As for your Georgia friend, the only people who think Kirby is like Saban are delusional Georgia fans.

We can be both. As well as a baseball school too.

Which program makes more revenue? There’s your answer. I’ll give you 1 guess (Which we know you know, you’re just “special”)

I gave 2 likes for the double post. I coukdnt agree more Woodsman. Cheers to you all. Semper Fi... GBO. I want to wish everyone a great and safe holiday. Give thanks with your families, celebrate with friends. Enjoy and be safe. Also lets not to foget those serving around the globe, men and women of the Armed Forces. Give thanks for them. God bless all.

How about we be known as an everything school. Football is trending back, Baseball just made the World Series, both basketball programs are ranked, several other sports are doing well. And they just cracked the top 50 academically, but they need to work on raising the public university ranking inside the top 25.

why-not-both-why-not.gif

If I had to pick only one it would be football. I do however believe we can be a football, Basketball (M & W) and baseball school. I am not so sure about softball anymore. We have not fielded a great team in years. W Soccer has improved and rowing has continued to get better all the time.

Reactions: MAD
I wish we had a way to kill a double post. The problem for me, I click the POST REPLY, and the post doesn't show up. I keep assuming it means the post didn't make it to the board. Then click POST REPLY again (sometimes that one doesn't show up either) only to find out I have double posted. I really wish there was a way for the posting person (me) to kill the double.

Reactions: Lovnrockytop
Tennessee can have a wide variety of successful sports, but it will always be a football school.

De wimmen say wes a Ladee Vawls school. Lease wize we have been for a while anyways. Watevr, wes is an always will be Tennuhsea. Yez suh, yez mam.

Honestly our fanbase will wildly support any sport that's doing well. Look at baseball last year, or basketball a couple years ago or the Bruce years. We led the nation in attendance for Women's basketball for a long time as well. If you can build a winner, you'll have the entire fanbases' support.

That said, we're always going to be a football school given our history. We can be a basketball school (and baseball) as well given our passion.

VN Store

Back