Football camping

MBVolFan

VFL!
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Originally from the area, but live in SC now. Plan on coming up for a few games this fall. Looking for a good campground to stay at on game weekends. Like to tailgate, but not get too crazy. Any help will be appreciated. GBO!!!

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Originally from the area, but live in SC now. Plan on coming up for a few games this fall. Looking for a good campground to stay at on game weekends. Like to tailgate, but not get too crazy. Any help will be appreciated. GBO!!!
As you probably know make reservations early, with fall color changes come packed campgrounds.

Tent or RV?

I stay at Elkmont in the national park for game weekends. It's on the far side of downtown Gatlinburg but you can get on the bypass and miss all of downtown Gatlinburg.

No showers but running water in bath houses. Also no hookups for RV.

Probably pretty well booked up for the fall this late but you might find a spot on Recreation.com

Reactions: MBVolFan
Tent or RV?

I stay at Elkmont in the national park for game weekends. It's on the far side of downtown Gatlinburg but you can get on the bypass and miss all of downtown Gatlinburg.

Probably pretty well booked up for the fall this late but you might find a spot on Recreation.com
That's where I stay. I booked mine in April.

I tent camp, and did a recon a few years ago on some of the sites that I thought gave a tad more privacy than others. You'll see the sites I like circled and a legend on the bottom of the sheet. I have reserved L5 before the Alabama and Florida games this year. If my kids come home I might blow off the camping (With the senior pass, it's 12.50 per night). edit: And if they don't show up, I cancel. That gives someone else a shot at it.

No showers ad Dobre states, however the morning of the game, there is a dish sink that you can get like 99 percent clean. I get up before daylight, shampoo, shave, hit the crevasses with some soap (you can get your head complete under the spigot) and I'm cleaner than you are now. Very convenient to Gatlinburg (you need to drive there for cell coverage)

One more edit: Just looked at the picture of the sink closer and realized it has a threaded end. A short hose might be perfect for rinsing head... hmmm.. much to consider!

Attachments

• Elkmont recon.png
    Elkmont recon.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 11
  • elkmont sink.JPG
    elkmont sink.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: MBVolFan
Tent or RV?

35’ travel trailer. Full hookups preferred. Also something a little closer to Knoxville.

VN Store

Back