Fluke

They figured something out on Banks and the D. They gameplanned and called plays like they were inside his head. They outcoached and truthfully abused him.

So I guess my question is why you think they wouldn't do it again? It isn't like they beat UT with a last minute FG... they scored at will. Banks couldn't even give the O a chance.

They figured something out on Banks and the D. They gameplanned and called plays like they were inside his head. They outcoached and truthfully abused him.

So I guess my question is why you think they wouldn't do it again? It isn't like they beat UT with a last minute FG... they scored at will. Banks couldn't even give the O a chance.

I agree that SC figured something out regarding Banks, but I believe other factors were involved. Our defense played like they didn't want to be there. Also, I would like to think Banks would enter a rematch with a different defensive game plan. It's obvious that the plan he had going into that game sucked.

I agree that SC figured something out regarding Banks, but I believe other factors were involved. Our defense played like they didn't want to be there. Also, I would like to think Banks would enter a rematch with a different defensive game plan. It's obvious that the plan he had going into that game sucked.
There are a few camps regarding the D this year. I don't think anyone believes the talent is ideal. However some tend to point almost exclusively at talent and players. Sometimes people will throw in Martinez with the players. Some seem to almost blame Martinez exclusively.

For me and maybe a few others, the questions have to start at the top with Banks. His scheme. His gameplans. His play calling.

Stoops canned the NFL OC UK fans were so proud of today. It will be interesting to see how Heupel assesses UT's needs on D.

Reactions: 90 Vol
Who knows. That's how CFB works though. You get one shot. One opportunity. Unfortunately Tennessee had mom's spaghetti that night.

Reminds me of my Sr yr in HS. We travelled to Bradley Central and stopped and ate at Mr. Gatti's Pizza Buffet. Ill just say, it was not a good coaching decision to stop there before a game.

The on player said they overlooked south Carolina. Beasley said they played like they thought the game was just gonna be handed to them. And then you have Hyatt talking about how he was going to burn south Carolina and then the back up QBs Dad was talking smack to Hooker and he said he was going to beat them bad now. It all added to a **** show.

There are a few camps regarding the D this year. I don't think anyone believes the talent is ideal. However some tend to point almost exclusively at talent and players. Sometimes people will throw in Martinez with the players. Some seem to almost blame Martinez exclusively.

For me and maybe a few others, the questions have to start at the top with Banks. His scheme. His gameplans. His play calling.

Stoops canned the NFL OC UK fans were so proud of today. It will be interesting to see how Heupel assesses UT's needs on D.
Keep the coaches and keep recruiting for now.this was year 2 and if they all have good chemistry then just keep improving on the field. I didn't realize until today that we was missing 4 DB'S against Vandy and the D looked alot better.

No disrespect to the cocks, I'm a firm believer that Carolina beating them is a huge fluke and robs the Vols of truly accomplishing what they’re capable of. I've spent the last few days in pure disbelief and it just doesn't make sense to me. I've spent the entire regular season watching the Vols play great football it's just not fair.

If the Vols lose again I will face that the Cocks deserved the win, but I am just 100% sure it was a fluke and does a big disservice to the Vols and college football.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Keep the coaches and keep recruiting for now.this was year 2 and if they all have good chemistry then just keep improving on the field. I didn't realize until today that we was missing 4 DB'S against Vandy and the D looked alot better.
Vandy still has Vandy talent and then inexplicably didn't use the QB run or put their passing QB in until late. UT would have won any way but the D was rescued by some of the stupidest coaching you're going to ever see.

VN Store

Back