Fluke

63 points was not a fluke!!! I wouldn't want to play them now. We have no defense!!!

Vols 56
Vandy 0

Which part of zero is confusing?
img_0399.png

Keep the coaches and keep recruiting for now.this was year 2 and if they all have good chemistry then just keep improving on the field. I didn't realize until today that we was missing 4 DB'S against Vandy and the D looked alot better.
Vandy's QB helped out the defense as well...

Vols 56
Vandy 0

Which part of zero is confusing?
img_0399.png
What part of next to last in country in pass defense is confusing to you???? Vandy has no Spencer Rattler, heck our defense made Anthony Richardson look like a Heisman winner!!! Vandy is terrible!

What part of next to last in country in pass defense is confusing to you???? Vandy has no Spencer Rattler, heck our defense made Anthony Richardson look like a Heisman winner!!! Vandy is terrible!

Well, that part is admittedly true. We definitely need to pressure the quarterback....whatever it takes.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
I respect you... but I'm not buying that from the start they weren't hustling. I imagine after they couldn't stop USCe and always seemed to be in the wrong call it got pretty frustrating.

But I'm just not buying "blame the players". Good on the ones who tried to "own it"... but Banks was badly outcoached.

Respectfully, I dont think it was ALL the players (even just defense) but enough of them to make the difference. I saw too many instances where there just was not the hustle we have seen before. I think there was a slacking off and then Rattler was having a field day and it got out of hand. I give USCe coaching credit as well because it had a game plan. I just do not think it would have happened to that extent except for a chemistry issue.

Not having Banks as the disrupter there and to lead with his fierce dog attitude also definitely hurt. I think his not being there and a few key guys who were butt hurt because they didnt agree with why he wasnt there spiraled into a game that got away and then they may have wanted to come back but lost heart without anyone to lead them.

There are many examples in history where the better team/army, etc lost because of chemistry being off and I think this was a major factor (but not the only one). JMO

Last edited:
Do not think that so.Carolina would beat us again.And why was Freddie Kitchens in the booth with the offensive guys of SC?By the way,Satterfield was fired today.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
They figured something out on Banks and the D. They gameplanned and called plays like they were inside his head. They outcoached and truthfully abused him.

So I guess my question is why you think they wouldn't do it again? It isn't like they beat UT with a last minute FG... they scored at will. Banks couldn't even give the O a chance.
Hmmm, didn't see Banks on the field. Aaahhh, that's the reason we lost because he wasn't on the field playing. So Banks told our guys not to tackle & just let USCe run over us. Wow! Glad we found out the reason. By a lottery ticket, or apply for coaching--you're so good at it.

Hmmm, didn't see Banks on the field. Aaahhh, that's the reason we lost because he wasn't on the field playing. So Banks told our guys not to tackle & just let USCe run over us. Wow! Glad we found out the reason. By a lottery ticket, or apply for coaching--you're so good at it.
Yeah. Coaching doesn't matter... that's why they're paid around a million to do it.

If you can't see the running themes on D throughout the past two seasons then that's on you. You don't have to be a coach to recognize issues any more than you have to be a dentist to know someone has a cavity or crooked teeth. When you blitz repeatedly and give a 10 yd cushion and 5 yd outs all game... that ain't players not doing what they're told to do. When game after game there are MASSIVE holes in your zone D... that's not just players doing dumb stuff.

Why is this topic even being debated now? Unfortunately this team learned a very costly lesson not to take another SEC team for granted, especially when your playing at their place. Revenge is next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: peaygolf
They beat Clemson @ Clemson the very next week.
And Hendon Hooker ain't lining up for us.

They scored on 80 percent of their possessions.

Stop smoking dude...

Yeah it was like 90% I thought. 9 touchdowns. It also didn’t cost us a spot unless USC loses to Utah in the championship game. Then we would have get in over OSU which isn’t a given anyways.

USCe was a fluke. But it did definitely cost us a CFP position. How badly would we beat them now?
This loss is going to hurt for a long time, however 10-2 sure is a great step in the right direction. An opportunity to get into the playoffs is very rare and you can’t lose focus and read your press clippings and let that slip away, but we did. I hope we get some better defensive players and our odds of getting back in the playoff picture may be a viable option again soon. Go Vols!

Not sure. It was a very frustrating game obviously. I’ve never seen a defense either so unmotivated or so unprepared. There was never a corner within 8 yards of a receiver. A high school qb would’ve carved us up that night.

VN Store

Back