Football in Purgatory

VolunteerCeltic

Never tell me the odds!
There is no secret that Pruitt is in trouble. The Football program is losing players, coaches and fans at an accelerated rate while the administration and AD do nothing to stop the bleeding. This limbo is going to affect this program with long reaching effects. The Tennessee job is not a top tier job anymore, sure they have facilities and some mismanaged resources, but they have a depleting fanbase. They have lost a generation of fans with their football program mismanagement over the past 13 years and will reap that loss for the foreseeable future. A lot of old school fans are apathetic, which directly translates to them not spending money on the program. The longer this Pruitt Circus Show lasts with no resolution either pro or con, the worse the long term effects will be.

All I know is that after all this time, when they do finally announce Pruitt is out, they better have the replacement signed up that very same day. But with this admin it would not surprise me at all to wait until then to start a two week coaching search with several coaches publicly turning us down before settling for a no name.

I'd like to recommend a new title for your thread..."Football in Purgatory". As for the long term, how much worse can it get? 3 win seasons and 9...NINE losing seasons in the last 15 years.
I actually like that title better, thank you for the recommendation....

Reactions: CAVPUT
There is no secret that Pruitt is in trouble. The Football program is losing players, coaches and fans at an accelerated rate while the administration and AD do nothing to stop the bleeding. This limbo is going to affect this program with long reaching effects. The Tennessee job is not a top tier job anymore, sure they have facilities and some mismanaged resources, but they have a depleting fanbase. They have lost a generation of fans with their football program mismanagement over the past 13 years and will reap that loss for the foreseeable future. A lot of old school fans are apathetic, which directly translates to them not spending money on the program. The longer this Pruitt Circus Show lasts with no resolution either pro or con, the worse the long term effects will be.

Good deal...you seem to know the inner workings of the football program and administration so can you keep us all informed? Thanks pal!

Reactions: Vollifer1949
Every day I login...new thread, same stuff.
Maybe by some remote chance, the actual people who have driven the Football program so far down the irrelevant road, they can read these multiple threads on what the fans actually think......

Good deal...you seem to know the inner workings of the football program and administration so can you keep us all informed? Thanks pal!
Hey buddy, your are most welcome....dont hesitate to call or email me with any questions......

Nicely stated opinions that are factual and sadly accurate!

The issue here is the investigation is still ongoing. First thing lawyers, on both sides, will advise is to say nothing to anyone. Although painful for us fans to be in a void of information it’s part of the process.

I imagine it’s far worse to be the focus of this investigation and unable to say or do anything to defend yourself. Or if your guilty and know they have the goods wondering how much, if anything, you will get as you’re terminated for cause and basically un-hirable for the next few years.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
remember when the NCAA video game series would have stars by programs? Bama, Georgia, OSU, Texas, USC... all had 6 out of 6. UT would be lucky to have a 4 by it, now.

Reactions: SmokeyDog1973
The 9 Circles of Hell per Dante

• First Circle: Limbo (Not hiring assistants/NCAA issues)
  • Second Circle: Lust. (We lust for winning)
  • Third Circle: Gluttony (Seen Chaney at the buffet line?)
  • Fourth Circle: Greed (Seen Pruitt's buyout?)
  • Fifth Circle: Anger (Remember Schiano Sunday?)
  • Sixth Circle: Heresy (Hiring a Gump)
  • Seventh Circle: Violence (Players falling on helmets)
  • Eighth Circle: Fraud (Does hiring a HC with no HC experience count?)
  • Ninth Circle: Treachery (Phil wiggling himself into the AD position)

VN Store

Back