Football isn’t happening...

With everything opening back up, people are going to start gathering and the virus will start rapidly spreading again.

It’ll be like this for the rest of the year so it’s highly unlikely they’ll be any football or basketball going on.
8f685ab6-1d84-43dc-87d4-6c97922b2bad_text.gif

Then there's Fla, SC, Ark, OK, and TX to name a few that's un-flattening the curve...

My point exactly- don't just read a headline. They're designed as clickbait. That's all. They thrive on fear and chaos. Look into the story and examine the numbers. Testing has skyrocketed & # of cases is not as relevant as it was. FL has a ton of seniors- 20 million people with only 3k deaths. ARK=170 deaths. TX= 2100 deaths out of 30 million people. OK only has 200 hospitalizations from a high of over 500 a few months ago. SC = of the 7,461 inpatient beds currently used, 660 are occupied by patients who have either tested positive or are under investigation for COVID-19. The state still has over 3,500 beds not being used.
How's Georgia doing? We were convinced they'd backslide. Clickbait my friend. They need you to be angry or scared.

No Tennessee football this year would suck. It dramatically increases the odds that jg doesn't play another snap for the Vols. The thought of not having to watch him flail around trying to play qb anymore is a thought that significantly eases the blow... almost makes it worth it just for that.
There ought to be some sort of scientific theory on how every FF thread will eventually turn into a JG thread, no matter the topic

I DO NOT trust these tests they are using, and I have heard that results can depend on calibration, which means it is arbitrary. This virus is not a year old. Who has ever validated the accuracy of these tests? Nobody. I find it hard to believe 23 kids all got it at Clemson. There is so much misinformation about what you should/shouldn't do. What treatments work. How many of us have natural immunity. You have no idea who to listen to or trust, but this story sounds like Fake News to me

Do you work in the medical or scientific field? If not then you’re making some pretty wild accusations. What evidence do you have that these are bad tests? If you aren’t in the health or scientific field then would you even understand how the accuracy of these tests are measured?

It doesn't matter what we believe about Corona. It's those in charge that matter. They will play it safe.
This is why I have remained pessimistic about it. I can think 100%, all day long that they should play football. And I do! But those in charge are going to cave to the media narrative and I just dont think a season is gonna happen. Just praying they don't shut everything down again. We'll be trouble if they do.

The virus isn't ever going away. Its most likely never going to have a "vaccine" and even if it does its not going to be very effective. So either soldier on, get sick, push through, and live your lives or we cancel everything. This is the year of Cancel culture so maybe thats what happens?

I love our age of misinformation and misleading headlines. "The virus is spiking!!' Keep in mind we're testing so much more now then we were. Roughly 28 million Americans have now been tested. Even with skyrocketed testing, numbers are trending down from early April. This is from the CDC today.
Information from these two, I will pass.

It's funny how the one's with the most fear for coronavirus spread and telling people what they should do. Where protesting in mass last couple weeks with nobody saying this is crazy. There were peaceful protesters what Antifa calls the useful idiots and the mobs looting burning buildings but the news media was OK with that because it fit their narrative and got eyes. This will all be over Nov. 4th then treated like the regular Flu. Then follow the winners for the Power struggle for control and the legal tender.
Then we can get back to Football and just in time for Basketball season.

23 Clemson football players test positive for coronavirus - CNN

With breakouts like this and what’s already happening with MLB, I’d say it’s a done deal.

I read the same headline and think exactly the opposite.

Good on Clemson, they're building up herd immunity faster than most.

As the article said:
Most of the total cases have been asymptomatic, and none have required hospitalization....
It's just mid-June. By mid-July, they may be approaching 100% immunity. Almost certainly by mid-August. By the first game of the season, they'll be ready to begin an entire football season free of worry.

This isn't a story about how football in 2020 is doomed. It's a story about the best way to ensure the season goes off without a hitch.

We should all be doing a Clemson. Only protect and isolate lads like Trey Smith who are vulnerable to possible effects of the disease. Once all his teammates have had it and gotten the anti-bodies, he's free to move among them like any other team mate, because...herd immunity.

Don't let politics or your wanting a football season blind you. This pandemic is real.

Some states like AZ, FL and TX are becoming viral hot spots.

The lives of our players, coaches and fans are more important than football. It'll come back - and maybe if we're lucky it'll still happen this year.

az_cases.jpg

az_beds.jpg

az_vents.jpg

F this BS

God and everyone on earth knows this is BS

sure there is a virus but until hospitalizations and deaths ramp up remarkably this is BS
Hospitalizations are at an all time high in TN this week. But keep on believing it's not real....I mean if God knows it's not real it cant possibly be real right

It's only a matter of time before a player or coach with pre-existing conditions gets seriously ill or dies. I can think of at least one player and a number of coaches on our team who are especially vulnerable to this disease.

The average age of death is 78 and 50% of the deaths have been in nursing homes. I don’t even know that your statement is accurate

There should be football and other sports. How many positive cases have there been so far involved with sports? How many cases were critical or even involved death? I haven't heard of one so far!

Just look at the statistics. I'm not the smartest man but i think the Covid numbers in the US are extremely inflated. They count everything that's probable as a positive! Just think about it, why give Drs incentives for positive Covid cases? Some Drs spoke up against this and they were silenced. Look at the rest of the worlds cases. We are ahead by an enormous amount. This virus has been politicized and it needs to stop.

Korean Pro Baseball playing every night with no problems.
Isn’t the EPL starting today ? Weren’t the pre capita death rates much worse in Europe rather than in the US?

It’s very frustrating that this is all of a sudden a big deal again when nobody was talking about it for weeks because of the “greater good”. It’s equally frustrating when the Dan Wolken’s of the world and others like him are chiming in with the “See, I told you so” routine because they are so narcissistic and they would rather be right and not have football than be wrong .

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
I read the same headline and think exactly the opposite.

Good on Clemson, they're building up herd immunity faster than most.

As the article said:

It's just mid-June. By mid-July, they may be approaching 100% immunity. Almost certainly by mid-August. By the first game of the season, they'll be ready to begin an entire football season free of worry.

This isn't a story about how football in 2020 is doomed. It's a story about the best way to ensure the season goes off without a hitch.

We should all be doing a Clemson. Only protect and isolate lads like Trey Smith who are vulnerable to possible effects of the disease. Once all his teammates have had it and gotten the anti-bodies, he's free to move among them like any other team mate, because...herd immunity.
That one way to look at it.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back